The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

905:

Soo... Rick is still alive and he'll be exclusively in TV movies. Alright...

Is that confirmed? Because that is weird as hell.

Great episode though, I was gripped the whole time.

They managed to get Scott Wilson to film a scene before he died which made my heart sink. It was a nice send off for him too, inadvertent as it may be. Nice to see Jon Bernthal also. I cringed hard at the Judith reveal at the end, I really am not looking forward to the adventures of an 8 year old girl in my zombie show, I hope it's not as bad as I'm predicting it's going to be. I suppose they can now do all the things with Judith that they can't with Carl from the comics.

It was nice to see Magda and the crew though, I didn't think they were going to bother with them in the show as in the comics they don't seem overly important to the story, but new characters are always fun.

905:

Soo... Rick is still alive and he'll be exclusively in TV movies. Alright...

Is that confirmed? Because that is weird as hell.

Yup. Scott Gimple said so on Talking Dead. He made it clear that these were indeed Rick's final episodes on the series, but there are plans to have him be featured in movies produced by AMC.

I guess Andy Lincoln doesnt want to do a full schedule anymore. Not that I blame him, hes carried the show on his back for 9 years. Hes earned it.

Not that I expect this show to have any sort of realism, but with the 6 year time skip at the end there, there really would be no more zombies left.

Is she confirmed to be leaving? I remember reading those reports, but I don't remember much else. I read it about Michonne too.

I wonder what they are going to do with the Fear crew and Morgan now that they are 6 years behind lol. I wonder if we'll ever see a proper crossover. Not that I ever really expected one.

I kinda wanted to see Carl in one of the hallucinations but I guess his death was too recent for a cameo?

I thought we were going to see Lori or Glenn. Sasha seemed a bit random. Probably got whoever they could. Would have been nice to see the Governor.

I was really looking forward to being sad when Rick died. But even before we found out he survived, I didn't really feel heartbroken like that like other deaths on the show in the past. Even during his scenes with Shane...closest I got was the scene with Hershel. Other than that, not really. Anyone else?

I wasn't sad so much as confused lol. I knew he was leaving, but it was a such a massive cliffhanger that you knew he wasn't really leaving. Turns out he is not in fact returning to the main show, but will be appearing in a series of home movies produced by AMC, so he's not really leaving at all, he'll just be in it less.

It's all very contrived really. Talking Dead acts like the Queen or Obama died every time something like this happens. I get that Andy was the lead of the show, but when you announce that he's still going to appear in a bunch of movies afterward, it lessens any emotional impact they are trying to convey. The most interesting thing Scott Gimple said was that they are going to do other things based on past characters who are already dead. They did a feature length episode with Morgan once, I'd love one about Abraham and the crew setting out on their journey before they meet Glenn. I hope they don't overload us with content, this show is already on the verge of being stale as is.

All things considered, I thought that Sunday's episode was one of the best TWD shows I've watched in a really long time. That was one helluva sendoff for Rick Grimes, and I'm excited to see what the next 3 episodes have in store for the other survivors - after the 6 year time gap.

And oh... WAKE UP! XD

Interesting episode, but a good one. I'm really enjoying this season so far.

Michonne's kid RJ, can't be Rick's right? I suppose that'll be a reveal, but he seems to young to be Rick's.

Rosita and Gabriel's relationship seems a bit random, but I suppose I dig it. Gabriel is really batting out of his league. :lol:

Did they change Magda's name to Magna? Or was she always Magna in the comics? I like that Luke guy.

I do not like Carol's new hair.

Finally the Whisperers!

RJ is Rick's kid, I'm pretty sure Rick Jr. is his name. Plus they called him a Richonne baby on Talking Dead, so that basically confirms it lol

I don't like Gabriel and Rosita but maybe they'll grow on me. It just seems too random to me right now, but I mean...Glenn and Maggie lmao Who would've thought Father Gabriel had all this game? :lol:

I do find it kinda unbelievable that a deaf person would be surviving 9 years into the apocalypse tbh

Well...She'S silent enough to not attract any workers and with the right groups/protection, it might actually work.

EDIT: nvm. Was thinking of a mute person. Yeah. Being deaf seems like a easy death sentence, unless you get really lucky. Or have the right group

Well I mean because she can't hear things creeping up on her lol. I get that if you had the right group a deaf person could survive for a time, but you legit have to be on guard 24/7. I'm not criticising it as having a deaf person on something like this is quite unique and interesting, It's just hard to buy it. Same with zombies still being around 9 years later, but at this point I can't pick and choose what parts of this made up scenario I'd buy or not.

Archived