Embarrassing Gaming Moments from family....

lightning116

This thread, what is the best way of saying this? And if this has been done before, sorry.

Ever had someone in your family that in your mind was absolutely terrible at playing games? Whether they be a child or an adult? From constantly using bubbles in New Super Mario Bros Wii when levels get 'too tough' for them to spamming the hell out of running attacks in the SmackDown games to dying at the most simplest part of a stage?

Well, I have a funny story. My brother (9 at the time) was starting a new file on the Punch-Out remake. I figured 'okay he's fighting Glass Joe, so this shouldn't be so bad.' THREE ROUNDS LATER, he got his ass handed to him by Glass frickin' Joe.

Guys and gals, that was one of the only times I ever wanted to :facepalm: but couldn't. I mean, I know personally just how sucky he is at games....BUT COME ON. Glass Joe?

Now I know some of us have seen some of those embarrassing moments from family. Got any to share?

[quote name='Empire of Suciedad' timestamp='1294194370' post='7835813']
[quote name='D.A.N.' timestamp='1294193166' post='7835776']
My friend died at the hands of the first Goomba in Super Mario Bros.
[/quote]I think all of we have, atleast once.
[/quote]

If you've played that game enough you have died by the hand of first goomba.

My girlfriend is terrible at games, she always picks cactus jack because he's a lumber jack, and manages to lose in all of a minute against just about anyone on svr. Punch punch oh shit he reversed it! That's the end of the match basically.

[quote name='Crowâ„¢' timestamp='1294207663' post='7836079']
My little brother was playing Christian's RTWM in SvR 2011. During the first free roam part he couldn't figure out how to get to the ring and start his match. He wandered in and out of locker rooms aimlessly for about 15 minutes. :lol:
[/quote]

Wow, really? That's amazing.

My brother kept spamming frickin' running attacks against me on SmackDown 2011. Until I got the timing right in my first match and kicked his spamming @$$. Or the second match when he wanted to face one of my female CAWs. He ran into a leverage pin and lost. It cracked me up on the inside.

The worst thing Iv seen was my Dad trying to play LittleBigPlanet. He couldnt get his head around the concept that if you hold the jump button you jump higher and further, so he kept reaching gaps and then just hopping straight into them.

[quote name='iSmex.' timestamp='1294265191' post='7837288']
Me spending ages trying to figure out how I take out a weapon on Fallout 3 >_> Figured it out now.
[/quote]
I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out how to put a weapon away :lol:

[quote name='The Vickshow' timestamp='1294269367' post='7837416']
[quote name='iSmex.' timestamp='1294265191' post='7837288']
Me spending ages trying to figure out how I take out a weapon on Fallout 3 >_> Figured it out now.
[/quote]
I spent a good 30 minutes trying to figure out how to put a weapon away :lol:
[/quote]

We could of probably helped each other out xD

Christmas 2009. We got a Wii, with Sports Resort. My auntie, Uncle, and Cousins were up at my house, and after a while, my friend came in too. So we started playing the sword fighting game on Sports Resort, winner stays on. A few people had a turn and then I got on. I curb-stomped everybody.

Also, whenever anyone plays me in Mario Kart, I usually win.

[quote name='Your Superbeast' timestamp='1294316757' post='7838359']
Also, whenever anyone plays me in Mario Kart, I usually win.
[/quote]

Same thing with me. My siblings hate it when I choose a Bowser track :P
Hey if they want to get better, they have to start somewhere.

Archived