The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Ah...I was so ready to cast Daniel off as a complete piece of shit...but he redeemed himself at the end.

Same for me! :D

I love this season and I'm happy they took the time to fill up some gaps in the last Episode. :)

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've heard good things abour Fear this season. I gave up before season 1 ended and tbh I don't wanna start it again. Where is a good point to potentially pick it up again?

Honestly, you need to just suck it up and watch it all. Otherwise, you'll miss how certain characters even come to exist in the show. If you can't do that for whatever reason, then you at least need to know about key events in season 2. Maybe read the recaps of events in the first half of season 2 (if you can't bring yourself to just watch the whole thing)...but I'd say that you definitely need to watch episode 7 of season 2 (titled "Shiva")...and then everything from that point on. The second half of season 2 is important to the entirety of season 3.

Yeah...read full synopsis of all the episodes up to "Shiva" and then watch everything after that.

A good recap of all the episodes can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_the_Walking_Dead_(season_2)

So I've heard good things abour Fear this season. I gave up before season 1 ended and tbh I don't wanna start it again. Where is a good point to potentially pick it up again?

Honestly, you need to just suck it up and watch it all. Otherwise, you'll miss how certain characters even come to exist in the show. If you can't do that for whatever reason, then you at least need to know about key events in season 2. Maybe read the recaps of events in the first half of season 2 (if you can't bring yourself to just watch the whole thing)...but I'd say that you definitely need to watch episode 7 of season 2 (titled "Shiva")...and then everything from that point on. The second half of season 2 is important to the entirety of season 3.

Yeah...read full synopsis of all the episodes up to "Shiva" and then watch everything after that.

A good recap of all the episodes can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fear_the_Walking_Dead_(season_2)

Cheers dude. Yeah I definitely wasn't gonna watch season 1 again, but I'll read the recaps.

Honestly, season 1 was entirely skippable. It was really only necessary for someone who wants to know the complete story behind the main characters. And, as the show goes on, the focus shifts away from those characters anyway, so you're left with something that really never required you to know most of those things anyway. So, I don't entirely fault you for that.

There will be things sprinkled into later episodes, alluding to certain personality traits or whatever, but...not essential. And the same goes for the first half of season 2, like I said...I think it's still worth watching, but that's just because I don't mind the early episodes in shows like these.

It's hard to know if characters from certain episodes will return at some point...and then someone who seemed unimportant might end up being a key character, and that is a risk that you run if you skip things...but, to my knowledge, watching from "Shiva" onward should catch you up on the important things (at least as it pertains to what is currently happening at this exact moment in season 3). Again...you could potentially arrive at a point where you say "I don't understand what is happening"...but it should be alright for the time being. Maybe if you get into the show from where things currently are, you'll be motivated to go back and watch it all. That's your call.

Yeah, if you're going to skip episodes, I agree that the second half of season 2 would probably be the best place to start since you would have a solid understanding as to where the characters are in their lives.

I suppose I'll be the dissenting voice here and say that my response to show and this season is still pretty lukewarm. I thought the first episode as a whole was a miss opportunity. Without getting into spoilers, I thought more could have been done with the material. For the second episode, I loved how it began (as it much pains me to say that) but the rest of the episode and episode 3, I wasn't very fond of since the direction they've chosen to go this season (or at least this half) is such familiar territory if you watch TWD. The believability of the scenario that they've set up is also highly questionable. However, episode 4 arrived and that was an unexpected success. Quite frankly, it blew me away mainly because it was different from anything we've seen on the show so far. I sure hope we get more of that.

GOOD EPISODE OF FEAR!

Glad the episodes are following both "sides" of the cast again. I prefer it that way more than the 1 episode 1 story.

The crow eating that dudes brain while he was still alive was crazy!

One of my best friends got me this as an early birthday gift, pretty damn cool! (autographed script from the main show's pilot)

bTyqhTX.jpg

That's really cool, where did they get it from?

Started watching Fear from the middle of season 2 episode called "Grotesque" which was about the junkie man, Stannis Baratheon's son walking around Mexico.

He's the only interesting character so far. Madison and the black guy are annoying as hell, so is Travis and his son. I quite like Alicia because she's hot, but other than that I can't say I'm interested in any of them. I enjoy seeing more areas and aspects of the walker apocalypse, which is probably my most interesting thing about this show. However, acting in general is poorer than TWD proper.

Alicia wasn't too bad in the 2nd half of the season but in the 1st half she was pretty moronic. Currently, for what it's worth, in season 3 she's unbearable.

Nick was probably the worst character around this period for me because he left his family in the zombie apocalypse for such bullshit reasons and then afterwards the writers put him into a phony romantic relationship.

Travis and Chris' plot should pick up soon. I think they're the best thing about this half of the season.

BTW after this episode the zombies become rather peripheral if I recall correctly. IMO one of the worst things about this show are the zombies. They're so non-threatening and minor.

Alicia wasn't too bad in the 2nd half of the season but in the 1st half she was pretty moronic. Currently, for what it's worth, in season 3 she's unbearable.

Nick was probably the worst character around this period for me because he left his family in the zombie apocalypse for such bullshit reasons and then afterwards the writers put him into a phony romantic relationship.

Travis and Chris' plot should pick up soon. I think they're the best thing about this half of the season.

BTW after this episode the zombies become rather peripheral if I recall correctly. IMO one of the worst things about this show are the zombies. They're so non-threatening and minor.

If I was Nick I'd have left that family ages ago. I think he's the only pragmatic one tbh and that's what I find interesting about him compared to anyone else. Travis is kinda pragmatic too, but he's also more concerned with his idiot son.

Eh I'm used to the zombies being non-threatening from the main show, that doesn't bother me so much.

I don't know if I consider Nick pragmatic in this situation. His family isn't that screwed up where the best option is to wander off alone at night without a plan in an unfamiliar country. That doesn't sound like a very sensible thing to do. He left his family because he has Mommy issues and feels like she doesn't support him even though that's all she's done in his life. (There's also the whole don't-treat-zombies-as-monsters thing he believed in which he suddenly and conveniently abandons later). I suppose the writers are trying to stay true to him being a flighty junkie-screwup who makes bad decisions but him abandoning his family at that point in the narrative was so ridiculous that it made him look at best a dumbass and at worst a complete insufferable asshole.

When it comes to the main show, I'm more forgiving with the way the zombies are since we're further in the apocalypse and they're more experienced. Even though I would love more actual zombie survival material, we're past it; we've watched them survive the zombies. For FTWD, I don't think I've seen seem them do that enough. They keep hopping from one well-secured or isolated shelter after the other every half season. First season, they're in a militarized zone. Second season A, they're on a boat sailing in the ocean and then they're at the villa. Second season B, they're at the hotel, the Colonia, or the farm. Third season, they're at a ranch. So they've barely been in the heart of the zombie apocalypse surviving because they keep getting whisked away into safe, secured shelters. And then when they do get to face some zombies, they dispatch them with too much ease considering their sheltered life and lack of experience. Consequently, because of their safe shelters and their proficiency at eliminating zombies, every time we get a scene or sequence of them fighting the dead, it just feels like it's shoehorned into the plot for the sake of conflict and gore. Now admittedly, that last aspect affects TWD as well but to me, it feels far less often.

I didn't watch anything with Nick and his mother, I skipped all of that and still don't know why he left. However, he's pragmatic when he's with Colonia. He's brokering deals, keeping kids safe, doing shit with the drugs and convincing people to leave because it's what's best.

So yeah I'd call him pragmatic.

You said "If I was Nick I'd have left that family ages ago" and then in the very next sentence you called him pragmatic without ever mentioning the Colonia. How else I am supposed to read that other than you inferring that Nick made a wise, practical decision leaving his family? So that's cool you think he's pragmatic when comes it to the Colonia but that wasn't something that was brought up until, y'know, just now...

On a side note: Nick being allowed in the Colonia's inner circle and gaining the power that he did in such a short period of time was as ludicrous as his reasoning behind leaving his family.

Surprised you don't like Victor then. Brokering deals is his entire gimmick.

And I don't know why my last comment got deleted tbh. Unless it was a glitch and it wasn't posted properly...

I'm not seeing any recent deleted posts from you from this topic in the ModCP, so it looks like something on your end went wrong.

You said "If I was Nick I'd have left that family ages ago" and then in the very next sentence you called him pragmatic without ever mentioning the Colonia. How else I am supposed to read that other than you inferring that Nick made a wise, practical decision leaving his family? So that's cool you think he's pragmatic when comes it to the Colonia but that wasn't something that was brought up until, y'know, just now...

On a side note: Nick being allowed in the Colonia's inner circle and gaining the power that he did in such a short period of time was as ludicrous as his reasoning behind leaving his family.

Well I did say mention where I picked up the series, with the episode where Nick is wandering Mexico and gets to Colonia. Therefor me saying Nick is pragmatic would be from then on... you said it yourself that all the reasoning for Nick leaving happened in season 2A. So I wouldn't have seen that. Nick being in Colonia was the only part of him I was referring too, the whole time.

I was specifically talking about his story in Colonia, guess I didn't make that specific enough.

Also me saying "if I was Nick i would have left that family ages ago" really wasn't supposed sure be taken seriously, like, it was a jest comment from what you said.

I love Madison in season 3 so far. Alicia started cracking and Nick finally started to use his brain. :P

Daniel gives me mixed feelings cause I like him in one scene and want to see him dead like 2 minutes later because he is annoying me so much.

Wondering how the hotel fell and what really happen there. :o

If Maria or anyone else survived at all and what happen to ofelia after she was taken from the military guy back in season 2.

Would be also cool if we get to see Alex again at some Point.

^ Ugh, I hope we don't see anything related to the hotel ever again. lol Ofelia looks like she'll be with Walker's group based on the promotional materials AMC foolishly released.

Well I did say mention where I picked up the series, with the episode where Nick is wandering Mexico and gets to Colonia. Therefor me saying Nick is pragmatic would be from then on... you said it yourself that all the reasoning for Nick leaving happened in season 2A. So I wouldn't have seen that. Nick being in Colonia was the only part of him I was referring too, the whole time.

I was specifically talking about his story in Colonia, guess I didn't make that specific enough.

Also me saying "if I was Nick i would have left that family ages ago" really wasn't supposed sure be taken seriously, like, it was a jest comment from what you said.

No, you weren't clear. Clarity is key. If you were clear and precise with your words and actually gave examples to support your claim instead of expecting others to fill in the blanks for you, I wouldn't have had to waste time rambling on about a so-so show like this.

Also, I know you didn't see the first half, but I thought you had at least read the recaps and were aware of what happened with Nick and why he left his family. I guess not?

Archived