dibiase's will be DLC....not a code

nystyle

dont know how many noticed this but I saw on other boards the belief was the dibiase's might be a code as gamestop had the dibiase pre order bonus advertised on the ps2 and wii wwe all stars pages on gamestop.com which would mean they were in game codes and not add on content.

gamestop.com was updated today and the dibiase's as a bonus has been removed from the ps2 and wii game pages.

This means they will probably follow the same method as austin and bret hart and be DLC and NOT regular game codes.

just wanted to end the rumor's now before they get heated up as they did with austin in 2010, and bret hart in 2011.

[b]they have also changed how this works. in store pickup used to have a code packaged inside the game. now it says if you get it in store the code will be printed on your receipt. guess that means in store now you HAVE to pre order it. I hate these exclusives![/b]

[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1296342737' post='7883342']
dont know how many noticed this but I saw on other boards the belief was the dibiase's might be a code as gamestop had the dibiase pre order bonus advertised on the ps2 and wii wwe all stars pages on gamestop.com which would mean they were in game codes and not add on content.

gamestop.com was updated today and the dibiase's as a bonus has been removed from the ps2 and wii game pages.

This means they will probably follow the same method as austin and rbet hart and be DLC and NOT regular game codes.

just wanted to end the rumor's now before they get heated up as they did with austin in 2010, and bret hart in 2011.

[b]they have also changed how this works. in store pickup used to have a code packaged inside the game. now it says if you get it in store the code will be printed on your receipt. guess that means in store now you HAVE to pre order it. I hate these exclusives![/b]
[/quote]

thanks for telling us. I pre ordered the wii version, but now that it wont get the dibiase's looks as if I will be changing that.

I don't like the preorder exclusives either. I get an employee discount at walmart because of my sister and when they do get preorder exclusives it is never anything that is a true "exclusive" and it is never extra wrestlers. I know I can get them later as DLC but ill be honest I am a person that when I get the game if there is something (bonus) to get more characters now rather than 3 months down the road I'd rather have it now.

[quote name='Ernez' timestamp='1296350057' post='7883573']
My gamestop has been doing this for awhile. (the receipt thing) and sometimes if you buy the game (without preordering) it'll be on the receipt as well. Same as the code in the box.
[/quote]

Yeah I bought Transformers: War For Cybertron 3 months after release and I still got a Shockwave code on my receipt.

[quote name='MrB' timestamp='1296353630' post='7883662']
Sucks because i didnt actually plan on preordering this game. I might just hold out and hope he becomes avaliable later on like all preoder exclusives so far.
[/quote]

i dont doubt they will be dlc

Sucks because i didnt actually plan on preordering this game. I might just hold out and hope he becomes avaliable later on like all preoder exclusives so far.
[/quote]

the gamestop closest to me arent that cool. if you dont preorder they 1. dont give you a game with a code enclosed and 2. I have never gotten a pre order code on my receipt.

I am glad some places do cater to the customer still.

[/quote]

You only have to put 5$ down at Gamestop to pre order it. It'll be there on release day. Just read the reviews here and on game sites and /OR rent it and try it. If you like it, bring the rental back to the store like 30 mins later and tell you hated it can you exchange it. Bingo. No loss of money there. Then you go pick it up later at gamestop.

Or even easier (trust me) learn how to mo your wii, there's gonna be a leaked copy for sure on the net the weekend before/of release. That's what I'm gonna do, I'll admit it. But if I like it I'll def pick my copy up at gamestop for my 360. I'm so stoked!

[quote name='J_Ritty' timestamp='1296370408' post='7884057']
[/quote]

You only have to put 5$ down at Gamestop to pre order it. It'll be there on release day. Just read the reviews here and on game sites and /OR rent it and try it. If you like it, bring the rental back to the store like 30 mins later and tell you hated it can you exchange it. Bingo. No loss of money there. Then you go pick it up later at gamestop.

Or even easier (trust me) learn how to mo your wii, there's gonna be a leaked copy for sure on the net the weekend before/of release. That's what I'm gonna do, I'll admit it. But if I like it I'll def pick my copy up at gamestop for my 360. I'm so stoked!
[/quote]

Exactly what I did. I put 5$ to reserve SvR2011, and same with All-Stars. I go to the store on release day and pay the remaining 50-55$.

I never pre-order games, especially from Gamestop. I just make sure I have my queue on Gamefly clear except for the new release I want a few days before release date. Then when it ships I can "keep it" for only $44 and change. Sure, I have to wait for Thursday to play it instead of Tuesday, but the difference in price is worth it. If it's DLC I really wanted, I'll wait a few months and pick it up for a couple of bucks, just like I did with Bret Hart, Austin, and other games. If they were truly exclusive it would be a different story, but since it is only a limited-time exclusive it's not a big deal.

If I decide to buy the game, I'll pre-order it. With only 15/16 legends, I'd want as many old school guys I can get in this game, so I'd pre-order just to get DiBiase. I just haven't fully decided yet if I'm going to buy the game or not.

I'm waiting for the the full legends roster to be released. There are so many classic WWF guys I want in this game - the Legion of Doom, Demolition, Twin Towers, Junkyard Dog, old school "surfer" Sting, etc. Or, since the Rock is in, some Monday Night Wars era guys like the Outsiders, Goldberg, "Crow" Sting, New Age Outlaws, X-Pac, etc. But the two that will be deciding factors for me are be Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect. If they're in the game, my chances of buying the game will be much higher.

I'm also waiting on more info on the CAW mode. I'm not expecting anything as deep as SvR's CAW mode, but I'd want it to be at least better than like WWF Attitude from way back in 1998. That's one other deciding factor on whether I pre-order or not. I'd want to be able to create decent versions of legends that aren't in the game.

That All-Stars action figure set that's in a different thread also says it has some "exclusive" code. I want to make sure that's not really exclusive to people who buy the action figure, and I can unlock whatever it is it unlocks through playing the game.

Those are basically my three concerns. If all is good, then I will buy the game. And again, if I decide to buy the game, I will pre-order it.

[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' timestamp='1296427722' post='7885214']
If I decide to buy the game, I'll pre-order it. With only 15/16 legends, I'd want as many old school guys I can get in this game, so I'd pre-order just to get DiBiase. I just haven't fully decided yet if I'm going to buy the game or not.

I'm waiting for the the full legends roster to be released. There are so many classic WWF guys I want in this game - the Legion of Doom, Demolition, Twin Towers, Junkyard Dog, old school "surfer" Sting, etc. Or, since the Rock is in, some Monday Night Wars era guys like the Outsiders, Goldberg, "Crow" Sting, New Age Outlaws, X-Pac, etc. But the two that will be deciding factors for me are be Rick Rude and Mr. Perfect. If they're in the game, my chances of buying the game will be much higher.

I'm also waiting on more info on the CAW mode. I'm not expecting anything as deep as SvR's CAW mode, but I'd want it to be at least better than like WWF Attitude from way back in 1998. That's one other deciding factor on whether I pre-order or not. I'd want to be able to create decent versions of legends that aren't in the game.

That All-Stars action figure set that's in a different thread also says it has some "exclusive" code. I want to make sure that's not really exclusive to people who buy the action figure, and I can unlock whatever it is it unlocks through playing the game.

Those are basically my three concerns. If all is good, then I will buy the game. And again, if I decide to buy the game, I will pre-order it.
[/quote]

my guess is the code packaged with them will be a regular cheat code but thats just a gut feeling I have.

[b]sting[/b] isnt in wwe games since he has never been employed by wwe. wwe owns footage of him from wcw but steve borden owns the gimmick, the name, the likeness so how can you have a guy that has never so much as been on wwe tv be in a wwe game? like when people were so mad sting wasnt in legends of wrestlemania. the fact that guy has never been in a wwe ring or been employed by wwe doesnt already state the obvious ahead of time?

[b]goldberg[/b] and wwe continue to not be able to come to an agreement on a wwe legends contract hence why he is not in any wwe games. thq has said that when choosing legends first the wrestler must have a wwe legends contract unless the wrestler owns the gimmick himself (such as hogan and rvd). goldberg owns the name as it is his real name but the likeness of the gimmick belonged to wcw now wwe (nodq mentioned this when reporting the stalled negotiations between wwe and goldberg last spring).

[b]demolition[/b] are still in lawsuits with wwe over who owns the gimmick. from what I have read jakks and mattel's figures of them both happened as demolition were signed in between lawsuits (they lost and are now appealing).

It will work the same as Bret Hart for SvR2011. I agree with all of you in saying I hate pre-order bonuses with wrestlers. I want everyone I can possibly get without picking the game up at a certain retailer. From a company stand point I can see where THQ is coming from. If a retailer is willing to pay.... Go for it.

Archived