A Pain Free Way To View CAWs

AC_untryBoy

I'm sure this has not been discussed before or anyone has came across it other than myself to my knowledge but I found that if you want to view a CAW in Community Creations WITHOUT the server going poof or on a twiddly wink, all you do is this;

1. Make sure you have a free CAW slot
2. Click on the CAW you want to view in Community Creations
3. Instead of clicking 'View' you click download
4. Now download the CAW to your free
5. Wait for it to finish
6. Once finished, hit 'View' to view the CAW
7. It should come up very quickly & it should NOT boot you off the servers

Now, I've tested this so many times & I have not once been kicked from the servers using this method so it should be a pain free way of viewing CAWs.

Also, if you don't ;like the CAW you just downloaded last to view & find another CAW must better, overwrite the CAW you don't want or just delete it via CAW mode later.

Hopefully this helps.

DO NOT QUOTE WHOLE POST IF YOU HAVE A QUESTION, IT ANNOYS EVERYONE.
QUOTE A PART IF IT'S A CERTAIN PART YOU HAVE AN INQUIRY ABOUT.

I wish they would just get their heads out of their collective asses and realize that "online" is little more than a buzzword in today's industry. I understand that games with online play are money-makers, but Yukes/THQ has never been able to do a very good job with it. They put too much pressure on themselves for it to work online. Sure, it's nice to take my caws online to see how they do and such but with all the pixels that they insist must be in everything from the wrestler models to the ring to the ausdience, there is no way to make a lag-free online experience and maintain that level of quality. That is without including paint tools, tattoos, game physics and the like.

[quote name='McFlea' timestamp='1293574664' post='7821656']
Good idea, unfortunately for me it still boots me off when I just hit download :shift:
[/quote]

Well, I did test it with multiple people & nothing went wrong but I guess it might not work for everyone? I just do it this way as it's the only way I can get to preview CAWs as you are aware, the servers suck.

[quote name='Justice' timestamp='1293581411' post='7821850']
I wish they would just get their heads out of their collective asses and realize that "online" is little more than a buzzword in today's industry. I understand that games with online play are money-makers, but Yukes/THQ has never been able to do a very good job with it. They put too much pressure on themselves for it to work online. Sure, it's nice to take my caws online to see how they do and such but with all the pixels that they insist must be in everything from the wrestler models to the ring to the ausdience, there is no way to make a lag-free online experience and maintain that level of quality. That is without including paint tools, tattoos, game physics and the like.
[/quote]

Wall of text, sorry.

Archived