The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

EDIT: Found a different vid. Fun trailer, looks like they've gone for the fantasy show. At least that is what it looks like. :lol:

I loved season 9, are they keeping the same showrunner? I hope so. Sad to see Danai leave also, she was great last season and really carried the show I thought.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm finally around to watching season 9 since its on Netflix and I seriously gotta know... Were people this stupid the other 8 seasons? I actuslly understand why my girl walks out of the room when she sees me watching this. Last night I had to turn ths sheeit off mid ep

I'll keep going to the end. Curiousity is piqued, but my engagement and connection to characters has greatly diminished

Okay, "The Calm Before" was prolly the best ep I've seen since the Negan's season premiere as far as shock value goes. It's did kinda revitalize my urge to fallow along so I might keep up this fall

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3PecBPA1zO/?igshid=1xv1lq3h405wi

Lauren Cohan/Maggie returning later in Season 10 (Danai Gurira/Michonne will be leaving during this season though). Maggie will be a series regular in Season 11

I don't watch Fear either but I just read about that Season 5 finale, man wtf

What happened in Fear? I gave up on it.

I am excited for season 10! Not looking forward to Michonne leaving, but I really quite loved the last season.

Overall: They've continued the heavy-handed moralism and didacticism of the last season. Plus, the writing is cheap, shallow, and lacks originality (not really new, though).

Finale:

Saviors 2.0. Morgan death cliffhanger (spoiler: he ain't dying).

Well that sounds lame. No wonder people aren't happy. In general I enjoy Fear and I think the cast of characters they have are fun (especially John Dorie), but the writing has been abysmal.

Also on an unrelated note. Comic spoilers;

I recently finished reading the series. Was surprised to learn that it ended so soon, but I was pleased with the ending. The wild west frontier theme hit something creative in me and I really want to see more of that post-apocalyptic American west.

At least the show has an endpoint now, even though I'm sure they will blow right past it and keep going.

Also apparently season 10 starts tonight. I had no idea :lol:

I was underwhelmed. Aaron being absurd with his whole "who's the good guys?" exchange with Michonne. Judith's brave man story was so sentimentally uplifting that I thought I was watching Fear for a sec.

Weird and confusing introduction to Dante. And the silly, contrived ending where Carol just happens to walk upon the area Alpha is and right on cue Alpha walks out acting like a lion just waking up from a nap and then they catch eye. It was so over the top.

The Daryl and Carol scenes and the overall paranoia that is being built up around the Whisperers returning I enjoyed, though.

I would consider checking back into Walking Dead...but I honestly don't even know what season it was when I left off. :lol:

Also, I absolutely feel like the current show must be more ridiculous than I really care to watch. Still...it's something that I will eventually finish, just to say that I have. Same with Fear the Walking Dead...which I also abandoned at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice horror-infused episode tonight.

Regarding Carol:

I liked how the reveal of her insomnia is due to her fear of seeing her son in her dreams.

Ya know I thought that reveal was kinda obvious throughout the episode. Not in the how could you not get that? kinda way, but in the way that it didnt really necessarily need a reveal.

Archived