A wrestler's contract expires and a former Knockout retires

Misatouki

[quote]Source: Pwinsider.com

Samoa Joe's contract with TNA Wrestling has expired, according to multiple sources.

The word going around the locker room is that the former TNA World Heavyweight Champion will work tonight's Final Resolution pay-per-view and this week's iMPACT! while both sides negotiate terms of a new deal. He has been with the company since 2005.[/quote]

[quote]Former TNA Women's Knockout Champion ODB announced Saturday night at Great Lakes Championship Wrestling's sixth annual "Blizzard Brawl" event in Waukesha, Wisconsin that she is retiring from professional wrestling soon.

Meanwhile, former WWE Diva Serena Deeb beat ODB, Traci Brooks and Melanie Cruise in a four-way match at the event to win the GLCW Ladies Championship.[/quote]

[quote name='MrB' timestamp='1291596894' post='7776315']
So basically 2 out of shape dudes might be done wrestling for a while? One permanently?
[/quote]
Out of shape? Joe has weight on him, but the guy is athletic. An out of shape person wouldn't even be able to do 1/4 of what Samoa Joe can do. As for ODB, that's pretty stupid to say if you've actually seen one of her matches.

[quote name='Dr. Teeth' timestamp='1291595656' post='7776283']
Damn, maybe Joe will try WWE..? If not I can see some ROH, PWG - returning.
[/quote]

Joe would neeever go to the WWE. Samoans haven't been having much luck there recently.

Maybe they'll work out some sort of deal allowing him to work indy shows, similar to EY's deal he recently signed.

His contract expired cause TNA got NO MORE MONEY!!!! :lol:. They can't even afford to make a new deal with their wrestlers on time. He will re-sign but wow, TNA is going down. Keep bringing former wrestlers in, you'll go bankrupt offering deals you can't afford.

[quote name='DarkMaster09' timestamp='1291605539' post='7776539']
His contract expired cause TNA got NO MORE MONEY!!!! :lol:. They can't even afford to make a new deal with their wrestlers on time. He will re-sign but wow, TNA is going down. Keep bringing former wrestlers in, you'll go bankrupt offering deals you can't afford.
[/quote]

If anything Samoa Joe would go to ROH but I think he'll be back in TNA. Why would Joe want to join Tyler Black in FCW and learn how to wrestle the "WWE Way"? Neither you nor I know TNA's financial situation since their a private company so I'm confused how you got their record books. What we do know though is Mic Foley has said that he'll be leaving TNA soon which should free up a big chunk of money.

Due to numerous reports out there stating that TNA has tightened their budget including lesser houseshows, giving Eric Young a new contract that is half the pay he had gotten and that Dixie had even made her mom the financial business bla bla bla. Isn't that even a sign??? :rolleyes:

[quote name='DarkMaster09' timestamp='1291680610' post='7778184']
Due to numerous reports out there stating that TNA has tightened their budget including lesser houseshows, giving Eric Young a new contract that is half the pay he had gotten and that Dixie had even made her mom the financial business bla bla bla. Isn't that even a sign??? :rolleyes:
[/quote]
How do you know all of that is because of TNA "going bankrupt"? How do you know that news is even true to begin with? Eric Young had a full time contract, but was only used a few times on iMPACT! and mostly on Xplosion, so of course TNA would probably re-sign him to a smaller one. Lesser house shows? Haven't heard anything about that, other than ONE house show being canceled. Once TNA start charging for people to get into the iMPACT! Zone and stop with the online __% off deals, I'll believe the reports of them having little money left.

TNA may not be the billion-dollar giant WWE is, but I doubt that they are close to bankruptcy.

As for Joe, I heard he did sign a new deal:
[quote]- As reported last night, Samoa Joe's contract with TNA has expired. Word is that he signed a contract before last night's Final Resolution pay-per-view.

It is unclear right now whether it is a short-term deal or something longer.

He is scheduled to work this week's tapings.
[/quote]

Link: http://nodq.com/tna/293678073.shtml

So I hope Joe does stay with TNA for the long term. I honestly don't think he would be successful in WWE. But hey, that's just me. I just hope Joe gets the World Title again soon.

As for ODB, never was a big fan, but I still wish her a happy retirement and the best of luck in whatever she decides to do.

[quote name='DarkMaster09' timestamp='1291680610' post='7778184']
[/quote]

Actually I believe they are doing more house shows and just got back from doing some overseas. Id think if they were bankrupt they wouldn't be traveling so far away. Also Eric Young is probably lucky he didn't get fired. I like him but I don't love him and just because he is an original doesn't mean he can't be let go. Not how the wrestling business works, or really any business for that matter. Also I've never seen proof that her mom is in charge of finances.

Bottom line, I dont think anyone is in position to call them bankrupt when we dont know their record books. You could be completely right about everything. I just have a hard time believing it. And again like I said Mic Foley will be leaving soon, Nash has already left. I'm sure those were some decent sized contracts that got freed up.

Archived