Smackdown! JBI

y2jfan156

I've been buying up all the smackdown and SvR games up till 2008 which is when, in my opinion, they started getting bad. My question is, I've got all the games for ps2 and for xbox360 except JBI. Is this worth getting? And assuming I get these, should I try to get the first two games as well? Basically what it boils down to is this: Is it worth buying any of the smackdown games before SYM.

Also, one more quick question: Assuming I do buy Smackdown 1 and 2, Is PS2 backwards compatible or will I need to get a PS1

Yes if youre a fan of the old wwf. Yes ps2 is backwards compatible.
Smackdown 1 Awesome 1st of the series simple and fun Sd2 you can call this sd 1.5 sd3 first sd of next generation
Quick run down
Wwf smackdown|Wwf sd2 | wwf sd3
Quick arcade gameplay|<same| same
Nice roster| <same| many people expected a alliance roster they were wrong most of the people in this game had been there as of x7
Pre season mode for caws| more moves|even more moves
Season mode is forever | same| season mode no more than 7 matches
Simple caw mode (basically mix and match)|updated now u don't have 2 use pre made body parts| now you have 2 create your person or use a cruddy sample not 2 mention basically every caw looks the same
Cut scenes| updated the chances of seeing them (u will see at least 1 cutscene everyweek guarenteed)|cut scenes every week
Nice at the time animation| same|very nice at the time
Quick load times |updated you will see a load time for damn near everything you do can take up 2 a 3 minutes| this games load problem gone replaced by a long save not to mention takes up damn near half a whole memory card not really worth what it takes up.
Every superstars entrance is in front of their titantron vid (u won't see them walk down the ramp)|<same|finally ramp walk
Every ppv arenas is same basically|same|same except insurrextion and wm
1 finisher|same|2 finishers
Extras
Ppv mode|ppv mode create stable create taunt|no ppv mode otherwise same and theater 2 commercial behind the scenes of both trailer for ssx and recent smackdown moments
Attires
A couple main eventers had their old clothes but you had 2 waste a caw slot (only 4!) | more midcarders clothes but still overall same|most superstarswear a shirt backstage can only be seen or playable using cheat device
Sd1-3 all had exclusive backstage areas
If there's anything particular u need 2 ask ill respond:)

Get Smackdown! 2, there's really no need to get the first. Unless you want to play with people like Mideon and Droz(which you can create in 2 anyway), there is no reason to get one. Skip Smackdown! 3. It had a very small roster compared to the previous titles, gameplayed lacked, story mode wasn't good. There's a reason why people call it the worse in the series.

alright. I will note that. So other than mideon and droz the rosters are pretty much the same? I just want a game with story mode that is either never ending, or a really long time. SYM is great because it's 2 years, HCTP is fun because you can restart from where you left off, so that's mostly what I want. I'm looking for a good roster and a great story mode, I rarely play plain old exhibition matches. I never go online so that doesn't matter to me.

Ok, I looked it up and the only people that are in the first game that aren't in the second are Shamrock, Mideon, and Big Show(apparently, Droz isn't in the first game either). So yeah, only three people. In 2, the Mean Street Posse is in, Malenko, Benoit, Eddie etc. And from there, yes it's pretty much the same.

Both SYM and HCTP have good story modes that are good in different ways. SYM has a free roam mode and can go on for 2 years. HCTP has more diverse storylines. If you were to get one game out of the two, get SYM. But I recommend getting both if you can.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived