was earthquake/ mankind supposed to be in?

1ManGang

a friend of mine is currently in school to make games, do graphic design, etc. I know nothing about it but he was doing a coding project and he and his project partner starting doing some video game coding to find stuff in the coding that was not a part of the finished product.

they found "Earthquake" and "Mankind" in the coding for legends of wrestlemania. their video/music were not on the disc but there was what he said they call a "place holder" for both items and a placeholder in the coding for the selection screen for them.

was earthquake and/or mankind supposed to be in the game?

[quote name='1ManGang' timestamp='1289113895' post='7717487']
a friend of mine is currently in school to make games, do graphic design, etc. I know nothing about it but he was doing a coding project and he and his project partner starting doing some video game coding to find stuff in the coding that was not a part of the finished product.

they found "Earthquake" and "Mankind" in the coding for legends of wrestlemania. their video/music were not on the disc but there was what he said they call a "place holder" for both items and a placeholder in the coding for the selection screen for them.

[/quote]

yes. the dlc pack for smackdown vs raw 2009 that had earthquake, vader, doink, and the bushwackers was supposed to be LOW dlc but due to poor sales thq converted them to smackdown vs raw models. this was confirmed by corey in a live chat he did for smackdown vs raw 2010 on wwe.com except he didnt say due to poor sales he said due to a demand for smackdown vs raw dlc (ya right).

a game tester also leaked the roster for the game on here weeks before the roster was announced and he said at the time he was game testing earthquake and doink but they never showed up in the game (the guy got every one else on the roster right except he forgot bigelow so I say he was legit).

as for mankind he was removed when foley joined tna at the wwe's request. randy savage was also made for the game but removed by wwe. mankind's removal came way after savage's so it would make sense mankind would still be in the coding as a placeholder.

if this was a ps2 game we'd probably be able to get mankind, earthquake, doink, and savage using codebreaker or gameshark.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='nystyle' timestamp='1289149255' post='7718393']
[quote name='1ManGang' timestamp='1289113895' post='7717487']

[/quote]

yes. the dlc pack for smackdown vs raw 2009 that had earthquake, vader, doink, and the bushwackers was supposed to be LOW dlc but due to poor sales thq converted them to smackdown vs raw models. this was confirmed by corey in a live chat he did for smackdown vs raw 2010 on wwe.com except he didnt say due to poor sales he said due to a demand for smackdown vs raw dlc (ya right).

a game tester also leaked the roster for the game on here weeks before the roster was announced and he said at the time he was game testing earthquake and doink but they never showed up in the game (the guy got every one else on the roster right except he forgot bigelow so I say he was legit).

as for mankind he was removed when foley joined tna at the wwe's request. randy savage was also made for the game but removed by wwe. mankind's removal came way after savage's so it would make sense mankind would still be in the coding as a placeholder.

[b]if this was a ps2 game we'd probably be able to get mankind, earthquake, doink, and savage using codebreaker or gameshark.[/b]
[/quote]

With WWE All-Stars coming out for PS2, I wonder why this game was never on it...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived