1st review article not if anyones seen this yet

aki_star01

It’s a frustrating answer, but the most honest one I can give. Will the people who so looked forward to it be disappointed? A little bit. Will the people who wrote it off so quickly be pleasantly surprised? A little bit. Either way, things aren’t as they first seemed.

Doesn't sound too good. :fedup:

But the rest of the game sounds solid, and I can't wait to see the different promos for the Fantasy Warfare matches. The game is almost definitely going to be better than SVR11.

I'm not really sure if this is an actually review of the finished product, he is very vague about a lot of aspects no mention of how steel cage matches play or hardcore matches etc. No mention of alt attires or selection of old and new arenas. Also no mention about the online aspects. I think everyone should wait for a more credable review from a more well known site considering this is the first time I've heard of this one.

This seems like the kind of game that could get old fast, like it'd be a lot of fun for the first few days then you'd start to just keep seeing the same things over and over again and it'll lose a lot of it's shine. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with how many shared moves the characters have, they should make each character have 100% unique animations, even if they do the same spine buster it should look a little different depending on who's doing it, the lack of animations seems kind of lazy on the devs part.

I'm not really sure if this is an actually review of the finished product, he is very vague about a lot of aspects no mention of how steel cage matches play or hardcore matches etc. No mention of alt attires or selection of old and new arenas. Also no mention about the online aspects. I think everyone should wait for a more credable review from a more well known site considering this is the first time I've heard of this one.

You'r damn right. 8-)

The online servers are probably not up yet, and most reviews wouldn't even go into as much detail as he did, so I can overlook his lack of coverage on a few matches (that are pretty obvious as to how they play out), and not mentioning window dressing aspects that only folks here would care about.

In the coming weeks you'll see shorter and far less descriptive reviews from the big outlets, and most will be targeted to casual fans. It's nice to have a lengthy early review from someone that seems to be more on our side of the tracks when it comes to the appreciation of the genre.

I'm a bit skeptical of this review as well. I've never heard of Wrestling101.com and it seems strange that they would have an early review copy. The reviewer, "John Hancock", doesn't have any other articles on the site, and pretty much all the information he shares are things that have been stated in various previews. While it's not a bad review, I'd take it with a grain of salt for now.

The thing about the review someone could write about that review from purely just from the information released so far. It's like he brushes over caw, and that is one of the things we really havn't seen a lot of. My guess would be is the site is trying to draw in traffic to the site by putting up an early review.

Not many mainstream outlets go that in-depth in regards to CAW modes, and he pretty much admits he's not into that sort of thing in the review. Not everyone obsesses over that stuff, and from recent discussions on this section of the forum, there's quite a few here that that don't. And chances are, they'll be breezed over in a lot of mainstream reviews too.

Hell, 1up hasn't even covered the darn game. If they can't be bothered to toss together a preview or two, do ya really think they'll cover a mode, that brings nothing new to the table for something that pretty much speaks for itself?

Doubt it.

Also we don't know if certain restrictions were placed on the guy of what he could and couldn't go into. Marcus said last night on the CawsCast that they will be doing a series of blogs going over the CAW modes offerings in the next week, so it's possible any new info regarding it is to be straight from the horses mouth.

The review seems legit, from a guy that scored an early copy (pointing out the good from the bad, and going in-depth regarding Path of Champions), I'm not so eager to dismiss him just because he didn't cover every little detail and isn't a "professional enthusiast" when it comes to video gaming.

I'm willing to bet his score of 8/10 will be the norm (if not lower).

Did anyone actually read the "review"? It's pretty obvious that it was a preview of only the portions of the game that THQ granted the press at the event. He only had a limited amount of time with game - of course he's not going to review CAW given the circumstances. Anyways, nice to hear his point of view, but no new info and nothing we couldn't deduce on our own.

It's not a review and he doesn't even have the game. He says "On March 3rd 2011 I was invited to a THQ media event for an exciting opportunity to view the upcoming WWE All Stars game. For the sake of accuracy, this preview is based on time spent playing the game. Unfortunately, there’s a possibility that the final product may be different from what I experienced.".

It's a preview, not a review.

It's not a review and he doesn't even have the game. He says "On March 3rd 2011 I was invited to a THQ media event for an exciting opportunity to view the upcoming WWE All Stars game. For the sake of accuracy, this preview is based on time spent playing the game. Unfortunately, there’s a possibility that the final product may be different from what I experienced.".

It's a preview, not a review.

It's been edited since yesterday.

I don't recall that intro, and he's removed his score of 8/10.

Archived