Lesnar in?

R.O.B.

Can't watch the video, but I can assure all of you that Lesnar is most definitely NOT going to be in. He doesn't even want to be associated with pro wrestling anymore, much less the WWE to put him in their video games.

Plus, THQ would need the rights from Dana White because his image is signed exculsively to the UFC.

[quote name='God's Son' timestamp='1287456256' post='7653983']
Can't watch the video, but I can assure all of you that Lesnar is most definitely NOT going to be in. He doesn't even want to be associated with pro wrestling anymore, much less the WWE to put him in their video games.

Plus, THQ would need the rights from Dana White because his image is signed exculsively to the UFC.
[/quote]

Ehm...I've never heard Brock say that he doesn't want to be associated with pro wrestling. In fact, I've often heard him say quite the opposite. He's always talking about how much he owes the wrestling industry, and how he doesn't regret a thing. He has a very good relationship with WWE...he's even been hyped on the WWE website before UFC fights. As far as the thing you said about rights? I don't think that's an issue in the slightest. Brock Lesnar is a man. He owns his name likeness. It's different when you have a pro wrestler going from one company to another...for example "Mr Kennedy"...that's not his name; that name and character were created by WWE...so in TNA, he needed a different name, and he needed new catch phrases. The UFC doesn't sign people to lengthy contracts...because someone could get hurt, and be useless to them. They sign people to very brief fight agreements. Lesnar couldn't appear in anything WWE related with the UFC title...but he could appear in WWE related merchandise as himself, completely disassociated with the UFC. He could appear as he did during his time in WWE.

[quote name='EricWildStallionMcMichael' timestamp='1287516975' post='7655728']
well. its possible. THQ owns the game rights to UFC. Lesner is in the UFC.
[/quote]

Again, it has nothing to do with THQ or UFC. It would be a deal between Brock and the WWE...just like the one that RVD made to be in SvR2011 while under contract with TNA. What we're talking about here, is a merchandise deal. Brock can't fight for another promotion while holding the UFC title, because it would be too risky to his health, and that would directly affect the UFC product. He can make his own deals to sell his name and likeness, though. What do you think the sponsors on his trunks represent? They represent business deals.

Archived