The Official Rugby Union Thread

Orchio

That really was shite defence by Wales.

England have three games at home after this one, so winning the opener at Wales is a big result considering. Wales were really, really poor imo, surprised they managed to finish as close to England as they did, struggling to think how they got 19 points :s .

As much as I hate to say it, I reckon France will do their whole "Suck for three years and peak on World Cup year" routine and win the Six Nations. At least later on this year, we face them in the pools and not get knocked out by them when it *censored*ing matters like last time. I hope I'm wrong, though.

:offtopic: And is it just me, or are Six Nations games boring as hell compared to Tri Nations games? They seem like a whole lot more kicking and a whole lot less running.

• 2 weeks later...
This has been a real good game, the error the French bloke made at the start of the half that gifted England the territory right in front of the try line was hilarious.

And Johnny has become the all time leading international point scorer with his penalty today, quite a feat.

• 3 weeks later...
If we play like that in the World Cup, we should do well. Maybe semis.

Anyway, I think this should be changed to the "Official Rugby Union Topic" instead of having to start one up again in a couple of months when the World Cup is on. Plus there'll be somewhere to discuss the Leagues and Cups.

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='StraightEdge V1' timestamp='1302681235' post='8008883']
Anyone here watching SuperRugby? My beloved Hurricanes have been absolutely dreadful this year and if you can find a team that can stop the Crusaders from taking it all out this year, I'd like to see it.
[/quote]
The Crusaders are doing great, and are playing as the best team in the league. I mean, when you can keep the defending champions in the Bulls scoreless, and not have Ritchie McCaw OR Dan Carter and get the win, you know you're doing something right. Sure, the Blues managed to get the win in week 1, and they had to draw in week 2 due to the quake, but other than that, they've won every game so far. Though it just sucks that we Canterburians can't see any game live due to AMI Stadium being structually unsound.

• 4 weeks later...
In the Super 15 (for those that don't know, that's the competition between teams from NZ, Australia and South Africa), the Blues are currently in first (born in Auckland, but I don't like them), followed by the Reds, and the Stormers. The Crusaders are currently in 4th, having 8 wins, 2 losses and one draw. The worst team so far, is the Lions (a South African team), who currently have only 1 win (that's one more than their past seasons). In fact, even the expansion team, the Melbourne Rebels have 2 more wins than them.

Archived