Hands on WWE All stars

Raddad88

http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-wwe-all-stars-191975.phtml

[quote]Controls were pretty simple from what I tried out on the Xbox 360. Y is assigned to your strong strike, X is for a quick strike, B is a strong grapple and A is for a quick grapple. Combos can be performed and a different move will happen depending on which direction the joystick is pushed with the button presses.

Players have an energy meter that allows them to use four different signature moves for each wrestler (The Rock's "Rock Bottom," for example.) These meters fill up faster the more a player uses different techniques. Performing these signature moves is done with a combo of either the X + A or Y + B buttons. These special moves also cause all of the action to go into very cheesy slow-motion.

Along with the energy meter is the Finishing Meter which is activated by pressing the left and right bumper together at the same time. [b]A player can activate the Finishing Meter once it's filled up and if they connect, it's over; the opponent is knocked out.[/b]

On the defense side, players will be able to counter grapples/reversals with the left bumper and block/counter strikes with the right trigger. It's kind of a guessing game as you're not sure if the player is going for a strike or attempting to grapple. Everything can be reversed, so it's up to you to be quick enough to prevent an attack.

You'll of course be able to do things like climbing the turnbuckle, whipping players into the ropes -- you can even use objects like steal chairs, although you have a limit to how many times you can use a weapon before getting disqualified.

The other meter you'll be worrying about is your health meter, naturally. You're in trouble when it's flashing red and it'll be harder to get out of pins. One thing I liked about All Stars is that even a pinned player will have a second chance as a meter pop-ups for both players. The player that's pinning the opponent will need to try and fill the meter while the pinned player will be trying to increase the capacity of the meter, making it harder to get filled up.[/quote]

Sounds promising, [b]seems like finishers automatically end the match though?[/b]
Sorry if this is a repost, but had some info in it I hadn't seen so I thought I'd share.

[quote name='Sam8madness' timestamp='1299106187' post='7943451']
[url="http://www.destructoid.com/hands-on-wwe-all-stars-191975.phtml"]http://www.destructo...rs-191975.phtml[/url]

[quote]Controls were pretty simple from what I tried out on the Xbox 360. Y is assigned to your strong strike, X is for a quick strike, B is a strong grapple and A is for a quick grapple. Combos can be performed and a different move will happen depending on which direction the joystick is pushed with the button presses.

Players have an energy meter that allows them to use four different signature moves for each wrestler (The Rock's "Rock Bottom," for example.) These meters fill up faster the more a player uses different techniques. Performing these signature moves is done with a combo of either the X + A or Y + B buttons. These special moves also cause all of the action to go into very cheesy slow-motion.

Along with the energy meter is the Finishing Meter which is activated by pressing the left and right bumper together at the same time. [b]A player can activate the Finishing Meter once it's filled up and if they connect, it's over; the opponent is knocked out.[/b]

On the defense side, players will be able to counter grapples/reversals with the left bumper and block/counter strikes with the right trigger. It's kind of a guessing game as you're not sure if the player is going for a strike or attempting to grapple. Everything can be reversed, so it's up to you to be quick enough to prevent an attack.

You'll of course be able to do things like climbing the turnbuckle, whipping players into the ropes -- you can even use objects like steal chairs, although you have a limit to how many times you can use a weapon before getting disqualified.

The other meter you'll be worrying about is your health meter, naturally. You're in trouble when it's flashing red and it'll be harder to get out of pins. One thing I liked about All Stars is that even a pinned player will have a second chance as a meter pop-ups for both players. The player that's pinning the opponent will need to try and fill the meter while the pinned player will be trying to increase the capacity of the meter, making it harder to get filled up.[/quote]

Sounds promising,[i] [b]seems like finishers automatically end the match though?[/b][/i]
Sorry if this is a repost, but had some info in it I hadn't seen so I thought I'd share.
[/quote]

Crap...

Pretty sure I'm right based on what I have read and seen in videos. Just watch the Triple H/John Cena full match video from a few weeks ago--Triple H hits the Pedigree when Cena's life is in the black and it triggers a a KO and auto-pin cut scene. Also: See every match on the Facebook app that ends this way.

In some of the finisher videos on wweallstars.com however, you can see that the finish doesn't result in an auto KO--the match continues on as the video fades out. It all depends on how much of the character's life bar remains.

I don't think the KO can be turned off though.

[quote name='TheAlex' timestamp='1299108427' post='7943515']
Yeah, but the Facebook app videos are just bits and pieces pasted together and we don't see the health bar or any of that shit.
[/quote]

Yeah, but even so you can see the wrestlers go into an auto celebration animation immediately after hitting their finisher in the app, meaning they won by KO. It's the same winning animation from TNA Impact, in fact.

Watch Randy Orton's finisher from the official site and you'll see he's moving around after he hits the RKO, so clearly the match is continuing: http://www.wweallstars.com/roster/randy-orton

[quote name='BigBadBob' timestamp='1299114849' post='7943697']
Knowing that the controls are this basic, there is definitely no need to get one of those arcade sticks from Mad Katz. I am also hoping that instant KO can be turned off.
[/quote]

"[color="#414141"][font="Arial, Geneva, sans-serif"] Y is assigned to your strong strike, X is for a quick strike, B is a strong grapple and A is for a quick grapple. [b]Combos can be performed and a different move will happen depending on which direction the joystick is pushed with the button presses[/b]."

The controls are almost exact to games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV yet people buy sticks for those...[/font][/color]

I could be wrong, as I obviously haven't played the game, but I get the impression the controls--at least when it comes to grappling--are pretty similar to the AKI games. Strong or light grapple to initiate, and then a direction and another button press to do the moves.

I don't think there will be complicated button patterns to memorize like Street Fighter (or War Zone/Attitude, for that matter) so in that sense, it makes the whole arcade pad a bit of an overkill.

Just my interpretation based on the gameplay I've seen. :ike:

[quote name='theclosetfan' timestamp='1299120630' post='7943819']
I could be wrong, as I obviously haven't played the game, but I get the impression the controls--at least when it comes to grappling--are pretty similar to the AKI games. Strong or light grapple to initiate, and then a direction and another button press to do the moves.

I don't think there will be complicated button patterns to memorize like Street Fighter (or War Zone/Attitude, for that matter) so in that sense, it makes the whole arcade pad a bit of an overkill.

Just my interpretation based on the gameplay I've seen. :ike:
[/quote]

I think the controller has like, pull back to make a punch charge or something, and possible up+down+left+right for different moves.

looks like the control scheme is the same layout as it was in Legends of Wrestlemania(4 face buttons is all you use).. even how you perform the finishers is the same as in LoWM. I'll say it once, & i'll say it again.. I bet the gameplay will be exactly like LoWM(with the over the top moves as the exception).. & if this game turns out to play like LoWM, I wonder how many ppl here will crap on this game, like most did LoWM, after it's release...

[quote name='american dream' timestamp='1299123532' post='7943863']
looks like the control scheme is the same layout as it was in Legends of Wrestlemania(4 face buttons is all you use).. even how you perform the finishers is the same as in LoWM. I'll say it once, & i'll say it again.. I bet the gameplay will be exactly like LoWM(with the over the top moves as the exception).. & if this game turns out to play like LoWM, I wonder how many ppl here will crap on this game, like most did LoWM, after it's release...
[/quote]

Have you watched any gameplay videos? All-Stars doesn't look anything like Legends of Wrestlemania. And the controls consist of more than just the face buttons. There's a reversal button for strikes and another for grapples, for instance.

and theclosetfan.. I didn't say All-Stars LOOKS like LoWM, I said, If it plays like LoWM(with the exception of the over the top moves in All-Stars), I wonder if ppl will be turned off of All-Stars, like most were with LoWM..

and yes, I've seen some gameplay videos, & the biggest difference in All-Stars, that LoWM didn't have, is the Tekken/MK like combos(knocking them in the air).. & the 20 ft. high Rock Bottom, F-U/AA, etc..

[quote name='TheAlex' timestamp='1299115154' post='7943704']
[quote name='BigBadBob' timestamp='1299114849' post='7943697']
Knowing that the controls are this basic, there is definitely no need to get one of those arcade sticks from Mad Katz. I am also hoping that instant KO can be turned off.
[/quote]

"[color="#414141"][font="Arial, Geneva, sans-serif"] Y is assigned to your strong strike, X is for a quick strike, B is a strong grapple and A is for a quick grapple. [b]Combos can be performed and a different move will happen depending on which direction the joystick is pushed with the button presses[/b]."

The controls are almost exact to games like Marvel vs Capcom 3 and Street Fighter IV yet people buy sticks for those...[/font][/color]
[/quote]

Yeah Street Fighter is a 6 button layout. MvC 3's crap stank crap is actually 3, for the new guys. Turned me off of the game.

This game is a fighting game in a 3D space. Ever played Ehrgeiz, think that or even the old Wrestlemania: The Arcade game. I'm not expecting too much depth from this title. I honestly don't know what any of you expected it to be.

Archived