The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Lauren Cohan is out too.

BU4LuYC.jpg

Season 5 to season 9. Damn.

I think it's time for AMC to cut their losses after season 9. Trim the fat of the cast, get rid of guys like Tara, Jadis, Oceanside and Euegene and send them back on the road again. Norman Reedus is going to need a solid supporting cast around him and they have a few they could use. Carol is a must. Her relationship with Daryl should be a major angle of the show going forward and we know how popular they are with shippers. Even if Daryl & Carol remain platonic, it's something they can explore. Aaron, Gabriel, Ezekiel & Jerry are all good bodies to have around. They can also explore the relationship between Ezekiel and Carol and Jerry is decent comic relief. I don't want to lose Eugene because he's of the better written and more interesting characters, but I don't see why they'd keep him around and drag him on the road with them. Plus he's kinda served his purpose, maybe he can go out doing something for Rosita. They always want to have a kid around for some reason. so Judith can stick around.

Just give the show a new direction and give it a tighter focus.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'll be damn... Madison really is dead.

I hope not since they rather teased it then showed it.

It could be a Situation like Glens when he went under the garbage container hiding and saving himself.

In her case it could be that the Walkers are distracted by the torch she has thrown on the ground while she can slip through them or find a other way to escape and reappear later in the season.

I hope that because they didn't saw he actually die which is something I think they would definately do if she were really dead. At least I'm still Holding on to the hope since I don't want to lose her. :P

Althea might be acting weird sometimes which might make her unlikeable to some but I find her very interesting and refreshing as a character which makes me like her a lot. :)

So how much of the original cast is left

The Walking Dead

Daryl and Carol are the only ones since Season 1

Others Mains remaining for now are:

- Michonne since Season 2

- Tara since Season 4

- Eugene since Season 4

- Rosita since Season 4

- Gabriel since Season 5

- Aaron since Season 5

- Jesus since Season 6

All the others are rather supporting characters.

Fear the Walking Dead

- Alicia and Victor are the only ones since Season 1 now that Madison is indeed dead. :(

Other Mains for now are:

- Luciana since Season 2

- Althea, Naomi, John and Morgan since Season 4

Here's AMC's statement:

"We have had a positive working relationship with Chris Hardwick for many years. We take the troubling allegations that surfaced yesterday very seriously. While we assess the situation, Talking With Chris Hardwick will not air on AMC, and Chris has decided to step aside from moderating planned AMC and BBC America panels at Comic-Con International in San Diego next month."

Where do they mention they've pulled Talking Dead and have cut ties with Hardwick? Unless there's some other statement from AMC, IGN is jumping to conclusion.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally managed to catch the trailer. Was really well done and it gave me a little hope for season 9. I have low expectations, but it certainly seemed like they were alloted some budget this year. :lol:

I don't love Talking Dead it's rather superficial and unnecessary, but I've always liked Chris Hardwick. I'm glad nothing is coming to fruition with these allegations (not saying I'm hoping he did it and is getting away with it, more than I'm believing he's innocent.) He is a good fit for these shows, he's very charismatic and easy to watch. His comedic style is a little grating, but it's perfect for these types of shows.

Anyway, I finally caught up with season 4A of Fear and I really loved it. Not sure what peoples opinions on the season so far is, but I thought Morgan, John Dorie and Althea were great additions to the cast and the non-linear storytelling was a breath of fresh air. Can't wait to see where they take it now without Madison.

• 2 months later...

So the fourth season of FTWD ended tonight. The season began strong (arguably the best it's ever been) with its first half, but its second half was... almost the worst it's ever been? Seriously, it felt like they changed showrunners again midway through this season; the quality was that divergent.

Now, we got the season of TWD where Rick dies to look forward to. Great.

Archived