"Sometimes I hate wrestling so much"

Death N' Taxes

[quote][b]Source: Rajah.com[/b]
TNA Wrestling has posted online the latest episode
of its Spin Cycle web series, which features Rob Van Dam, Brian Kendrick, Mickie James and Douglas Williams as panelists, with Jeremy Borash hosting. The wrestler formerly known as "The Brian Kendrick" notably remarked his hidden secret, his hatred for finisher maneuvers, and his conspiracy theory for 9/11.

In response to the topic of the premiere finishing maneuver in the company, Kendrick replied, "I think the idea of having a move to finish someone off with is silly to begin with. You know what I mean?

"I'm going to wait to hit you with my speciality move, then you'll be knocked out."

On the topic of hidden secrets, Kendrick said that at times, he really hates being a professional wrestler.

"My hidden secret is sometimes I hate wrestling so much," he revealed.

"I was lying in bed last night and I couldn't move my knee. I just started crying. I had to wrestle a dark match because of all the stupid politics. And I just hate being a wrestler so much sometimes that I just want to slap myself in the face for being so stupid."

He later issued his conspiracy theory for 9/11, calling it "an inside job."[/quote]

His and Paul Londons shoot is amazing he kind of gets into it in the video as well just saying WWE made him hate wrestling he said hed rather work at Home Depot then ever go back to WWE. I can understand where hes coming from he just wants to do the thing he loves,wrestling and when all the bullshit backstage brings him down. Which is why im sure he loves working PWG shows so much.

Finishing moves are illogical, but professional wrestling has always been about suspending your disbelief. There would be a HUGE hole in the storytelling aspect of pro wrestling if there were no finishing moves. The best matches in history almost always feature counters and reversals of finishers. It lets you know that someone has the upper hand, or that someone else is in trouble. Illogical, yes...but it's quite stupid of Kendrick to suggest that they shouldn't be there.

[quote name='Generations' timestamp='1288991829' post='7712660']
Finishing moves are illogical, but professional wrestling has always been about suspending your disbelief. There would be a HUGE hole in the storytelling aspect of pro wrestling if there were no finishing moves. The best matches in history almost always feature counters and reversals of finishers. It lets you know that someone has the upper hand, or that someone else is in trouble. Illogical, yes...but it's quite stupid of Kendrick to suggest that they shouldn't be there.
[/quote]

True dat.

I mean the concept of one move being "the finisher" is odd, but the concept of signature moves does make sense though. A signature move is just something that someone studied, trained and perfected to the point at which they could call it their own or they changed or innovated a common move enough to put their own stamp on it. Boxers, freestyle wrestlers, karate martial artists and MMA guys all have signature moves in that sense.

The finisher just takes that concept a big leap further and elevates one signature move to the point it needs to be used to end a match. Which is definitely kinda strange when you think about it... but it has become so ingrained in the landscape of pro wrestling that now it would seem bizarre without it... and Kendrick is pretty young so the world of wrestling that he has been exposed to has pretty much always had finishing moves. I could understand a wrestler who grew up watching wrestling in the 1950s being adamant about that viewpoint but for someone who was young during the 80's when the use of finishing moves first became like mandatory then I don't see how it's weird to him.

And overall, finishing moves are a good thing. They definitely ramp up the excitement factor in most matches.

[quote name='unknownsold13r' timestamp='1288993088' post='7712734']
[quote name='Generations' timestamp='1288991829' post='7712660']
[/quote]

True dat.

I mean the concept of one move being "the finisher" is odd, but the concept of signature moves does make sense though. A signature move is just something that someone studied, trained and perfected to the point at which they could call it their own or they changed or innovated a common move enough to put their own stamp on it. Boxers, freestyle wrestlers, karate martial artists and MMA guys all have signature moves in that sense.

The finisher just takes that concept a big leap further and elevates one signature move to the point it needs to be used to end a match. Which is definitely kinda strange when you think about it... but it has become so ingrained in the landscape of pro wrestling that now it would seem bizarre without it... and Kendrick is pretty young so the world of wrestling that he has been exposed to has pretty much always had finishing moves. I could understand a wrestler who grew up watching wrestling in the 1950s being adamant about that viewpoint but for someone who was young during the 80's when the use of finishing moves first became like mandatory then I don't see how it's weird to him.

And overall, finishing moves are a good thing. They definitely ramp up the excitement factor in most matches.
[/quote]

I don't think anyone can really argue about this.

Archived