Just Announce The Roster Already

HabsFan

We get all these rumors about this guy being in or that guy being in, and then you guys at THQ like Marcus tell us you guys with your rumors.Here's a thought THQ just reveal the whole roster already. There are 63 days left before the game is to be released, with a roster that is supposedly 30 men, in comparison Fight Night Champion has a roster of 54 that was all revealed on the sameday 82 days before the games release. That's almost double the roster revealed all at once. I don't know why THQ always has do this, maybe if the roster was 70 or 80 I can understand them stretching it out over several weeks but with just 30 come on, just reveal the whole roster already. You can then still give us 3 or 4 wrestler's entrances and finisher videos per week leading up to release and you would still have to reveal whatever game modes are in the game.There should still be plenty of surpises for THQ to reveal after the full roster is announced.So lets go already.

With the limited roster I think you could guess most of the roster anyways.(For the current wrestlers, atleast).

But yeah THQ marketing suck bad they always reveal stuff at the last minute.I remember on SvR 11 they revealed the last two legends a week or two before the game is release.I mean come on at that point any company would've already reveal everything.

[quote name='Past' timestamp='1295984000' post='7875727']
With the limited roster I think you could guess most of the roster anyways.(For the current wrestlers, atleast).

But yeah THQ marketing suck bad they always reveal stuff at the last minute.I remember on SvR 11 they revealed the last two legends a week or two before the game is release.I mean come on at that point any company would've already reveal everything.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say it sucks if your talking about it. That is the point... Keep people talking

[quote name='CharlesShane' timestamp='1295983185' post='7875702']
Keeps people wondering/talking and that is what any PR wants.
[/quote]
People would still be talking about the roster and saying things like I can't believe that guy is in the game or why didn't he make it in. There would still be buzz about the game. The reason they probably don't reveal the roster already is fear of the backlash since guys like you and others at THQ have said it's the best roster ever. People might be upset and say is that all there is.How is that the best roster. Either way we probably won't find out for a while and that a shame because I am excited now for the game as well as many others on this board. By not striking while the iron is hot THQ may lose alot of people's interest with alot of a sports and fighting games coming out in March. And that is not good PR.

Yeah, if anything, it's building up expectations too high. After hearing that Hogan, Savage, and Warrior are in, I'm expecting some big names like Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, or the Road Warriors. If I find out that they're not in right now, and instead we get like Doink the Clown or Adam Bomb, I'll be disappointed. But by the time the game is released, I might get over it and consider getting it anyway. However, if they keep us guessing, and then tell us a week before it's released that instead of Rick Rude or Mr. Perfect, we're getting Doink and Adam Bomb, there's no way I'd buy the game.

[quote name='WWE WrestleFest' timestamp='1295986423' post='7875817']
Yeah, if anything, it's building up expectations too high. After hearing that Hogan, Savage, and Warrior are in, I'm expecting some big names like Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, or the Road Warriors. If I find out that they're not in right now, and instead we get like Doink the Clown or Adam Bomb, I'll be disappointed. But by the time the game is released, I might get over it and consider getting it anyway. However, if they keep us guessing, and then tell us a week before it's released that instead of Rick Rude or Mr. Perfect, we're getting Doink and Adam Bomb, there's no way I'd buy the game.
[/quote]
I agree 100% that's exactly what I am saying, but I don't think THQ gets that. Release the roster now and if people are disappointed with it right away they'll have plenty of time to look over the roster and say well The Road Warriors, Demolition and Razor Ramon aren't in, that sucks but at least we got Macho Man, Hulk Hogan and The Ultimate Warrior that's awesome and the gameplay and game modes are good too wow I can't wait to buy this game.THQ will wait till the last minute to release the roster and alot of people will be upset and not buy this game, and then we won't get another Legends game because this one didn't sell and that would suck.

[quote name='HabsFan' timestamp='1295985778' post='7875784']
[/quote]
People would still be talking about the roster and saying things like I can't believe that guy is in the game or why didn't he make it in. There would still be buzz about the game. The reason they probably don't reveal the roster already is fear of the backlash since guys like you and others at THQ have said it's the best roster ever. People might be upset and say is that all there is.How is that the best roster. Either way we probably won't find out for a while and that a shame because I am excited now for the game as well as many others on this board. By not striking while the iron is hot THQ may lose alot of people's interest with alot of a sports and fighting games coming out in March. And that is not good PR.
[/quote]

THQ said it is the best Roster ever. Those words were never said or typed from me.

These same roster posts happen every single game and they will not lose interest

[quote name='CharlesShane' timestamp='1295991155' post='7876029']
[/quote]
[/quote]

THQ said it is the best Roster ever. Those words were never said or typed from me.

These same roster posts happen every single game and they will not lose interest
[/quote]
That's right I am sorry THQ Tank wrote it's the best roster ever and you said he is right IT Will BLOW YOUR MIND. So basically you kind of did say it as well.

[quote name='eMasson' timestamp='1296002366' post='7876484']
Why are you guys so impatient? It's only a couple of months til the game is released, surely you can wait for that long?

The reason they do it is exactly as Charles said, to keep interest in the game.
[/quote]
It's not about being impatient. It's about keeping the momentum of the game going. If you go to the all stars website and see that there are only 30 characters and we know 17 are offically released plus 3 more were said to be in,and they still have only 12 characters revealed there. It's pointless to keep the other 10 a secret when you still haven't revealed any game modes,we don't even know if there are tag teams or pretty much anything that's in the game.So if the casual gamer that they are also trying to attract sees the trailer or an article on a gaming site about this game and wants to find out more about it they'll get the 12 charaters on the site and the trailers they have already seen.THQ will then lose those casual fans because unlike most of us wrestling game fans they won't go back to the all stars site everyday, they will just move on and forget about it.They want you to pre order the game months in advance but they want to keep most of the information about the game up until a week or two before it's released and that's not right. How can anyone pre order this game with the limited information given right now. When I saw this in June I thought it was crap and was not going to buy it but after seeing the trailers,half the roster and more gameplay videos I am going to buy this game. Just imagine when we get the full roster and game modes and whatever else is in this game how people are going to feel. It's just going to make people want to buy this game more. Instead we will get frustrated going to the website and seeing that there is nothing new, doesn't THQ relize that we will still go to the site if the roster is revealed in full and more people would pre order the game.

[/quote]
[/quote]

When THQ says its the best roster quite frankly its a bunch of Bullshit! Come on THQ honestly the best ever roster??? If that is true you ll have to beat Showdown LOW then because that was the best roster of over 80+ Legends in [b]A LEGENDS GAME![/b] and not this bullcrap current stars in.

So will we see Owen Hart? Nope

How about Bruno Sammartino? Neffinately Not.

So its hardly the best ever roster then is it.

Unless you plan on adding LOD, Nastys, Rock n Rolls, please dont insult my intelligence.

Heres a tip THQ if you want to make it the best roster ever go look at Showdown made by acclaim and look at the awesome amount of talent they put into this game. Then you ll have a idea just how good a roster can be.

[quote]

How about Bruno Sammartino? Neffinately Not.[/quote]

Well, they can't put them in because they won't give THQ the rights to use their name and likeness, it's not like they are snubbing Owen and Bruno. Showdown managed to get more legends because it isn't attached to WWE, and most of the people denying rights are doing it over old grudges.

The one thing I want Allstars to have is a working server, because the Smackdown one is total garbage.

[quote name='TheHippopotomus' timestamp='1296103896' post='7878655']
[quote]

How about Bruno Sammartino? Neffinately Not.[/quote]

Well, they can't put them in because they won't give THQ the rights to use their name and likeness, it's not like they are snubbing Owen and Bruno. Showdown managed to get more legends because it isn't attached to WWE, and most of the people denying rights are doing it over old grudges.

The one thing I want Allstars to have is a working server, because the Smackdown one is total garbage.
[/quote]
If I am not mistaken didn't the WWE sign many Legends to Legends contracts a few monthns ago. Doesn't that include putting them in video games and making action figures of them. I know they don't need there permission to make dvds because the WWE owns the rights to all footage from the WWF-WWE,NWA,AWA,WCW and ECW.Now where I have a problem is coming in Feb the WWE has action figures of the Demolition coming out so they must have some kind of deal with them.Before anyone starts telling me the deal is with the toy maker Mattel and not the WWE, I'll respond with this it still says WWE on the product so there is no way this gets made without Vince's say so. I guess so much for him still having a problem with Ax.So there should be no reason for them not being in this game.The other mind blowing absence from this game would be Razor Ramon for these reasons Vince certainly doesn't have a beef with him considering he's paid for Razor's rehab in the past.He is not in any other wrestling company,they just thought enough of him that a whole show of WWE Vintage Collection was about him and Kevin Nash. The WWE also owns the name Razor Ramon and the final and most important reason we the fans and paying customers want him in the game,and as Vince used to say I give the fans what they want. But maybe I am wrong and this is a THQ thing and not a WWE thing, if that's the case then THQ doesn't know what there customers want and that would just be sad or just cheap and pure laziness on there part.

[quote name='iamthedoctor' timestamp='1296070367' post='7877730']

When THQ says its the best roster quite frankly its a bunch of Bullshit! Come on THQ honestly the best ever roster??? If that is true you ll have to beat Showdown LOW then because that was the best roster of over 80+ Legends in [b]A LEGENDS GAME![/b] and not this bullcrap current stars in.

Unless you plan on adding LOD, Nastys, Rock n Rolls, please dont insult my intelligence.

Heres a tip THQ if you want to make it the best roster ever go look at Showdown made by acclaim and look at the awesome amount of talent they put into this game. Then you ll have a idea just how good a roster can be.
[/quote]

Exactly. IMO this game should have (but won't have) at least the roster from LOW. Even with that game we could import from SvR. Maybe because Savage and Steamboat are in, it automatically equates to the ''Best roster ever'' in THQ's eyes.

[quote name='sabasimba' timestamp='1296148889' post='7879294']
[quote name='iamthedoctor' timestamp='1296070367' post='7877730']

[/quote]

Exactly. IMO this game should have (but won't have) at least the roster from LOW. Even with that game we could import from SvR. Maybe because Savage and Steamboat are in, it automatically equates to the ''Best roster ever'' in THQ's eyes.
[/quote]
Savage and Steamboat makes this roster great but it doesn't make it the best and it certainly doesn't make it mind blowing.The only chance this roster has to be mind blowing is if The Demolition, The Road Warriors,Razor Ramon,Diesel,Ric Flair and Mick Foley are in. But we won't get any of these guys in the game.

Every legend they've announced so far WAS in Showdown - Legends of Wrestling. This maybe the best roster for a WWE game (though even that's debatable, this game's 16 isn't that much more than they used to have in old school WWF games like WrestleFest or Royal Rumble. Or like Attitude, WM2000, or No Mercy's pretty much complete "Attitude era" rosters could also be argued as better. And while Savage and Steamboat were missed in Legends of WrestleMania, adding them and subtracting two dozen guys doesn't make this roster better.) but it's not the best roster of all time. No way in hell.

Archived