The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fun filler episode. I do not like the colour saturation for the flashbacks, it feels dirty and gross.

The whole idea about child scavengers and Michonne dicing them up would have been super scary and bone-chilling if they didn't spend the entire sequence going HAAAA YAAAAA AYAHHHAAAAAAAA every time they breathed. Just made the thing have a crappy B-movie feel to it.

They really flubbed at how terrifying and dramatic the slaughter of children would be.

Only 2 episodes left right? Not sure I'm ready for this season to end. It's been a pleasant surprise and Andy Lincoln leaving seemingly gave the show some new life, so I hope season 10 is handled just as well. I'm hoping they use the same showrunner.

Yeah, I hope they don't take her and move her to FTWD in hopes that she can make that show better too. Or the rumored new third TWD show that may be coming soon.

Man some of you are vastly overreacting. It was a chilling episode and some people died, but man, apart from Tara it was nobody important. Even she has been living on borrowed time for a number of seasons. The only one I'm surprised about is Henry because I was sure they were going to keep Carl's storylines up with him.

Boy am I glad they didn't kill Ezekiel this way on the show though. Don't think I could have taken that. I've been dreading it since I read it in the comics.

Yeah, I wasn't that heartbroken since I didn't even know most of them. But I'll give them credit and say Henry and Enid were big deaths too. I didn't really like Henry cause I thought he made dumb decisions, but I ended up feeling kinda gutted that he had to go. Would've expected worm girl to go before him tbh.

Was Enid a big death though really? She was always a tertiary character that never really had anything to do. Especially after Carl died. They made a mistake by not having her as a mole or escapee of the Wolves way back in season 6.

Tara was the only big one really, but even she has never been a vital part of the show. She could have died at any point and people would have gotten over it pretty fast. I suppose at this point the Hilltop will need a new leader (and I cant think of anyone outside Daryl.) But other than that, its unfortunate, but she really was no big loss.

Anyway, the episode still left me with a gut punch. Mainly because of how well they did it. The music towards the end, the atmosphere, the build up. This honestly is probably one of my favorite seasons this far. And I didn't know what to expect going in. But they're doing an amazing job with the writing and pacing.

Archived