AJ Styles Update 1 (26 oct)

coddeest

Hello,

I just did the face (attire comes when face is good enough)
Now i needs feedback / tips for the face

Sorry for the bad mobile quality.

[color="#FF0000"]OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD OLD:[/color]
[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/hvyoi9.jpg[/img]

[color="#0000FF"]UPDATE1 26-oct:[/color]
[img]http://i51.tinypic.com/2hzkgfk.png[/img]

[color="#0000FF"]Update 1:[/color]
- Darker eyes (you can't see it well, probaly by mobile phone picture)
- Darker eyebrows (you can't see it well, probaly by mobile phone picture)
- Headsize
- Played with the mouth (lips)
- Eye size / angle changed
- Eyebrow size / angle changed

[quote name='Petey.The.Clown' timestamp='1288097496' post='7677642']
I think without the painttool texture, these caws are all suffering.

And why do they all have a rash on their face? every CAW i seen on this topic so far looks spotty :fedup:
[/quote]

Honestly, I am getting sick of people moaning about it. Fair enough, transparity is removed, if theres no patch then where gonna have to live with it. Just look what Tich and Zurick have done with just logos, its amazing. And now people are maoning about the painttool texture hack. Its just stupid, and IMO, I hate textured caws. Bottom line, live with it and get used to it. I'm not really a good caw maker (I'v made a few for myself) but I am sure I will be able to put up with it without moaning.

And why do they all have a rash on their face? every CAW i seen on this topic so far looks spotty :fedup:
[/quote]

You don't need textures to make good CAWs. When people first get the game CAW mode is new and therefore the majority of CAWs that come out at the start of the year are poor. Some of the best CAWs in the history of the franchise have been without using textures. Textures are overrated, period. Most textured CAWs looked odd because they didn't fit in with the models. Also, people were using textures for far too much. When textures were first used, Zurick said it best. He said that textures should be used to create things that you can't create. Logos, facial hair, eyebrows, scars. Not for the whole model or underwear. >_>

[quote name='The D' timestamp='1288100156' post='7677760']

You don't need textures to make good CAWs. When people first get the game CAW mode is new and therefore the majority of CAWs that come out at the start of the year are poor. Some of the best CAWs in the history of the franchise have been without using textures. Textures are overrated, period. Most textured CAWs looked odd because they didn't fit in with the models. Also, people were using textures for far too much. When textures were first used, Zurick said it best. He said that textures should be used to create things that you can't create. Logos, facial hair, eyebrows, scars. Not for the whole model or underwear. >_>
[/quote]

most of guys think cawmaking is just a question of talent and they see in textures a kind of magical tool to make good caw, they don't see how it take years of pratice to be a good cawmaker, I mean (and I'm sure you'll be agree with me) I remember when you started caw and saw you grow up and become one of the best here, they just don't realize that. a caw with texture can be awfull if the guys don't take time to learn basic things and a caw without can be awsome if it mades by a guy who know everything about cawmaking.

there is no talent in cawmaking, there is just work, texture is nothing than a small part of what cawmaking is

[quote name='Tich' timestamp='1288104173' post='7677939']

[/quote]

most of guys think cawmaking is just a question of talent and they see in textures a kind of magical tool to make good caw, they don't see how it take years of pratice to be a good cawmaker, I mean (and I'm sure you'll be agree with me) I remember when you started caw and saw you grow up and become one of the best here, they just don't realize that. a caw with texture can be awfull if the guys don't take time to learn basic things and a caw without can be awsome if it mades by a guy who know everything about cawmaking.

there is no talent in cawmaking, there is just work, texture is nothing than a small part of what cawmaking is
[/quote]

'Appreciate that, man. ;) And I agree entirely, it's a good way to make CAWs, but slapping on a texture isn't CAWing; it's lazy. I've been saying that there's no talent in it for [b]years[/b] and no-one believes me. It's about the time and the pride you take in doing it, just like anything in life.

Hair looks good for AJ this year, but i'd say i'm not feeling it too much. The mouth needs less width and more thickness, play about with the upperlip and lowerlip to your liking. Eyes look pretty light, and they have to be angled the other way. I'd really have a look into the cheeks and jaw, which is apart of the main bits of a CAW, you need to get the face figure right, for it to look as accurate as you can get it. Heres a photobucket full of refs of wrestler.

Credit: PAC. :P

http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/refs123/AJ%20Styles/

[/quote]

[/quote]

Have to agree ..paint tool texture hack is not always needed..I know I can cope without hacks in caws and I done alright the old fashioned way all these years and last year before the explosion of textures at least I think so ;) But thats off topic

As for the caw I think you have suggestions..its not a bad base at all though to continue from

Okay thnx i will work about the feedback you guys gave me.

[quote name='Arsenal.' timestamp='1288106674' post='7678046']
Hair looks good for AJ this year, but i'd say i'm not feeling it too much. The mouth needs less width and more thickness, play about with the upperlip and lowerlip to your liking. Eyes look pretty light, and they have to be angled the other way. I'd really have a look into the cheeks and jaw, which is apart of the main bits of a CAW, you need to get the face figure right, for it to look as accurate as you can get it. Heres a photobucket full of refs of wrestler.

Credit: PAC. :P

http://s634.photobucket.com/albums/uu64/refs123/AJ%20Styles/
[/quote]

thnx for the pictures, i can use them.

[color="#0000FF"]EDIT updated version on first post: UPDATE1.[/color]

[quote name='Heroface' timestamp='1288130352' post='7679539']
Decrease the width of the entire head juuuust a little bit and maybe move the cheeks up and out just a fraction. Can't see anything else really, maybe the hair is too dark but it might just be the picture
[/quote]

Hair is just the picture, but thnx for the tip, the widh of the head and cheeks i will adjust.

[quote name='Jack The Ripper' timestamp='1288114833' post='7678461']
[quote name='SEV7N.' timestamp='1288098713' post='7677686']
Down syndrome.
[/quote]

Careful what you say, some people can be easily offended by this comment.
[/quote]
Who *censored*ing cares? Like honestly, shouldn't you be out trying to save a whale or something?

Is caw mode really this bad this year?

Archived