Did I Do the Right Thing?

Sam The Dude

Ok well, today at lunch, my friend was telling our whole table about how he flirts with this girl who I like( who I am also good friends with) just for shits and giggles, pretty much, and that he doesn't really like her. Honestly the friend who has been flirting with her, has been a douche to me as of late. He's known forever that I liked her. So I told her as a friend that what he said at lunch. I'm not trying to hook-up with her or anything or get her to like me, it's just I genuinely didn't want to see her hurt. Pretty much, it's sort of become a big deal now. Do you think I did the right thing?

[quote name='.Rubbersoul' timestamp='1299207255' post='7945371']
Unless the girl really liked him and was getting the impression he really liked her, you shouldn't of said anything.
[/quote]
She really liked him she thought he liked her so yeah.

Unless the girl really liked him and was getting the impression he really liked her, you shouldn't of said anything.
[/quote]
Disagree, because if she really liked him and it got to the point where she wanted things to get serious and then found out the guy was just doing it because he was bored she would have probably felt worse.

I think you did the right thing, she might not be happy about it right now but it was for the best.

I feel you did the right thing, but I also think you're posting here because either A) people involved don't believe you/think it was wrong or B) you feel you did something horrible. If your friend has a thing for breaking girl's hearts, I don't know why you're still friends with him in the first place. And if your other friend, the girl, was to get hurt by this guy and you didn't say something, but you *knew* about it, you would be feeling awful in any case. So it's more an issue of what did your heart tell you to do, which was apparently tell her. I don't see how that's awful in any case. If the dickbag friend doesn't like you anymore, that's his loss for being a dickbag. Simple as that. If the girl doesn't believe you, oh well, you warned her. And if you're feeling at all guilty about telling her, I have to ask; why?

I'm posting it because it's been a big deal all day. And I know for a fact that he hates my guts, but I don't care at all. I've been consoling her all day, she's really sad. He keeps lying about it to her too, and she keeps on calling him out on those lies and apparently, he's just been saying, "Well have fun with your boyfriend, Sam!" He's trying to turn it around and play himself as the victim. He can go f*ck himself. It's gonna be awkward since I have alot of classes with him, but I think I did the right thing.

This isn't any sort of problem whatsoever. You did the right thing and more people should follow in your footsteps when someone refuses the truth to be known. The only one who loses on such a thing is the liar.

[quote name='TheSammyBoy' timestamp='1299211928' post='7945495']
I'm posting it because it's been a big deal all day. And I know for a fact that he hates my guts, but I don't care at all. I've been consoling her all day, she's really sad. He keeps lying about it to her too, and she keeps on calling him out on those lies and apparently, he's just been saying, "Well have fun with your boyfriend, Sam!" He's trying to turn it around and play himself as the victim. He can go f*ck himself. It's gonna be awkward since I have alot of classes with him, but I think I did the right thing.
[/quote]
He sounds very manipulative. You might have to consider that he is a psychopath or has some other kind of disturbance and as such will be a bad influence on your well-being. Why are you friends with a person like that?

I've had to do that before. My friend is always using girls and cheating on them and one of my best friends thought he was "sweet and nice". I told her what he does to girls and she stopped talking to him.

Let me tell my own version of a story like yours.

I have a friend. She used to be with a person who was a complete arse. A drug addict that used to beat her. They both did drugs but not the extent he did. (messing with powder) She used to complain constantly about how sad he makes her. Eventually they broke up. I was glad. Both for her sake and my own. Not having to listen to the relentless complaining.

She got a new guy. A very nice one that lived pretty far away, so they could only get together some weekends in a month. In fact, she thought he was too nice. But we all hung out and had fun. Then, one day. She WENT BACK to the old guy who used to beat her and CHEATED on the nice guy she was currently with.

I noticed what was going on. I told her that she has to tell the nice guy what she has done and do what is right to him, but she gave INSANE excuses like "No its too much, I cant be bothered, I have to do my laundry today". It pissed me off very much, I yelled at her and she hung up right in my ear.

So I texted him and told him myself. After a while I broke off contact with her.

[quote name='TheSammyBoy' timestamp='1299205870' post='7945309']
Ok well, today at lunch, my friend was telling our whole table about how he flirts with this girl who I like( who I am also good friends with) just for shits and giggles, pretty much, and that he doesn't really like her. Honestly the friend who has been flirting with her, has been a douche to me as of late. He's known forever that I liked her. So I told her as a friend that what he said at lunch. I'm not trying to hook-up with her or anything or get her to like me, it's just I genuinely didn't want to see her hurt. Pretty much, it's sort of become a big deal now. Do you think I did the right thing?
[/quote]

I think you did, because you're trying to look out for your friend. I know some people look down at snitching, but if you think one of your friends is going to get hurt(whether physically or emotionally), then you did the right thing.

[/quote]

[quote name='doG' timestamp='1299231534' post='7945658']
This isn't any sort of problem whatsoever. You did the right thing and more people should follow in your footsteps when someone refuses the truth to be known. The only one who loses on such a thing is the liar.

[/quote]
He sounds very manipulative. [b]You might have to consider that he is a psychopath[/b] [b]or has some other kind of disturbance [/b]and as such will be a bad influence on your well-being. Why are you friends with a person like that?
[/quote]
No. Why are you thinking so much into it? There is no need to go that deep & depressing. There is kids like this in EVERY school, the cocky kids that think they can get the ladies, but really just get a kick of turning them down. I can garuntee we have all met or atleast been in the same school as a guy/girl like this.

[b]No[/b]? What the hell kind of a nonsense reply is that to a speculative statement? You have no idea what the person he knows is like. Neither do I, Im just throwing out something that came to mind when reading this topic. Exactly like you are.

Why? Because psychopaths are more common in society then most people think. It isn't just people that end up in prison. Alot of psychopaths function well in society and some work their way up to upper managerial positions at wealthy businesses. And even if you aren't a full-blown psychopath you can have enough of the trademark traits to be a terrible and annoying person.

Do yourself a favor: http://www.documentary-log.com/you-are-watching-psychopath/

Also. It's one thing to lie to someone and say "nah girl that guy is just bullshitting, you know I like you". But it's a completely different thing to really add salt to the wounds and try to make yourself seem like the [b]victim[/b]. That is far too extreme and goes beyond a common cowardly lie. He seems to enjoy provoking and playing with the whole thing. But maybe I am wrong about that? Only the OP can enlighten us on that.

Based on my experiences with messed up people, I would assume that he is either an arse or an arse with mental issues. Either way; He clearly isn't a good influence on the topic creator so my point still stands. Get the hell away from that idiot.

Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. Good for you for telling her. I best friend goes out with some chick he doesn't even like so I gave her a warning about his past experiences with girlfriends. I did the right thing because she's my friend and I (tried to) save/saved her from problems. She ignored and has now been in an unhappy relationship for 6 months.

So what you did is right dude. Don't hesitate to even think you did the right thing. If a person has the truth, they have every right to be involved in anything because they know what's right and it's exactly what you did.

[quote name='TheSammyBoy' timestamp='1299207791' post='7945384']
[/quote]
[/quote]
no offense but if anyone is the douche its you . your ladyfriend liked this guy and you adopted a "if i can't have her he can't either attitude" grow up

if you liked her you should have grew a pair and asked her out
your ladyfriend is her own person its up to her who she dates if he hurts her she will be stronger for it
call him a "douche" all you want at least he had the nerve to ask her out

[center][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKZ85EGJoF0&playnext=1&list=PL86BF4DFAC7429B0E[/youtube][/center]

[center]***[/center]

All three characters in this story are at fault:

1.) The antagonist is at fault for being insincere
2.) The protagonist is at fault for having somewhat spiteful intentions.
3.) The damsel is at fault for loving the insincere antagonist

[quote name='billingtonfan' timestamp='1299288170' post='7946670']
[quote name='TheSammyBoy' timestamp='1299207791' post='7945384']
[/quote]
[/quote]
no offense but if anyone is the douche its you . your ladyfriend liked this guy and you adopted a "if i can't have her he can't either attitude" grow up

if you liked her you should have grew a pair and asked her out
your ladyfriend is her own person its up to her who she dates if he hurts her she will be stronger for it
call him a "douche" all you want at least he had the nerve to ask her out
[/quote]
I don't know if you understand, but she liked him, but her didn't like her. He didn't ask her out. He was never going to. He never asks girls out, he just get's their hopes up. He was just flirting with her to laugh at her is what he said. It was just that I have always been there for her when she was hurt, and it's really sad. She has depression too so he is f*ckin' with her emotions like that it plain horrible. How is he not a douche? My motives were not me to go out with her, my motives were to not have her hurt by this douche. It's like you didn't even read what I said at all.

And also I have asked her out. She just wanted to be friends and said she didn't want to ever lose me, and I'm content with that. I just want her to be happy.

Archived