Update on Jeff Hardy and Sting After the Controversial Victory Road Finish

AustinFan

- In an update on Jeff Hardy/Sting match from last night's Victory Road pay-per-view, sources continue to report that Hardy was in no condition to wrestle. Sting was said to be a complete professional and had nothing to do with why the match was cut short.

People within TNA are upset that Hardy was even sent out to the ring at all as it was clear to anyone who saw him that he should not have been out there. The feeling is that TNA should have re-shuffled the card, they didn't, and now this looks bad on them and reflects some of the greater problems they have.

- We've heard nothing out of Hardy on Twitter overnight except the following Tweet: "Things are op."

Presumably Hardy meant "things are ok" but we don't know that. No word yet if Hardy will work tonight's TNA iMPACT tapings.

Partial source: PWInsider

Credit:PwPix.net

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/302121728.php

Update:

TNA officials were meeting about Jeff Hardy this morning and the decision was made to send the former World Heavyweight Champion home from this week's iMPACT tapings.

Despite the quick finish at Victory Road last night,

Sting was still scheduled to retain the TNA World Heavyweight Title but in a normal match.

The incident last night led to Hardy trending on Twitter and to online rumors that he was arrested after the show, which were not true at all.

Source: PWInsider

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/302126541.php

Update #2:

As reported earlier, TNA Wrestling officials made the decision to send Jeff Hardy home from this week's iMPACT! television tapings. Reports from last night's show were that Hardy was in no condition to perform and management decided to cut his match with Sting short.

Unlike the last time there was a question about Hardy's condition (prior to the Final Resolution pay-per-view in December, company officials were going to strip Hardy of the World Heavyweight Championship due to his condition backstage at the event, but then changed their minds) no one within the company has attempted to defend him. Many company employees are very upset about the situation, especially with the decision to allow Hardy to go out in front of the audience considering he stumbled on the ramp and nearly tripped over the ring steps. Others were surprised that an audible wasn't called to "make it up" to the audience.

While Hardy has been sent home from this week's iMPACT! tapings, no further decision has been made regarding his future in the organization.

Hardy tweeted last night that "things are op." His next court date in Moore County, North Carolina is scheduled for Wednesday.

source: PWInsider.com

http://www.pwpix.net/pwpixnews/headlines/302132651.php

It's sad when Jeff pretending to throw his shirt is actually longer than the match itself. One inverted DDT later and boom! A garbage ending to an average PPV. It's horseshit like that match that makes me glad I stream instead of waste good money.

This, still not sure what to make of the actual reasons behind the way it went but still shitty for those who shelled out $ for it to attend it live and to watch via ppv.

I missed it, what happened?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lckr9OLR2Ow&feature=player_embedded

Speculation is Hardy was too messed up on whatever he was supposedly on that night and was in no condition to work this match, other rumors it's one big shoot/work.

I am on the fence myself on this whole thing lol.

Shit from the updates, looks like Hardy is in deep doo-doo

It's not a work. You can clearly tell Jeff is high on something. The way he stumbled to the ring, almost tripping on the steps, the look in his eyes right after the match...he looked like he was on another planet. They might try to play this off like it was a work to cover up, but it wasn't.

Looks like Sting had to actually force Hardy down for the 3 count. Good thing he's back in shape,but that makes it all the more dissapointing that Sting didn't stiff the shit out of Hardy. That would've made for a great main event. Also

Pissed off fans:Bullshit!Bullshit!Bullshit!

A more pissed off Sting:I agree

That's my pick for momemnt of the year.

I said in spoiler chat, I don't know why they either didn't just add Anderson and Van Dam in (they'd probably have had to shorten their match but whatever) and make it a 4 way. Or just drop Jeff totally. If he was so screwed up, a decision should've been made to change the match. Why that didn't happen is beyond me.

Glad to see Jeff Hardy got sent home but I'll do one better. Id like to see him fired and give his brother the option of staying or leaving with the company. This would be the second time that Jeff Hardy has screwed over TNA and I gave Jeff the benefit of the doubt this time around. Heck his heel gimmick might be one of the best moments of his career. But its his own fault that this happened and TNA needs to expose him and release him.

Glad to see Jeff Hardy got sent home but I'll do one better. Id like to see him fired and give his brother the option of staying or leaving with the company. This would be the second time that Jeff Hardy has screwed over TNA and I gave Jeff the benefit of the doubt this time around. Heck his heel gimmick might be one of the best moments of his career. But its his own fault that this happened and TNA needs to expose him and release him.

What did Jeff do to screw over TNA last time? I didnt follow TNA back then so that's why I ask.

What did Jeff do to screw over TNA last time? I didnt follow TNA back then so that's why I ask.

He like, "no showed" every event.

I believe he no-showed events he was supposed to be in.

After reviewing the video, I have come to the conclusion that this whole thing is a work.

That would be one of the stupidest works ever.

Usually when things go wrong like this they try to pretend like everything's going according to plan. However, in the video it's quite blatant that Bischoff is talking to Sting and jeff as if he's changing the finish on the fly. That's why it looks like a work to me.

If this is a work, then I'm done with TNA. How could they charge fans for a pay-per-view and screw them out of a mainevent? Do they really think that is going to keep people watching their weekly taped show? All its going to do is piss people off! I'm so sick of TNA's "worked shoot" bull shit too. I like that their product has a realistic feel to it. I really do love that. But I'd rather not have the wrestler's real life dramas mixed into the storylines. The Angle/Jarrett storyline for example, is pathetic and not entertaining. I don't care about Angle's personal life, and watching an exaggerated version of it isn't going to entertain me. He's the best wrestler of all time. As a wrestling fan, that's all I really care about. The same goes for Jeff Hardy. I already know that he's a washed up, hopeless druggy. I don't want to see him pretend to be high for a wrestling angle. If he has to be there, I want to see him do his best to wrestle.

I don't think its a work though. I think Jeff just screwed up once again. He's had many failures in the past, but stubborn fans continued to stick up for him. I feel really bad for them right now. He proved to them that they were wrong, and will always be wrong. I remember hearing people say that the last drug bust he was involved with was going to be the reality check he needs to get his shit together. I remember hearing wrestling fans say that since Jeff apparently has a kid to look after now, he's going to clean up his life and get back on track. Nope. Jeff is still a worthless loser, just like his brother.

I hope TNA makes the right decision and leaves Jeff behind forever. I think they will this time. I'd also like to say that I'm impressed with Sting's professionalism. I haven't been too big of a Sting fan in recent years, but I've gained a lot of respect for him after seeing Victory Road. Considering that doped up piece of garbage he had to share the ring with, he did a great job. He stayed in character for the most part and just wrestled the match even though it was a lost cause. I also like that he was kind enough to agree with the fans and apologize to them in his own way after the match was over. Sting proved why he's still a legend even though he's gotten slower and sloppier in the ring. I just don't understand why they couldn't have him fight someone else.

F'ing hell and some people may know I defend Jeff and, more so, Matt too the moon but on this ocasion it's wrong, I hope Jeff get's fired because to be quite honest the way he's going he's just gunna end up dead in a few years. I mean come on man you have a kid for christ sake! Don't let him/her see you like this get into rehab and sober[dunno the drug term :P] the f*** up!

Archived