Question About Story Designer...

Life Of ANGO

before i go creating a story(which i may want to include DL'd superstars(chris masters/nexus/layla and etc), i just want to know if anyone can tell me if there will be any problems uploading a created story with these DLC characters,there Moves that came with the DLC and there Themes/titantrons....the reason why i ask is because i dont want to go create an awesome story and be prevented to upload it because of a potential restriction of it containing DL'd stuff.....sorry for the long post,but if anyone can help me out with a definitive answer,itll be much appreciated :)

oh,and im on a PS3 btw 8-)

[quote name='A.G. Empire' timestamp='1294510725' post='7842885']
[quote name='K0BRA' timestamp='1294502515' post='7842656']
From everything I've heard, you can NOT upload stories with dlc in it.
[/quote]

really? wow how discouraging..i mean seriously,what a stupid restriction :shifty:
[/quote]
Even though it's discouraging, it makes sense. The restriction most probably exists to avoid that people, who didn't purchase the DLC, can play as a DLC character by playing created stories.

There really is no excuse whatsoever...who cares Joe Dough did not buy the DLC. Joe Dough would only be able to play as the character or against the character in said story design. I feel that since we had to pay for it, we should be able to use it how we see fit. I should be able to use the DLC characters I paid for in Story mode and upload the story online....but then again, it's not my Universe...

i believe since we payed to enhance our wwe svr experience that we shouldnt be restricted in using it in every aspect of the game,this includes uploading stories/CAWs and movesets...if anything,people who havent purchased any DLC should be restricted from downloading anything with downloaded stuff attached to it :nod:

I agree with what you guys are saying.

I felt ripped off when I found out we can't upload downloaded content. I love creating stories and uploading stuff to the community creations and not being able to use certain songs/moves/wrestlers that I paid for just pisses me off.

[quote name='Nitro EX' timestamp='1294607942' post='7845197']
I agree with what you guys are saying.

I felt ripped off when I found out we can't upload downloaded content. I love creating stories and uploading stuff to the community creations and not being able to use certain songs/moves/wrestlers that I paid for just pisses me off.
[/quote]

and you know,now that i think about it, the new DLC pack (cena shirt/cm punk masked/undertaker/sheamus), i wonder if this UNNECESSARY restriction will prevent us from using these guys now on our created stories and uploading it >:(

[quote name='maeyoung' timestamp='1294513546' post='7842934']
There really is no excuse whatsoever...who cares Joe Dough did not buy the DLC. Joe Dough would only be able to play as the character or against the character in said story design. I feel that since we had to pay for it, we should be able to use it how we see fit. I should be able to use the DLC characters I paid for in Story mode and upload the story online....but then again, it's not my Universe...
[/quote]
What are you talking about? You just answered yourself.
You paid for it and you CAN use it how you want.
You can't raise a complaint because you paid for it and SOMEONE ELSE who didn't can't use it how you want.

[quote name='The Alpha Gamer' timestamp='1294935642' post='7852749']
Can you use downloaded CAWs in a story and then upload it?
[/quote]

No you cant use them. Before i knew this, i had already started on my story & was about 2 months into it. I tried to upload & said that i couldnt which sucked. I really hate tha restrictions this year with story designer that i dont even make stories anymore which were a big part of replay value & made me stick with last years game. Hoping next year that they'll let us use DLC.

I think that anything you can upload outside of story mode, you can upload in it. So if you download a caw that allows editing, you can re-up it and should be able to up it in your story mode.

The new security measures are annoying, but are a good thing. I'd rather be annoyed than have my stuff re-distributedthat I didn't want re-distributed.

[quote name='Justice' timestamp='1295006390' post='7854480']
I think that anything you can upload outside of story mode, you can upload in it. So if you download a caw that allows editing, you can re-up it and should be able to up it in your story mode.

The new security measures are annoying, but are a good thing. I'd rather be annoyed than have my stuff re-distributedthat I didn't want re-distributed.
[/quote]

No, they are not a good thing, you can't redownload a CAW that's been used in DAS mode, I should know as I played 2010 that had CAWs in it and they didn't automatically download to my PC, and that goes for the DLC as well.

Unnecessary restrictions are unnecessary.

Archived