The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest I expect the show to be over very soon. It seems like we had all our characters, they all died, and we're subsequently replace with similar characters, and now a lot of them are dead. It's gotten to the point where the only characters left that I even care about what happens to them are Darryl and Rick. And Rick is only off principle of him being the main character. So I just hope they go the Breaking Bad route and quit while they're ahead and the quality is still preserved. And not the Supernatural route of ruining a perfectly good ending and complete story to milk it for cash.

Well considering both BB and Supernatural didn't have another media to base itself on it's different. The Walking Dead TV show will be as good as long as the comic book is good so they can use that to base things on. There are still several characters that we're yet to see on TV that are in the novels who the majority of the fan base are eagerly awaiting.

The show wont end anytime soon, not at all.

Really looking forwards to this starting again. I got my family to start watching it today they watched almost the whole of the first series when they came home from work and are hooked on it. :shifty: I'm hoping that Rick and Daryl don't die anytime soon, or Maggie, she's too sexy to die. :shifty:

Or they will find a cure and everyone will live happily ever after.

I really hope not. I was pondering over the ending of the show the other day. Someone raised the idea of Rick waking up from his coma, whilst that would be a horrifically terrible at first thought it would be very interesting if they did right. A theory someone had was that all the main characters were people he knew in real life, so like Hershel, Dale, Andrea, Glenn, Maggie etc are acquaintances he has IRL, but their personalities are different to what we see in the show.

It would also be good to see both Shane and Lori again.

Tbh I don't think the show will end with the end of the walker apocalypse. That world will live on (no pun intended) but the story with our characters will end. My ideal ending would be Rick on his death bed (not literally, but minutes away from dying) with him cycling through a montage of memories. A few pre-apoc' things before going into the major moments of the show.

Another would be Rick and Carl being the last two left and Rick finally gets bitten. So like Carl having to shoot Shane and Lori, it comes full circle and he has to shoot Walker-Rick. Then Carl rides off into the sunset on a horse like Rick did in Episode 1.

But Daryl... I can't handle him dying I would be crying on the floor I'm sure.

You, me and everyone else.

Also I just found out that Michael Cudlitz (Bull from Band of Brothers) is going to be playing Abraham. That is AMAZING!

You know Daryl will go out in a badass fashion. It will definitely be hard to top Merle, though...

Drinking whiskey and listening to Motorhead in a muscle car to attract a horde of zombies and then ambushing and killing almost every one of his enemies before delivering the line "I ain't gonna beg" and being killed by super-douche is pretty hard to top on the badass scale.

You know Daryl will go out in a badass fashion. It will definitely be hard to top Merle, though...

Drinking whiskey and listening to Motorhead in a muscle car to attract a horde of zombies and then ambushing and killing almost every one of his enemies before delivering the line "I ain't gonna beg" and being killed by super-douche is pretty hard to top on the badass scale.

I dont think he needs to top Merle's badassery. Merle was a cold, bad ass through-and-through, he just didn't care. Daryl on the other hand is a sentimental character as well as a badass. He'll have a much more sentimental death.

Merle had to do that to even somewhat redeem himself to everyone else, including us (which he didn't really completely to me tbh). Daryl has nothing to prove anymore. He will probably go out swinging but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a super tragic death to destroy us.

I honestly don't think they'll lose too many viewers when Daryl pops it. Its obvious they're going to keep him around for a long time, he'll probably be the last to die off before Rick and Carl. If they give him a great death, which they kinda have too, its impossible not too really and if the show doesn't go on much longer after him then they'll be fine.

I could see it being something like Carlos' death in Resident Evil: Extinction.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3ymSRcLki4

Rick should have kept the damn tank from Season 1.

How would he have known he'd need it?
Why wouldn't you need it? He could have travelled with the group (or atleast some of them) in it. It's just a great tool to have in the walker apocalypse.
It woukd be dead weight what it brokendown ran out of gas and oh yeah not knowibg how tp drive an fn tank

Rick should have kept the damn tank from Season 1.

How would he have known he'd need it?
Why wouldn't you need it? He could have travelled with the group (or atleast some of them) in it. It's just a great tool to have in the walker apocalypse.
It woukd be dead weight what it brokendown ran out of gas and oh yeah not knowibg how tp drive an fn tank

Please, type properly.

I miss Merle! :(

Archived