Does dlc bother anyone?

marinofan

I have been thinking that all those dlc characters could have been put in the game. It really bugs me that they kept those wrestlers just to make an extra buck. I feel I am going to pay full price for an unfinished product. I understand with guys like Diesel and etc that are new but Road Warriors and the Rhodes c'mon. Those guys should have been included in the game. This really has bothered me since I am really looking foward to the game. I think dlc is being abused.

[quote name='marinofan' timestamp='1298137542' post='7924341']
I have been thinking that all those dlc characters could have been put in the game. It really bugs me that they kept those wrestlers just to make an extra buck. I feel I am going to pay full price for an unfinished product. I understand with guys like Diesel and etc that are new but Road Warriors and the Rhodes c'mon. Those guys should have been included in the game. This really has bothered me since I am really looking foward to the game. I think dlc is being abused.
[/quote]

Yes, with some guys like Cody Rhodes... But when they can reach a deal with a legend after a certain date it's either put him in a s DLC or not have him at all.

I never, EVER buy DLC for any game.

The first time I did was SVR2011 just because I wanted the Nitro arena, since I'm such a huge nWo mark.

If I do get this game, I'll get the DLC, because I'm also a huge mark for 80's/early 90's wrestling, so I'd want DiBiase, Rhodes, LOD, and any other legends they have as DLC. But I'm thinking I'll just wait until this game is cheap, and then, even with purchasing all the DLC, it'll still cost less than the $60 it would cost if I bought the game new when it comes out.

My only consern is DiBiase.. since he's a pre-order exclusive. As long as he'll be availible at a latter date, along with the other DLC, then I have no real reason to buy the game right when it comes out.

[quote name='CharlesShane' timestamp='1298138029' post='7924356']
[/quote]

Yes, with some guys like Cody Rhodes... But when they can reach a deal with a legend after a certain date it's either put him in a s DLC or not have him at all.
[/quote]

usually this isnt even the case. thq has said many times they plan the DLC at the same time they do the rest of the game. the legends are signed, the models are done. It then basically becomes them just taking a bunch of guys, like they usually do, and say "ok we'll we will make these 10-12 DLC and charge X amount of money for. who are people most likely to buy LOD or Jimmy Snuka and Sgt. Slaughter? Or we can do a pack and if you want wrestler A you also have to get wrestlers B and C."

like I said in another post an article I read last summer that was linked on gamefaqs stated it best "DLC for the most part on ps3 and 360 are just added parts of the game that had this been 10 years ago and we were still on xbox or ps2 would have been available from the beginning without having to pay extra for. They are held back and released for money to keep games popular and talked about after release."

[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1298147831' post='7924591']
[/quote]

[/quote]

usually this isnt even the case. thq has said many times they plan the DLC at the same time they do the rest of the game. the legends are signed, the models are done. It then basically becomes them just taking a bunch of guys, like they usually do, and say "ok we'll we will make these 10-12 DLC and charge X amount of money for. who are people most likely to buy LOD or Jimmy Snuka and Sgt. Slaughter? Or we can do a pack and if you want wrestler A you also have to get wrestlers B and C."

like I said in another post an article I read last summer that was linked on gamefaqs stated it best "DLC for the most part on ps3 and 360 are just added parts of the game that had this been 10 years ago and we were still on xbox or ps2 would have been available from the beginning without having to pay extra for. They are held back and released for money to keep games popular and talked about after release."
[/quote]

Not always the case. Take the 3 NXT finalist for example they were not done during development and the same has happened with other superstars as well.

[quote name='CharlesShane' timestamp='1298149883' post='7924629']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not always the case. Take the 3 NXT finalist for example they were not done during development and the same has happened with other superstars as well.
[/quote]

jonathan durr had said they had already been planned. the only change was they put gabriel in where bryan would have been. and as active wrestlers they didnt have to go out and sign them. he said that all the wrestlers and dlc in game is part of the process (obviously) and everything gets planned out during development. I dont think thq is going to go sign a legend now and try to add him to all stars.

[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1298150334' post='7924638']
[quote name='CharlesShane' timestamp='1298149883' post='7924629']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

jonathan durr had said they had already been planned. the only change was they put gabriel in where bryan would have been. and as active wrestlers they didnt have to go out and sign them. he said that all the wrestlers and dlc in game is part of the process (obviously) and everything gets planned out during development. I dont think thq is going to go sign a legend now and try to add him to all stars.
[/quote]
First off Charles if we see Diesel or Booker T in as DLC then your point will have some valor.But we are probably not going to get those guys as DLC and everyone we do get has been made and are done right now.So there is no reason not to put them in the game except for THQ to make more money.I have no problem paying more money for DLC when it is added later than the game's release but the DiBiases and Rhodes were all signed and been in the WWE for over a year at least and were both at E3 promoting the game,The Road Warriors must have a deal with THQ because they have been in multiple games.So you know they are already done as well.As far as the 3 Nexus guys in SVR 2011 go if they were put in later as you say then why do they come to the ring without their Nexus shirts,considering they never came to the ring without their shirts on seems like a glaring omission for company who watch wrestling to make.Charles you must know or maybe someone from THQ will, with the DiBiases and Rhodes being as DLCS does that mean they are not apart of Fantasy Warfare with video clips and the same with everyone else that is DLC.Because then I would definitely mine that they are DLCS for no reason,and if everyone that is as DLC can't be used in fantasy warfare mode and has no video footage of them in the game then they could just give us extra Legends as DLC and not an even number of Superstars and Legends.

I'm alright with the practice, regardless of when it may have been completed....if the price is right, that is. Spending a few bucks here and there to get a little extra life out of a game you have lying around (that may be collecting dust) isn't a bad thing, especially if it's a game ya dig. And to be honest, I wish there was a wrestling game out there that had a business model of something like Little Big Planet that constantly made new content available for purchase via nickel and diming characters, arenas, moves, CAW items, etc. or lived on for years via DLC or disc based expansion packs.....that could be a loop hole in the you can't get everyone on one roster because it's too expensive mantra.

I'm not a fan of figure collecting these days (whole 'nother topic), but I still get that sort of thrill when I'm downloading CAWs on Community Creations, and could see that interest translating over to digital versions if WWE Superstars and Legends were released in waves, similar to action figures on PSN or XBL. Hell, THQ could even partner with Mattel and have certain figures also come with a download code for that particular person.

It's really an untapped market at the moment in terms of just how far you could take things.

With that said though, I still like the idea of discount packages, like SvR11's Fan Axxess, and I hope something similar is offered in All Stars, because I'm probably gonna end up buying [i]everything[/i].

However, if I hadn't reserved the game at Game Stop, I'd probably be wishing Ted Sr. and Dusty were a pair, and their sons another. I couldn't care less about Cody and Jr., and probably won't use them.

It all comes down to time. They sign these people knowing with all the other stuff to develop for the game they will not be able to have them finished by the time the game goes gold. Hence they are DLC. Yes, they know who they are putting in as DLC but, the DLC is not finished until after the game has already shipped.

[quote name='CharlesShane' timestamp='1298161046' post='7924881']
It all comes down to time. They sign these people knowing with all the other stuff to develop for the game they will not be able to have them finished by the time the game goes gold. Hence they are DLC. Yes, they know who they are putting in as DLC but, the DLC is not finished until after the game has already shipped.
[/quote]
So you are telling us that 9 months ago when Dusty Rhodes is at E3 and says He and Cody are in the game.Making them the only 2 other guys besides The Rock and John Cena that we knew were in the game. I want to get this part right,you are saying that Dusty and Cody's character models are still not done and thus they are DLC.That can't be right I would understand if they signed someone a couple of months ago but don't tell us that Dusty and Cody's models aren't already done.If that was the case then Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage would be DLC's too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2TBO31hOc

[quote name='HabsFan' timestamp='1298167346' post='7924993']
[/quote]
So you are telling us that 9 months ago whe Dusty Rhodes is at E3 and says He and Cody are in the game.Making them the only 2 other guys besides The Rock and John Cena that we knew were in the game. I want to get this part right,you are saying that Dusty and Cody's character models are still not done and thus they are DLC.That can't be right I would understand if they signed someone a couple of months ago but don't tell us that Dusty and Cody's models aren't already done.If that was the case then Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage would be DLC's too. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2TBO31hOc[/media]
[/quote]

They probably left Cody for DLC because he had a [b]Finished[/b] Legacy model, and then people complained about not being Dashing in SvR, so they're like, oh shit, let's make him Dashing! and they didn't want to leave Dusty in without his son. Or they just don't want them in the main game for some reason. (I hope that's the case...)

[quote name='TheAlex' timestamp='1298167527' post='7924999']
[/quote]
So you are telling us that 9 months ago whe Dusty Rhodes is at E3 and says He and Cody are in the game.Making them the only 2 other guys besides The Rock and John Cena that we knew were in the game. I want to get this part right,you are saying that Dusty and Cody's character models are still not done and thus they are DLC.That can't be right I would understand if they signed someone a couple of months ago but don't tell us that Dusty and Cody's models aren't already done.If that was the case then Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage would be DLC's too. [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd2TBO31hOc[/media]
[/quote]

They probably left Cody for DLC because he had a [b]Finished[/b] Legacy model, and then people complained about not being Dashing in SvR, so they're like, oh shit, let's make him Dashing! and they didn't want to leave Dusty in without his son. Or they just don't want them in the main game for some reason. (I hope that's the case...)
[/quote]
If that's the case with Cody then I could understand,but when we get them as DLC there is a good chance that Cody is going to be the same he was 9 months ago when they first made him.

[quote name='HabsFan' timestamp='1298167861' post='7925007']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
If that's the case with Cody then I could understand,but when we get them as DLC there is a good chance that Cody is going to be the same he was 9 months ago when they first made him.
[/quote]

Just be happy we're getting DLC... (and Cody for that matter...)

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

ok going to blow a hole in this theory but if this is true and they couldnt possible complete the model for dashing cody rhodes in 9 months (umm ok?) then how did they turn cena from orange wearing cena in to purple cena so quickly? should purple cena be dlc then for all stars?

[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1298170041' post='7925054']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

ok going to blow a hole in this theory but if this is true and they couldnt possible complete the model for dashing cody rhodes in 9 months (umm ok?) then how did they turn cena from orange wearing cena in to purple cena so quickly? should purple cena be dlc then for all stars?
[/quote]

Because all they needed to do to change Cena is open up the textures in a program and press a button like recolor, where making Dashing Cody Rhodes would be different because he'd need a jacket...etc.

Sal said in an interview back in January that there was a lot of guys they wanted to put in the game that didn't make the cut due to time constraints. Which means these DLC guys aren't people who could've made the game if DLC hadn't existed. It's not a case of THQ hiding these characters from us for no reason (with the exception of the DiBiases, of course, who are probably on the disc just like Austin in 2010 and Hart and Masters in 2011). You guys also have to keep in mind that its WWE who has the final say on the roster in its entirety.

We'd get them as DLC or not get them at all. Don't think I'm some kind of mindless THQ worshiper just because I'm defending them on this matter. I'd rather we get all of them on the disc instead of dealing with DLC.

And lmfao at the guy who's implying CODY RHODES should be as high a priority for THQ as [b]Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage[/b]. XDXDXD

[quote name='TheAlex' timestamp='1298172998' post='7925085']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Because all they needed to do to change Cena is open up the textures in a program and press a button like recolor, where making Dashing Cody Rhodes would be different because he'd need a jacket...etc.
[/quote]

wrong. THQ said in an interview before DLC 2 came out (specifically talking about shad's attire) that they cant just change a costume or attire they have to make an entire new character model. all stars might be different since the models look like sh*t anyways

[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1298176584' post='7925134']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

wrong. THQ said in an interview before DLC 2 came out (specifically talking about shad's attire) that they cant just change a costume or attire they have to make an entire new character model. all stars might be different since the models look like sh*t anyways
[/quote]

Shad's attire is totally different, he had pants before and they were all there and they couldn't just replace the pants with textures for shorts...when Cena's attire is the EXACT same just different color so they could easily just change a costume/attire quickly.

[quote name='burb' timestamp='1298173217' post='7925088']
Sal said in an interview back in January that there was a lot of guys they wanted to put in the game that didn't make the cut due to time constraints. Which means these DLC guys aren't people who could've made the game if DLC hadn't existed. It's not a case of THQ hiding these characters from us for no reason (with the exception of the DiBiases, of course, who are probably on the disc just like Austin in 2010 and Hart and Masters in 2011). You guys also have to keep in mind that its WWE who has the final say on the roster in its entirety.

We'd get them as DLC or not get them at all. Don't think I'm some kind of mindless THQ worshiper just because I'm defending them on this matter. I'd rather we get all of them on the disc instead of dealing with DLC.

And lmfao at the guy who's implying CODY RHODES should be as high a priority for THQ as [b]Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage[/b]. XDXDXD
[/quote]
If you are talking about me I never said that so good job reading.I said Cody Rhodes was at E3 9 months ago promoting and saying he is in the game.I never said Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage are anywhere compared to Cody Rhodes, just that they were not the ones promoting the game back then.I don't really care if Cody Rhodes is even in the game. This game for me is all about the Legends.If THQ doesn't want to put Cody in fine with me.Just don't tell me he and Dusty are DLC's because of contract or time constraints problems, Just say we want to make more money off you guys and this is how we are going to do that.If DLC never existed does anyone really think any of the guys we know that are going to be DLC's wouldn't be in the game. I really hope all of you came up with a quick yes all 6 would be in the game.So when it comes to the first 6 guys for DLC contracts and time constraints have nothing to do with it.It is just about the money. Hopefully after we find out about the next DLC announcement we will see differently.(Diesel,Razor Ramon,Booker T,The Demolition,Vader,Yokozuna)It would be nice to see at least a few of these guys in if we can't have all of them.Then I would definitely believe THQ when they say contracts and time constraints.

[quote name='TheAlex' timestamp='1298177408' post='7925148']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Shad's attire is totally different, he had pants before and they were all there and they couldn't just replace the pants with textures for shorts...when Cena's attire is the EXACT same just different color so they could easily just change a costume/attire quickly.
[/quote]

my bad I wasnt clear. they werent talking about shad in particular they were discussing that DLC pack when they were asked the question (smackdownvsraw.com) and they said for [u]each character[/u] different attires require a completely new model with today's (ps3, 360) technology.

they had also said the mix was expected to have his suit/vest alternate attire as civilian clothes but they "ran out of time." if they ran out of time why not make it DLC? unless it was because all their DLC had already been completed.

[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1298183970' post='7925228']
[quote name='TheAlex' timestamp='1298177408' post='7925148']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

my bad I wasnt clear. they werent talking about shad in particular they were discussing that DLC pack when they were asked the question (smackdownvsraw.com) and they said for [u]each character[/u] different attires require a completely new model with today's (ps3, 360) technology.

they had also said the [u]mix was expected to have his suit/vest alternate attire as civilian clothes but they "ran out of time."[/u] if they ran out of time why not make it DLC? unless it was because all their DLC had already been completed.
[/quote]

I assume you meant Miz, but yes I remember that Q+A. Jonathan Durr said each new attire means a new model in itself. He said the plan was for 95% of the roster to have some sort of alternate attire, but they ran out of time on production. When some one asked about Shad's new attire on ps2 he did say something along the lines of no they decided to add it to a downloadable pack. that to me says that it could have been added on ps2 and wii but they made a conscious decision to make it downloadable. I dont mind the dlc myself because I like surprises. I actually wish they wouldnt announce months in advance which wrestlers would be included.

Archived