The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone wondering what, or who, the name of the premiere episode, "The Suicide King", could be referring to?

Merle and Daryl are supposed to fight to the death. So...maybe one of them offers their life to save the other? I don't know...

One of the official synopsis.

"After the invasion of Woodbury by Rick's group, Darryl is captured by the Governor. The Governor then pits Darryl and his brother Meryle to figh each other. Meanwhile, Rick decides the fate of of the newcomers led by fan comic favorite Tyreese."

I personally think that the episode title refers to Meryle, since it has been shown he'll protect Darryl no matter what. Blood is thicker then water. I'm just speculating at this point, but I think the Governor will test Meryle's loyalty to him & Woodbury. During the course of all this, Meryle gets fed up which leads to the downfall for the rest of the episode.

Since the brothers were created specifically for the show, it's difficult to predict the path the characters will go.

Not everyone reads the source material. Put comic spoilers in tags and mark them in future.

Which is sad, and one of the reasons the adaptations are so dumbed down and pussified is because people refuse to read the source material. They didn't need to do that with 300, Sin City and to a point Watchmen. But, it is what it is, band wagons get full for a reason, and people tend to NEVER respect the source and the fans that made the books popular in the first place.

Oh yes, it's everyone elses fault for not wanting to read volumes of comics just in order to catch up with current storylines of Walking Dead, the television show. Even though certain characters differ between the two, as well as certain instances & happenings..

Anyway, I take back what I said about AMC's lack of storytelling. Being able to see Rick go through shit that has now morphed him from a model citizen to a true nutcase in the flesh.

Not everyone reads the source material. Put comic spoilers in tags and mark them in future.

Which is sad, and one of the reasons the adaptations are so dumbed down and pussified is because people refuse to read the source material. They didn't need to do that with 300, Sin City and to a point Watchmen. But, it is what it is, band wagons get full for a reason, and people tend to NEVER respect the source and the fans that made the books popular in the first place.

Oh yes, it's everyone elses fault for not wanting to read volumes of comics just in order to catch up with current storylines of Walking Dead, the television show. Even though certain characters differ between the two, as well as certain instances & happenings..

Anyway, I take back what I said about AMC's lack of storytelling. Being able to see Rick go through shit that has now morphed him from a model citizen to a true nutcase in the flesh.

True, Because when the Governor DIES, it will probably be very different from the comics. More or less.

Not much to talk about regarding last night's episode...

I'm hoping that Merle gets bit and thus, Daryl has to kill him, at which point he returns to the group. But the group will probably have already been forced from the prison at that point, so he will find them somewhere else and join back up. I feel like zombie Merle is inevitable..especially since he now has a sword for a hand. I figure he will probably stab Daryl while struggling to bite him. Either that, or Merle will be about to turn and he will stab himself. Also, I think it's inevitable that the baby gets killed soon. They really can't be carrying a baby around for the whole show. She died in the comics when the attack took place on the prison, so I wonder if she will die the same way in the show.

^ Yet again, the show doesn't follow the exact same story arc as the comic, so you should really stop referring to scenes from the comic as if the're guaranteed to happen in the show. In the comic, Shane died in the first few issues, Lori was shot by outsiders long after she'd already given birth, Rick lost his hand (not Merle), Daryl and Merle didn't even exist. The number of differences is staggering. It's a possibility that we may see things from the comic, but there's no guarantee. I would actually hazard a guess that it's more likely we will not. The creator has been quoted saying he wants the show to be different.

^ Yet again, the show doesn't follow the exact same story arc as the comic, so you should really stop referring to scenes from the comic as if the're guaranteed to happen in the show. In the comic, Shane died in the first few issues, Lori was shot by outsiders long after she'd already given birth, Rick lost his hand (not Merle), Daryl and Merle didn't even exist. The number of differences is staggering. It's a possibility that we may see things from the comic, but there's no guarantee. I would actually hazard a guess that it's more likely we will not. The creator has been quoted saying he wants the show to be different.

YET AGAIN, just because you are so convinced they are different, why do you care. Get over it my friend. The comics existed LONG before the bandwagon show, so I don't feel I HAVE to stop ''referring'' to them. Thanks

OH YEAH? WELL....WELL, SHUT UP. HOW ABOUT THAT?

OH YEAH? WELL....WELL, SHUT UP. HOW ABOUT THAT?

Is this to me? If so......get off it. I will comment in this discussion how I choose it. Insults and all that won't change a thing.

YET AGAIN, just because you are so convinced they are different, why do you care. Get over it my friend. The comics existed LONG before the bandwagon show, so I don't feel I HAVE to stop ''referring'' to them. Thanks

Who told you to stop referring to the comics? I read the comics before the show came out. I understand the storyline of the comics, but when you post a part of the comic's storyline and state it as if it's the future of the show, I believe I'm entitled to state that you're not necessarily right. It's foolish to say "this is what will happen, because it happened in the comic"...since almost every time someone has tried to predict something based on the comic it has been wrong. Just saying.

Who told you to stop referring to the comics? I read the comics before the show came out. I understand the storyline of the comics, but when you post a part of the comic's storyline and state it as if it's the future of the show, I believe I'm entitled to state that you're not necessarily right. It's foolish to say "this is what will happen, because it happened in the comic"...since almost every time someone has tried to predict something based on the comic it has been wrong. Just saying.

It's not ''Foolish'' as YOU don't even know if that will be how it happens. But either way, I'll drop it because he hasn't died yet, so we don't know how it will happen, or if.

Archived