A concern I'm surprised not many other people have had...

burb

This game looks awesome and the roster is great, but I've been worried about the number of CAW slots. This game uses the TNA Impact engine and was made by the same team...and for those of you who don't remember, or flat out didn't know, the Impact game only had about 4 CAW slots.

[quote]OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS GAME ONLY HAS 4 CAW SLOTS! *censored* THQ IM NEVA BUYING ANUDDA ONE OF DERE GAMES AGAAAAAIN! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

(buys All-Stars on release date) [/quote]

:poke:

I share this concern along with the number of other moves that will be in the game. Though the way you acted in that thread kinda makes you look like a hypocrite now voicing your own concerns.
You'd expect a lot of caw slots and a ton of moves for people who aren't in the game... but who knows. I don't think we will get a lot of moves in the game for 'other' people just because of how over the top they all are... they would have to re animate tons of stuff on the off chance we wanted to use them... and as that's the case they'll also probably not give us tons of caw slots as what's the point when you cant really give them the right moves etc.

[quote name='KRadiation' timestamp='1298108028' post='7923940']
[quote]OH NOOOOOOOOOOO! THIS GAME ONLY HAS 4 CAW SLOTS! *censored* THQ IM NEVA BUYING ANUDDA ONE OF DERE GAMES AGAAAAAIN! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I share this concern along with the number of other moves that will be in the game. Though the way you acted in that thread kinda makes you look like a hypocrite now voicing your own concerns.
[/quote]

There's a pretty big difference between what I'm doing and what you're doing. I'd say having 4 CAW slots is far worse than something barely noticeable like Bret Hart using the wrong leg for the sharpshooter. Not to mention I'm not the one typing up several essay-length rants on the subject and calling THQ staff members "morons". :nono:

I wasn't mocking you for having concerns. I was mocking you for the ridiculous and immature way you decided to voice them.

Why they don't do the Showdown - Legends of Wrestling type of thing, where you could make as many CAWs as you could fit on your harddrive (or memory card, back then) I can't figure out.

50 would be ideal, but they'd need to give us at least 30. If it's 4, that'll seriously stop me from buying the game. Every wrestling game since WWF Warzone back in 1997 or 1998, me and four of my friends have made ourselves as CAWs, and we still get together and make ourselves in these games.. so we need a MINIMUM of five slots. Plus, there are always TONS of wrestlers who I'd want to make in the game. So yeah, 4 slots.. or even less than 30 slots.. would seriously make me re-consider getting this game.

And of course, it depends on how good the CAW mode is to begin with. I'm not expecting anything as detailed as the SvR series.. but I need to be able to create recognizable wrestlers from the past, or they'd need to realease about 30 more wrestlers as DLC.

[quote name='burb' timestamp='1298129374' post='7924166']
There's a pretty big difference between what I'm doing and what you're doing. I'd say having 4 CAW slots is far worse than something barely noticeable like Bret Hart using the wrong leg for the sharpshooter. Not to mention I'm not the one typing up several essay-length rants on the subject and calling THQ staff members "morons". :nono:

I wasn't mocking you for having concerns. I was mocking you for the ridiculous and immature way you decided to voice them.
[/quote]

Ahh so you were mocking me in a childish manner because you felt I was being childish... right that makes perfect sense now. :fedup:

I don't recall calling THQ staff morons. I called the Midway team responsible for TNA Impact morons for choosing to have Nash in a polo shirt and Sting in a lesser known wrestling attire over both those people's more well known wrestling gear. It's an incredible stupid decision to make... therefore moron is an accurate description. Can you think of a better term for someone who makes complete stupid decisions rather than sane sensible ones?

I also only explained myself further on the moves because someone asked for a further explanation. It was hardly an essay. If you'd bothered to read the rest of what I said in that thread instead of being intimidated by a small block of text. You'd have seen that my problem was not 'waaa right leg sharpshooter.. I'm upset'. But that I just wondered why some of the legend finishers look iffy and in some cases it's hard to see what's going on or what move wqas supposed to have been beefed up. But yet all the current wrestlers finishers looking great and retain more than enough of the original move to make them unmistakable. I only went on to point out the flaws like the wrong legs on a move when someone claimed that every legends move was 'accurate' which of course... it is not. Try reading properly next time instead of mocking.

So my point again was not 'waa wrong leg' that you mocked. But that a lot of the legends have poorly animated moves that just don't look right at all. Eddie doing a 450 doesn't feel right, even with a hint of the frog splash in there... it's still more 450 than frog splash. With the iconic finishers for certain legends looking off I feel it won't be as fun as if they had been made closer to the actual moves.

Some people value moves and movesets of higher importance than caw slots or entrances or correct theme tunes etc. Different folks like different strokes.

More than 4 caw slots would be more fun than only 4. A perfectly acceptable point... but you'll find people on here who couldnt care less for caw slots and will gladly tell you that they'd be happy is there were NO caw slots at all. That doesn't make their opinions fact or greater than yours.
Just like it gives you no right to think that because you have a concern about caw slots, that anyone raising concerns about movesets and animations has no right to voice that opinion as there are bigger problems in your eyes.

If there are alot of caw slots great, if there are 4 or none it doesn't bother me. It all comes down to this everyone would you rather have guys like The Demolition ,Diesel and Razor Ramon in the game or would who rather create them as caws. I would rather they gave us more characters in games and less caw slots.I am sure many of you would rather it be the the other way.

[quote name='KRadiation' timestamp='1298144939' post='7924525']

[/quote]

Ahh so you were mocking me in a childish manner because you felt I was being childish... right that makes perfect sense now. :fedup:

I don't recall calling THQ staff morons. I called the Midway team responsible for TNA Impact morons for choosing to have Nash in a polo shirt and Sting in a lesser known wrestling attire over both those people's more well known wrestling gear. It's an incredible stupid decision to make... therefore moron is an accurate description. Can you think of a better term for someone who makes complete stupid decisions rather than sane sensible ones?

I also only explained myself further on the moves because someone asked for a further explanation. It was hardly an essay. If you'd bothered to read the rest of what I said in that thread instead of being intimidated by a small block of text. You'd have seen that my problem was not 'waaa right leg sharpshooter.. I'm upset'. But that I just wondered why some of the legend finishers look iffy and in some cases it's hard to see what's going on or what move wqas supposed to have been beefed up. But yet all the current wrestlers finishers looking great and retain more than enough of the original move to make them unmistakable. I only went on to point out the flaws like the wrong legs on a move when someone claimed that every legends move was 'accurate' which of course... it is not. Try reading properly next time instead of mocking.

So my point again was not 'waa wrong leg' that you mocked. But that a lot of the legends have poorly animated moves that just don't look right at all. Eddie doing a 450 doesn't feel right, even with a hint of the frog splash in there... it's still more 450 than frog splash. With the iconic finishers for certain legends looking off I feel it won't be as fun as if they had been made closer to the actual moves.

Some people value moves and movesets of higher importance than caw slots or entrances or correct theme tunes etc. Different folks like different strokes.

More than 4 caw slots would be more fun than only 4. A perfectly acceptable point... but you'll find people on here who couldnt care less for caw slots and will gladly tell you that they'd be happy is there were NO caw slots at all. That doesn't make their opinions fact or greater than yours.
Just like it gives you no right to think that because you have a concern about caw slots, that anyone raising concerns about movesets and animations has no right to voice that opinion as there are bigger problems in your eyes.
[/quote]

tl;dr

See what I mean? You get so worked up over this crap and write long whiny rants.

And you continue to be a hypocrite throwing out childish insults.
I'm just explaining myself in full. Its better than typing 3 lines and leaving infomation out and then having to explain yourself further later.
There's no need to be so intimidated by me and my long posts. You dont like it, use your free will to ignore it. Or maybe try countering my actual points or discussing things you agree with than trying to win a virtual fight wirh sillyness and ignoring everything I say to type nonesense like tldr.

[quote name='burb' timestamp='1298087879' post='7923767']
This game looks awesome and the roster is great, but I've been worried about the number of CAW slots. This game uses the TNA Impact engine and was made by the same team...and for those of you who don't remember, or flat out didn't know, the Impact game only had about 4 CAW slots.
[/quote]

tl;dr

[quote name='KRadiation' timestamp='1298108028' post='7923940']

[/quote]

There's a pretty big difference between what I'm doing and what you're doing. I'd say having 4 CAW slots is far worse than [u][b][size="4"]something barely noticeable like Bret Hart using the wrong leg for the sharpshooter.[/size][/b][/u] Not to mention I'm not the one typing up several essay-length rants on the subject and calling THQ staff members "morons". :nono:

[/quote]

http://caws.ws/forum/topic/397110-itll-never-be-right-xd/ I take offence to that comment. :hqhq:

[quote name='Shiftygism' timestamp='1298349964' post='7929641']
Those president CAWS they showed on RAW didn't look half bad.
[/quote]

Bu they looked to have the same proportions as caws from SVR. If you can't make caws that look like the actual wrestlers in the game (as far as dimension are concerned) I don't see the point of a caw mode... and I have yet to see nothing to show me that I can create hulked out caws. Just regular ones that just don't fit the look.

[quote name='2thejuice' timestamp='1298386056' post='7930034']and I have yet to see nothing to show me that I can create hulked out caws. Just regular ones that just don't fit the look.
[/quote]

Surely this is a CAW...

[img]http://i54.tinypic.com/14b7mv.jpg[/img]

I wonder if they will let us adjust the body size at all? If so somebody will probably remake the entire roster. (Or at-least the Superstars they like) with their proper body size.

Archived