The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately there is no real endgame in the apocalypse. I would hate it if they suddenly find a city or country still surviving somehow. They should just have Rick die and end it there, having whoever is left (if any) to wander off. Daryl and Judith seem like a good bet.

I used to think Rick would die, sacrificing himself for Carl and Judith, but now with Carl gone that wont happen. Not unless they time skip Judith so she's a bit older and do it with just her.

I liked the format of this episode, with the black screen with a name dividing the episode into parts.

Damn, Jadis :/

As soon as I saw Enid I wondered how she'll react to finding out about Carl

Simon *censored*ed up, his Trevor came out

Negan's initial reaction to Carl's death :(. He definitely liked Carl (even though he was probably gonna kill him before Shiva made the save that one time?). I feel like for a second he was willing to negotiate until Rick continued being hostile.

• 2 weeks later...

This episode (8x12) was refreshingly great imo (best of this season probably)

- that whole thing with Rick and Negan >

- Lucille w/ burn ability >>

- Georgie sus af

- Simon Trevor taking over, Dwight siding with Simon and then realizing Simon's more *censored*ed than Negan :lol:

- oh shit Jadis

Yeah fun episode, certainly a highlight of the season so far. The Negan-Rick fight felt kinda campy and B-movie horror-esque, but I enjoyed it quite a bit. I did watch it at 2 am though and I've forgotten some things so I'll have to rewatch today.

How did Simon mislead Dwight, Paper? That escapes my memory.

Also can any comic readers tell me if Georgie and her weird quest for knowledge are from the comics?

Simon was telling Dwight that they should "move on." The way Dwight (and the audience) took it was that they should move on from the war and Rick's group. But really what Simon meant was that the Saviors should move on without Negan and attack the Hilltop.

Georgie isn't in the comics. But she slightly resembles a new comic character named Pamela Milton who's the governor to a community called the Commonwealth. So people are assuming she's that character but personally, I'm not so sure.

Just watched it again for clarification, it must have went over my head last night too. Cool little mislead I wonder what Dwight will do? I really like Simon's character they seem to write him with ease. Ogg is a fun actor too and gives Simon so much life.

Yeah I've heard of the Commonwealth so I was wondering if this was their take on it, although I thought it was a bit early for them to introduce that whole deal. Isn't the Commonwealth fairly new? Given this season was filmed last year I would assume it's not them. Although the leading theory is that Georgie and whoever her people are, she has something to do with that helicopter and that keycard Tara found after Heath went missing. Don't remember that? Neither did I :lol:, but it would fit. I guess.

Just watched it again for clarification, it must have went over my head last night too. Cool little mislead I wonder what Dwight will do? I really like Simon's character they seem to write him with ease. Ogg is a fun actor too and gives Simon so much life.

Yeah I've heard of the Commonwealth so I was wondering if this was their take on it, although I thought it was a bit early for them to introduce that whole deal. Isn't the Commonwealth fairly new? Given this season was filmed last year I would assume it's not them. Although the leading theory is that Georgie and whoever her people are, she has something to do with that helicopter and that keycard Tara found after Heath went missing. Don't remember that? Neither did I :lol:, but it would fit. I guess.

I assumed that was related to Jadis and her people, Simon mentioned that there's a helipad etc at the dump. I don't think Georgie's connected to them.

I assumed that was related to Jadis and her people, Simon mentioned that there's a helipad etc at the dump. I don't think Georgie's connected to them.

I don't know if y'all remember but in one of the episodes of the first half of this season, Rick was walking alone in the woods somewhere (I think heading towards the Sanctuary) and a helicopter had flew over him. Maybe that was from Georgie's camp.

• 2 weeks later...

Season 3 of Fear finally hit Amazon Prime so I decided to watch the first episode. It was really enjoyable and there was a survival feeling I've not had with TWD proper for years now. It's been a while since I watched season 2 (and even then I skipped a few of the early episodes by recommendation) so I had to remember who everyone was.

Looking forward to completing the season.

So have TWD and FTWD time synced with each other now?

Apparently so. Anyone know if they talk about both now on Talking Dead tho? I'm tryna watch, but also tryna avoid FTWD spoilers til I'm caught up. :lol:

I audibly groaned when I saw Maggie and Daryl turning on Rick and Michonne. Not really sure what Michonne has done wrong? Or Rick for that matter, but him I can understand more. Maggie has turned into such a boring/nothing character so much so that I hope Lauren Cohan leaves the show like is rumoured.

Also why exactly is Jesus with them? Not that he did anything much at all this season, but the ONE thing he did do was the whole 'we do not need to kill them' thing. I'm happy with the rest of the episode I guess, but that sucked hard.

So have TWD and FTWD time synced with each other now?

Apparently so. Anyone know if they talk about both now on Talking Dead tho? I'm tryna watch, but also tryna avoid FTWD spoilers til I'm caught up. :lol:

I'll let you know if they talk about both in a little while. I'm just finishing up the finale of season 3 of Fear. It's been good.

They do talk about both shows on Talking Dead, Fight Me. :)

Yeah, Talking Dead covered the Fear premiere.

Re: Jesus -- He's Maggie's closest confidant at Hilltop; he's just hearing her out. I don't think he is for attacking Rick and Michonne. I don't think anyone is at this point necessarily. Maggie and Daryl are simply unhappy with Rick's decision and they're hellbent on taking out the man who has caused them so much pain. I doubt this will lead to an actual civil war, though.

Archived