The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe they killed off T-Dog II to make room for T-Dog III. I guess T-Dog III can at least teach the others to box.

Good episode overall. The end part with the crowd was bit cheesy.

God damn is Andrea the worst character on Television though. Michonne might be second. Their attempts to make her bad ass make her look stupid.

Turns two of my comments were already done. >_>

Spoiler for profanity more than actual spoiler:

Andrea needs to eat a bag of dicks. I'm tired of her sucking at life.

Agreed, every scene involving her is usually annoying due to her stupidity, same went with Lori.

Anyway, another great episode looking forward to the next one

Great episode. I love how Glenn's becoming more and more badass. February can't come fast enough.

I totally didn't see the Governor turning on Merle though. I thought we'd see Merle vs. Daryl, but now it seems that won't even happen.

And Tyreese ironically debuted in the TV series just when I started reading Issue 7.

As for the future of Daryl, I think he will be saved. If you watch the preview for the continuation of the season, you see smoke in the crowd, and the Governor is looking confused. My guess is that Rick and the others come to his rescue just in time and use some more smoke grenades to lay cover. Although, they may have just made it look that way to keep us hoping. I really hope they aren't dumb enough to kill off the only character that most people like.

I just finished season 2 so I'm trying my hardest to avoid reading most of this topic. But does anyone else feel like this show is really inconsistent as far as what is causing the zombies and who becomes one? It seems to me as the show has progressed they've changed the mythology or whatever you want to call it to fit what will make the show better that episode.

I just finished season 2 so I'm trying my hardest to avoid reading most of this topic. But does anyone else feel like this show is really inconsistent as far as what is causing the zombies and who becomes one? It seems to me as the show has progressed they've changed the mythology or whatever you want to call it to fit what will make the show better that episode.

well, it all depends. Are the things you think they're changing things that you ASSUMED were fact, or were they things the show literally said were one thing in one episode, then another thing down the line? Because I highly doubt they make the storyline up as they go along.

I disagree actually. I'll put some of their 'rules' up

+ Everyone in the world is infected.

+ You become a zombie after you die unless you get killed/shoot zombie in the head.

+ You can become a zombie through scratch or bite. The process is long but the virus attacks your immune system, slowly killing you. If the game can be a guide, let's say a week, max?

+ If bitten, swift amputation of the infected limb can prevent turning.

+ Removing mouths/teeth from Zombies cause them to lose interest in eating.

+ Zombies can be fooled by their own smell.

+ Zombies can be attracted by loud noises.

I don't believe I spoiled anything and I don't think I left any nothing out.

I just did research and wrote an essay in philosophy, for my final, on this show and it's approach to the Social Contract theory. It's really great stuff. One of my main focuses was talking about the symbolic war between Rick (The good, lawful, systematic leader of this group that's unfortunately surrounded by complete and utter chaos at all times) and The Governor (This corrupt, deceptive, tyrannic leader of a structured, ordered, and happy society). That is all.

Can I say, without getting too much heat, that I think The Walking Dead is over-rated. I did watch the first season, well only half anyway, and I just didn't like it.

It kinda bugs me that SpikeTV gave The Walking Dead: The Game, GOTY *Shrugs*

I recently went back and watched all of season 1 and most of season 2. I was a little shocked to see that the characters were really different. It's been so long, that I actually forgot how much the characters really developed. Their acting skills got a lot better too. You really have to watch a lot more of it to say it's overrated. Maybe uninteresting is the word for you, but the magnitude of being overrated has to be judged with a more thorough viewing.

Archived