amusing commentary

josesaladbar

so after playing this for a few days now ive had a few instances of very funny commentary! the best one happened today.

i had someone in a submission so King said;

"i dont know what more you'd want to do to another man"

then cole replied in a deadpan voice;

"Sheamus, from behind"

maybe its my juvenile mind, but i found this very funny indeed!

[quote name='i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i' timestamp='1288484861' post='7694127']
Does anyone else remember Smackdown! vs Raw 2008? That game had a [i]lot[/i] of commentary blunders. One of the worst ones was when you hit someone with a steel chair, King would say "STUNNER! STUNNER!". It would happen [i]every[/i] time.
[/quote]Or in 2009 (I think it was 2009 anyway) if you hit a Big Boot, no matter who you were, Cole would say "What a huge boot by Gene Snitsky!"

Made even funnier by the fact Snitsky was long gone from the company at that stage and not even in the game.

[quote name='SASR' timestamp='1288485066' post='7694143']
Does anyone else remember Smackdown! vs Raw 2008? That game had a [i]lot[/i] of commentary blunders. One of the worst ones was when you hit someone with a steel chair, King would say "STUNNER! STUNNER!". It would happen [i]every[/i] time.
[/quote]Or in 2009 (I think it was 2009 anyway) if you hit a Big Boot, no matter who you were, Cole would say "What a huge boot by Gene Snitsky!"

Made even funnier by the fact Snitsky was long gone from the company at that stage and not even in the game.
[/quote]

Snitsky was in 2009. I think you're talking about 2010.

[/quote]

I went back and played 2007... oh God, that was MUCH worse than 2008. Every match I played they kept talking about no one that was even involved in the match. They never called moves, all they did was talk about Shawn Michaels, Triple H, or MVP (there were more, those were the only ones off the top of my head).

Was Christian, hit my finisher on Tyson Kidd, Kidd kicked out, and Cole said "Christian just refuses to stay down!".

Haha, and then when Ziggler interfered, Cole added "Ziggler's distracting the referee, and now Christian's opponent has grabbed a steel chair.", even though I was hammering seven shades of shite out of Kidd.

[quote name='RnC' timestamp='1288488901' post='7694316']
[quote name='brienj' timestamp='1288485485' post='7694164']
I heard the Jerry Lawler joke about a red-head about 10 times in my 6 Diva Elimination Tag Match. :hqhq:
[/quote]

Lol, what was the joke?
[/quote]
I think it went like this:
"I dated a red-head once." PAUSE "She didn't have red hair, she just had a red head."

Archived