The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

oh.my.god.

R.I.P Hershel :(

I was like *Censored* YES when Michone struck her sword on governor's chest

I bet that woman missed the shot on Govahnuh on purpose.

I hope I'm not the only one that noticed the zombie girl in the coat at the end was the british woman rick had to kill a few episodes back.

I bet someone took the baby to the bus, that carrier was too clean for a baby to get eaten from it

Nah, she shot him, they confirmed it on TTD....I thought The Guv'Nah was gon' hold up Herschel's head and scream "THIS IS SPARTAHHHH!!!!"

One thing I really like about this show though. Deaths connect with the audience so well, cause they connect with the cast while they're filming. To the point where they cry for each other. Few shows/movies accomplish that.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy *censored*ing shit. This episode was too much. One of the best of the series for sure.

I can't believe Hershel's dead. And decapitated. :cry: I'm so glad the Gov finally got what he deserved. Son of a bitch got shot by his own girl, too.

I don't think the kids were stupid enough to leave a baby behind, I'd be surprised if they really did. Speaking of the kids, it was a great, yet scary moment when they killed two people without hesitation (dat headshot).

It really sucks that we have to wait until February for new episodes. I hate cliffhangers at times. :fedup:

That episode was LAME. So ungodly lame, but at least it seems like there will be no more *censored*ing prison forever.... HURRAAAAAYY.

They could have done something really cool with the Governor... Like actually had character development BUT NOPE same old *censored*

Can't please everyone.

That episode was LAME. So ungodly lame, but at least it seems like there will be no more *censored*ing prison forever.... HURRAAAAAYY.

They could have done something really cool with the Governor... Like actually had character development BUT NOPE same old *censored*

Can't please everyone.

I do understand if people really enjoyed it. I just thought it was so predictable. I almost predicted everything that happened, and I felt it was a year too late for a prison attack.

I wanted the show to follow the life of the new Governor as he is a changed man on the road protecting his new family. I REALLY loved that episode a few weeks ago, but it just ended up being useless.

I also hope we never ever see the Prison again. Personally I think it was far, far worse and more boring then the farm ever was.

We wont be seeing the prison again, I think thats pretty obvious. The group is scattered so we'll be changing from character to character up until season 5 I reckon. Also Hershel was my fave and it sucks to see him go, but damn did it make for some powerful stuff! Cannot wait until February!

It was really hard to see Hershel die. But you knew it was coming when they showed that closeup with the wind blowing through his hair. He was 100% at peace in that shot.

I knew it was coming because someone on Instagram spoiled it! :( but even then, with the smile he gave you knew the inevitable was close! So first Dale, now Hershel, does anyone else think they'll find a new old guy who will be the voice of reason?

It was really hard to see Hershel die. But you knew it was coming when they showed that closeup with the wind blowing through his hair. He was 100% at peace in that shot.

I knew it was coming because someone on Instagram spoiled it! :( but even then, with the smile he gave you knew the inevitable was close! So first Dale, now Hershel, does anyone else think they'll find a new old guy who will be the voice of reason?

Morgan? :D

it a good day for a fan last night episode and now today I saw images of walking dead season 2

Funnily enough i've seen several full episodes of season 2 :o
I think he was talking about Telltale ' s Walking Dead videogame season 2

Can't please everyone.

I do understand if people really enjoyed it. I just thought it was so predictable. I almost predicted everything that happened, and I felt it was a year too late for a prison attack.

I wanted the show to follow the life of the new Governor as he is a changed man on the road protecting his new family. I REALLY loved that episode a few weeks ago, but it just ended up being useless.

I also hope we never ever see the Prison again. Personally I think it was far, far worse and more boring then the farm ever was.

Governor wasn't even a "changed man" in the comics, he was a sociopath. So I don't know why you'd expect different from the show. But its obvious that episode was designed to show how he lured his followers in, hence why the episode prior to last nights, he'd say over and over again "Everyone loves a Hero".

The killing of Herschel and Lily's daughter, showed his "new family", well two out of three of them anyway, who he really was. A revenge driven, cold and emotionless, sociopath.

^ It wasn't that straight forward.

I think it's obvious that he wanted to change. He really did want to be a different person, but he accepted that he couldn't escape who he was. I believe that had he not fallen into that hole and been taken in by the new camp...he would have actually continued to transform into a better person. I think when that happened - when he reconnected with the character from his past life, and more so, when that character began bring back memories of his past life, that's when he fully reverted back to the person that he used to be. Even then, there were shreds of humanity left inside him when he would interact with the little girl. Although, it was obvious that he cared more about possessing the girl than actually caring for her. Which, again...I don't think would have happened if he hadn't reconnected with his old partner.

As said I said before, from the line he repeated throughout that entire episode...

"Everyone Loves A Hero" implies to me and made it obvious that it was a scheme of his all along to gather and rally troops to go take over prison. He knew very well he hadn't changed, he didn't want to change. He lured them in by pretending to be exactly what they wanted to see him be, the hero. He didn't care about the daughter, it seemed that way in his "welcome back" episode so to speak, but it became obvious that he didn't care. Didn't he care about his own daughter? Didn't he go to extreme lengths to preserve the memory of his daughter, by keeping the walkerfied version of her captive and continuing to love her and hold on to that part of his daughter that he thought was still there? He didn't even kill his daughter, Michonne did and hee hated her for that. If he really changed and cared about Lily and that girl, wouldn't he have done the same for her? Instead he shot her, with no hesitation. Him being the same guy just following a plan, I think is further solidified when Lily shot him. She too realized what he'd been all along, and how he simply used them. He didn't care for any of them, again, he portrayed himself as the hero because he knew thats what they needed, and thats how he drew them in.

So yeah, it was that straight-forward. To me, anyway.

Governor formed a bond with the daughter and not the mother, I thought that was obvious. Meghan made him laugh and smile and he could only be around her if Lily was there. Also he got to tap dat ass so he aint compaining. Generations is right, if he hadn't have fallen in the pit and reconnected with Martinez then he wouldn't have reverted back to his old self. It was only then when he realized that he had people that he could use and a lot of firepower I.E a *censored*ing tank! He even said to Hershel in the camper not to call him The Governor. I believe that he didn't need revenge and that he only wanted to care for the girl so thats why he used everyone to try and take the prison and provide a secure place for her.it was only until Rick made the final speech that he realized the prison group weren't budging so he went full psycho and cut poor Hershel's head off.

Also anyone skeptical on his death, don't bother. It was confirmed on Talking Dead.

Archived