Anyone else let down with some of the finishers?

Raddad88

Watching videos of all the finishers I'm a little let down with a few of them. I mean it doesn't seem to make alot of sense. When Cena does the AA or HHH the pedigree they jump to the moon, I actually dig this. What I don't dig is comparing it to flying finishers.

Using the same logic wouldn't the flying moves go that much higher? Seems like the scale is just off on all accounts. Also, why did they make the frog splash into a 450? Why is the snuka splash the same height as the 5 star in svr 2011? Wouldn't both moves just be gigantic frog splashes?

Some of the additions are awesome and add to the overall feel of the game. Some of the moves just seem to be flips and twists added in for absolutely no reason.

Anyone else share this thought?

Just seems like silly oversights, hope it's not a sign of things to come.

Sorry I'll be the first to admit I'm being negative on this game, simply because I can't be let down if I'm expecting the worse. I really am excited for this.

I absolutely love the RKO in this game, the way he jumps into it is seamless and better then any past game. Chockeslam is for sure better then the SVR version honestly, and I'll agree that powerbomb kane does is pretty badass, pretty sure that's the batista bomb on this game.

I expected sweet chin music to be WAY over the top, and it's pretty modest compared to alot of the moves, pretty stoked on that also.

The finishers that bother me are the incomplete ones.Like Hulk Hogan why can't they just let him run off the ropes and then hit the leg drop,The Ultimate Warrior's is just half is finisher he also doesn't run off the ropes and give the Warrior splash and pin.They got it right in Legends Of Wrestlemania so why not here.I would also have liked to have seen Jimmy Snuka,Eddie Guerrero and Randy Savage leap higher off the ropes for more of an impact but I am fine with how they turned out.I know this is an arcade style and we shouldn't expect the finishers to be the same as SVR but if THQ tells us we can only put 30 guys in the game because we give them each their signature and finisher moves you expect them to at least be their signature and finisher moves.

[quote name='Sam8madness' timestamp='1298838586' post='7938575']
[...] why did they make the frog splash into a 450? [...]
[/quote]

Ricky's Diving Cross Body is in All-Stars a 450° Shoulder Block.

Can't say those Moves annoy me. I created Eddie's All-Stars "Frog Splash" for SVR 2011, it looks pretty cool, IMO.

Stone Cold's Stunner could have been a lot better. For starters, it doesn't have the kick that usually proceeds the Stunner. Secondly, it just looks kind of...lame. There's been a few times when Austin has given the Stunner to people like Rock and Vince, and they exaggerated it by flopping around the ring and it looked so ridiculous. I was kind of expecting that to happen in Allstars, but I guess not.

Not disappointed but I know what you mean. As for the 450 frog splash, just made making AJ Styles that much easier. Overall though not to bummed over anything, I'm just hoping the caw limit is higher than 10. Which I think it is becausethe video on that doesn't prove a thing.

I think what they should do with Jericho is make it into a monkey flip after the knees connect but have the opponent airborne doing like 2 flips before they hit the ground.

I wouldnt say I am disappointed, it is what it is. There are a few I wouldve done differently though. For the stunner, I wouldve just modeled it after No Mercy's/Wrestlemaine 2000's(which IMO were the best stunners of any wrestling game) but of coarse with a much higher jump and slight twist or whatever. It kind of bugs me that he grabs the head then jumps. I always loved how he sorta jumped into grabbing the head. Eddie's frog splash, I agree with most and say just make him jump into the lights and come crashing down. Also, I think Edge's and Jake Roberts DDTs should have been switched. Jakes DDT looks just like the Edgecution while the DDT Edge uses has more of a snap to it, like Jake would do. Other than that, I am loving the rest.

[quote name='ecw6sic6' timestamp='1299626645' post='7952540']Also, I think Edge's and Jake Roberts DDTs should have been switched. Jakes DDT looks just like the Edgecution while the DDT Edge uses has more of a snap to it, like Jake would do.[/quote]

I thought the same thing, I hope we're able to change it because I hate Jake having the Edgecution. I'm not big on the diving finishers either. Savage's elbow doesn't resemble his elbow at all, I wouldn't mind if they put a spin in it as long as it still looked like Savage's elbow at the end but it looks nothing like it. Also Eddie's frogsplash should have just had a twist at it's peak rather than a full spin because it changes the move too much and Steamboat's is just bizarre, a really high crossbody would have been better. I really like a lot of them though, the RKO, Kofi's Trouble in Paradise and SOS, Edge's spear, Piper's sleeper and Punk's GTS spring to mind.

[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1298869886' post='7939302']
[quote name='.!.Mr_Amazing.!.' timestamp='1298840633' post='7938630']
urm not really dissapointed !! if its that much of a deal dont use eddie when or if your buy the game . . . problem solved :)
[/quote]

there's always one dick
[/quote]

there's always one prick that replys to a post that states a fact . . people that moan about what they dnt like its simple dnt buy it or just lump it and move on and buy it :)

Archived