1 year on. has much changed?

ltjfan

hogan and eric have been in TNA now for basically one year.
do you think much has even changed?

the ratings have stayed pretty similar throughout apart from that 2.1 or whatever it was they got when they went live against raw. obviously they've brought in better talents and names. but what else?

Main Event - With the super faction thing going on the main event scene is really bad at the moment.

TV Title - Should be defended way more often since it is after all a TV TitlE -_-

X Division - I like to think that its still alive , but its slowly loosing more and more creditability to hold this belt.

K.O Division - Its alright for what it can be.

Haven't the knockouts always drawn the highest ratings though?
I remember when the knockouts divison got revived they got pretty good ratings.

But I'm not a fan of this whole Hogan/Flair thing. It's like watching WWE, except with WWE rejects :shift:

x-div is dieing steadily but thats because we have 3 big factions and that takes up alot of time and a couple of xdiv stars.
M.E. is a bit messy and all over the place but once it settles a bit it will get a bit better.
Tag Div is still pretty decent, Gunz are amazing, GenMe are pretty cool, as are inc ink, whish Beer Money would fued with the guns before the year is out though.

i guess the only think i think has improved, and as a womens wrestling fan im pleased about, is the K.O. division as since eric and hogan have taken over we have had consistantly in-depth and good storylines which was a pretty big rarity in wrestling with most shouws only showing 4/5 mins of women including interviews and wrestling but tna give the girls at least 10-15 mins a week and the ratings reflect this :)

[quote name='ParaReece!?' timestamp='1289326972' post='7723633']

But I'm not a fan of this whole Hogan/Flair thing. It's like watching WWE, except with WWE rejects :shift:
[/quote]

But their technically not WWE Rejects

Jeff Hardy: WWE Champion (Reject = No)
RVD: MITB Winner, ECW Champion, WWE Champion (Reject = No)
Matt Morgan: been gone a long time and has worked perfectly in TNA (Reject = No)
Mickie James: Womens Champion, Divas Champion (Reject = No)
EV2: Rejects = Yes except Dreamer
The Brian Kendrick: Was going into an amazing push in the WWE (Reject = No)
Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair: Biggest guys in WCW,WWE, AWA, etc (Rejects = Certainly Not)
Team 3D: Multiple Time Tag Team Champions (Rejects = No)
The Pope: Was going to get a good push in the WWE (Reject = No)
Kurt Angle: Reject is way off the picture
Mr. Anderson: Certainly not a reject, had a chance of WWE Title picture
Shannon Moore: His nickname is the Reject because WWE didn't know what to do with him (Reject = Maybe)
Taz: Amazing commentator (Reject = No)

nuff said?

[quote name='Jay Lethal Consequences' timestamp='1289341270' post='7724244']

[/quote]

Matt Morgan: been gone a long time and has worked perfectly in TNA (Reject = No)
Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair: Biggest guys in WCW,WWE, AWA, etc (Rejects = Certainly Not)
Shannon Moore: His nickname is the Reject because WWE didn't know what to do with him (Reject = Maybe)

nuff said?
[/quote]
well said my friend

[/quote]

nuff said?
[/quote]

I didn't mean reject in that sense. I mean as in the ones who got released for whatever reason.

[quote name='WillowTheWhisp' timestamp='1289342603' post='7724326']

[/quote]

nuff said?
[/quote]
well said my friend
[/quote]
Take your lips away from his ass. When someone says "WWE Reject", as much as I hate that term, they mean that the wrestler went from WWE to TNA. But if we are talking rejects in the truest sense of the word, it does apply to: Matt Morgan, EV2, Brian Kendrick, and Anderson.

Yeah, Daniels, Flash, Roxxie,Creed,Daivari,Kong, Homicide, and ODB are gone but somehow we're always stuck with Hogan/Bischoff/Flair getting a lot of tv time. Also Joe and AJ are taking a backseat to Hardy,RVD,and Anderson while we're left watching more ECW vs. Insert random faction here storylines....again. The show really does feel like watching WCW instead of TNA now. Not only are the storylines kind of similar but the look of the show resembles WCW more than TNA. Also a lack of Hamada on tv makes me very sad.

In terms of the good stuff, the only thing I can think of are the KO's seem to be getting close to their original glory and they've stopped just focusing on TBP. Doug Williams, Kendrick, MCMG, Gen Me, Sarita, and Kaz seem to be getting pushed. Otherwise, I think I want my 09 TNA back where AJ, Joe, Angle, and Sting were the top guys and Wolf, Daniels,Eric Young, and Hernandez were moving up the card.

[quote name='Officer P. Awesomeness' timestamp='1289343320' post='7724363']
[quote name='WillowTheWhisp' timestamp='1289342603' post='7724326']

[/quote]

nuff said?
[/quote]

Ric Flair more or less went straight there (yes he did go RoH for a short time), Angle went straight to TNA, Shannon Moore went straight there, Jeff Hardy went straight back there, Team 3D went straight there more or less, Taz went straight there, Mickie James
well said my friend
[/quote]
Take your lips away from his ass. When someone says "WWE Reject", as much as I hate that term, they mean that the wrestler went from WWE to TNA. But if we are talking rejects in the truest sense of the word, it does apply to: Matt Morgan, EV2, Brian Kendrick, and Anderson.
[/quote]

Ric Flair more or less went straight there (yes he did go RoH for a short time), Angle went straight to TNA, Shannon Moore went straight there, Jeff Hardy went straight back there, Team 3D went straight there more or less, Taz went straight there, Mickie James went straight there, Tara went straight there, Shantelle Taylor (Taylor Wilde) went straight there, Talia Madision (Velvet Sky) went straight there... the list goes on my friend... all of these would be rejects then as they apply to the the wrestler that went from WWE to TNA

Mickie was in TNA before she went to WWE and she's back in TNA. Velvet Sky was also never under a WWE contract.

I really hate the term WWE reject because it is so full of bs. If you get released from the number 1 company in the world are you just supposed sit on your hands or just work a local shows in your state? So is Stone Cold a WCW reject?

[quote name='Chris Davis' timestamp='1289344770' post='7724440']
Mickie was in TNA before she went to WWE and she's back in TNA. Velvet Sky was also never under a WWE contract.

I really hate the term WWE reject because it is so full of bs. If you get released from the number 1 company in the world are you just supposed sit on your hands or just work a local shows in your state? So is Stone Cold a WCW reject?
[/quote]

Velvet Sky was actually under a developmental contract, and yes Alexis Laree may have been in TNA before hand but i'm talking Mickie James she was never in TNA before hand, Mickie James is a character. Alexis Laree was a badass, Mickie is a Country Singer

I havnt hated 2010 like some people but I also believe thats because I dont have an actual hatred for Hogan like some do. (Nothing wrong with disliking but I honestly think some hate the man) Besides the last PPV we just saw things have been pretty good.

Now I know everyone here loves to bash Vince Russo but how about this for a thought. Perhaps the best period of TNA was when Vince Russo was almost in completely control of creative. This was after the Jarrett/Karen thing and before Hogan/Bischoff came in. During that Russo period was saw Desmond Wolfe Vs Kurt Angle twice, AJ Styles Vs Samoa Joe Vs Daniels. Daniels Vs Aj Styles and some pretty good wrestling.

[quote name='ParaReece!?' timestamp='1289345751' post='7724487']
Didn't Angelina Love go to TNA from WWE too?

[b]+ Would Christy Hemme count?:shift:[/b]
[/quote]
Yes, but she's retired now.
And Angelina was given a developmental contract but never touched a WWE ring.

I still have hopes of the X-Division being back where it was years ago, but I prefer they team up because the X-Division wrestlers do fairly well as a team. IE: "Black Machismo" Jay Lethal & Consequences Creed, AJ Styles & Christopher Daniels, Lethal & Sonjay Dutt, Chris Sabin & Alex Shelley and recently Max & Jeremy Buck.

They have met with AAA a few times, maybe a few new X-Division wrestlers will show up within March or June of next year and really bring the division back.

The Heavyweight Division has essentially been the same, though there aren't as much wrestlers that are capable of stepping up, the faction clogging things up for the division doesn't help much either, it takes away from the element of surprise because now you know the champion will always have something up his sleeve to slip out or cheat his way to victory in a big match up. But, that's how things were when Jeff Jarrett had that super-duper long run as World Champion.

Its so much worse these days in my view...

Last years Turning Point featured Kurt Angle VS Desmond Wolfe..a match of the year candidate...as well as the three way between Joe, Styles, and Daniels. To add, Amazing Red VS Homicide was a better X-Division title match than what we have currently. Honestly, with only one or two good matches from this years, and two GREAT, with three or four good matches from last, which one looks better?

Give Red a lengthy title reign and have him defend it against a new opponent every ppv, and every 2 or 3 iMPACT. (His matches make the excitement that is the division, best representative IMO). Meanwhile other people are feuding, whether its for #1 contendership or just a plain ol' feud.

Television, all they should do is make sure it's defended close to every iMPACT since its a TV title.

But I'm judging this from what is said here and stuff since I haven't had the patients to sit and watch many wrestling shows recently, even RoH I'm skipping shit.

Archived