The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What was Governor saying while dragging Martinez to the pit? Didn't quite hear it well.

He was saying "I don't want it"...in response to Martinez suggesting that they share the leadership responsibilities of the new camp. I heard what he said the first time, but I had to watch the episode a second time to hear what Martinez said, because I didn't hear what sparked the Governor's reaction the first time.

What was Governor saying while dragging Martinez to the pit? Didn't quite hear it well.

He was saying "I don't want it"...in response to Martinez suggesting that they share the leadership responsibilities of the new camp. I heard what he said the first time, but I had to watch the episode a second time to hear what Martinez said, because I didn't hear what sparked the Governor's reaction the first time.

They said on Talking Dead (Martinez himself said I believe) that Gov' was saying "I don't want it" meaning he doesn't want to become the Governor again, being in denial.

They said on Talking Dead (Martinez himself said I believe) that Gov' was saying "I don't want it" meaning he doesn't want to become the Governor again, being in denial.

Well, yeah...it's the same thing. Being responsible for the camp would turn him into the Governor. He was trying to avoid that, but kinda took a big dump on his progress by killing his friend.

friend is a bit strong.

------

The part that got me in the preview for next weeks episode:

The governor said.

"They're going to realise their people are missing"

Does that mean he takes the shot...

friend is a bit strong.

------

The part that got me in the preview for next weeks episode:

The governor said.

"They're going to realise their people are missing"

Does that mean he takes the shot...

In the preview, we saw him have his gun on Hershel and Michonne had a bandage on her head that wasn't there previously. So, I'm thinking he captures Hershel and Michonne but after some abuse, Michonne's able to escape.. can't say the same for Hershel though. That's just a prediction though.

It also happened in the comic eons ago. :lol:

Having read the comics, the show isn't as enjoyable. Especially this season and the last. They changed nearly everything, and now they throw in a scene or prop here and there in an attempt to appease people who read the comics. The tank, Gov's head collection, etc. My main problem is Rick's characterizations to this point. They're pretty far off from the Rick that I know. Killing Lori before they were supposed to stunted his character development. Anyway, I hope tonight's episode is better than the rest of the season has been.

Having read the comics, the show isn't as enjoyable. Especially this season and the last. They changed nearly everything, and now they throw in a scene or prop here and there in an attempt to appease people who read the comics. The tank, Gov's head collection, etc. My main problem is Rick's characterizations to this point. They're pretty far off from the Rick that I know. Killing Lori before they were supposed to stunted his character development. Anyway, I hope tonight's episode is better than the rest of the season has been.

The TV series was never going to be like the comic and that was said from the get-go. It started pretty similar, but Kirkman has said dozens of times that he is writing two different things. If you keep comparing the show to the novels you are always going to be disappointed IMO so you should stop doing that.

The TV series was never going to be like the comic and that was said from the get-go. It started pretty similar, but Kirkman has said dozens of times that he is writing two different things. If you keep comparing the show to the novels you are always going to be disappointed IMO so you should stop doing that.

The problem is, I shouldn't be disappointed when I compare the show to the comic I've been a fan of since day one. The show should measure up. They were obviously never going to follow the comic word for word, but the quality should still be there. Don't get me wrong, I liked the better part of the first 2 seasons, but season 3, and so far, season 4, have been lackluster.

There's also no excuse for making unnecessary changes to main characters the way that they have, even killing some that are crucial to the story. They killed Dale without even doing the cannibal story-line, which explored the lengths some people are willing to go in this new world, and the toll is has on the psyche. They skipped over the winter, which presented some interesting obstacles to the survivors and walkers alike. They killed Lori and Andrea before their time, both of whom are important to Rick's character progression.. I could go on, but I'm not trying to bash the show. It's just hard for me not to draw comparisons, when they keep throwing in these nonsensical changes that detract from the quality of the show.

That shit was too real.

Favorite scene was when that white bitch got it by the children. They had spot on aim too, shot that bitch right between the eyes. For some reason, her willingness to take over the prison even when her sister saw the type of monster The Governor was and she just wanted to go a long with it, made me dislike her more. I'm glad The Governor got it too, I expected it to be at the hands of the woman he'd just befriended during the last few episodes. As he made zero hesitation to kill her daughter, who we thought he'd grown a connection to, so that was nice. They saved the best for last clearly. Herschel being decapitated was wild. Daryl is such a mother*censored*in' G, son. The tank *Censored*h wanted somebody to show him some remorse, *Censored*h was all like "chill, I'm wit ya'll now", Daryl was like "*Censored*h please" -crossbow'd-

Idc..That whole episode had me satisfied.

The problem is, I shouldn't be disappointed when I compare the show to the comic I've been a fan of since day one. The show should measure up. They were obviously never going to follow the comic word for word, but the quality should still be there. Don't get me wrong, I liked the better part of the first 2 seasons, but season 3, and so far, season 4, have been lackluster.

There's also no excuse for making unnecessary changes to main characters the way that they have, even killing some that are crucial to the story. They killed Dale without even doing the cannibal story-line, which explored the lengths some people are willing to go in this new world, and the toll is has on the psyche. They skipped over the winter, which presented some interesting obstacles to the survivors and walkers alike. They killed Lori and Andrea before their time, both of whom are important to Rick's character progression.. I could go on, but I'm not trying to bash the show. It's just hard for me not to draw comparisons, when they keep throwing in these nonsensical changes that detract from the quality of the show.

Andrea is by far one of the most important characters in the book next to Carl and Michonne. At least up to the Alexandria Safe-Zone thats as far as I know right now lol.

Honestly the only good addition to the show is Daryl but he has taken the role of Andrea i guess.

oh.my.god.

R.I.P Hershel :(

I was like *Censored* YES when Michone struck her sword on governor's chest
I bet that woman missed the shot on Govahnuh on purpose.

I hope I'm not the only one that noticed the zombie girl in the coat at the end was the british woman rick had to kill a few episodes back.

I bet someone took the baby to the bus, that carrier was too clean for a baby to get eaten from it

One major problem with this episode:

Why didn't the kids just put the baby on the bus? You mean to tell me that these kids are smart enough and tough enough to be out there shooting people, but they neglected the fact that a baby is of no use to them, and would be better suited on the bus?

One major problem with this episode:

Why didn't the kids just put the baby on the bus? You mean to tell me that these kids are smart enough and tough enough to be out there shooting people, but they neglected the fact that a baby is of no use to them, and would be better suited on the bus?

That carrier was too clean to have a baby eaten out of it

12vttdH.jpg

xXqrJnN.jpg

Archived