The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Carl and Andrea definitely won't die. Carl is being built up in Season 3 and Andrea just begun her badassery arc in the last few episodes.

Read comics, guys.

^ This.

Even though the comics and the show differ at parts, they've said that even if you read the comics, you won't be able to see what's coming in the show. I dunno about that but it does help give some better insight into the characters and how they're going to develop. Carl's not going anywhere anytime soon no matter how much people dislike him. Andrea's amazing in the comics and I'm really looking forward to seeing how her character evolves in the show. I also really can't wait to see the Dixons reunited.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys...Carl annoys you all for the same reason these fictional characters get upset with him. He's a little disobedient kid who keeps getting into trouble, despite his good intentions. 1. He's a fictional character. 2. If you're connecting to him in the same way that the other characters are, then maybe the writing isn't so bad after all.

Nah, he's just a shit character who has no redeeming qualities. Some of the excuses for the poor writing has been laughable.

There is no poor writing. You just don't get it.

It's like a comic fan calling Grant Morrison a bad writer because his stories are too confusing.

Please, try to patronise me more.

I don't know who Grant Morrison is and I don't care in the slightest about the comics. My views are based on the show, which is poorly written and where the characters aren't likeable. The people coming to the shows defence seem to be mainly the comic book readers, which suggests to me they are letting that cloud their judgement of the TV show.

Please, try to patronise me more.

I don't know who Grant Morrison is and I don't care in the slightest about the comics. My views are based on the show, which is poorly written and where the characters aren't likeable. The people coming to the shows defence seem to be mainly the comic book readers, which suggests to me they are letting that cloud their judgement of the TV show.

My comment about comics is just a generic statement, and has nothing to do with TWD comic books.

The "characters aren't likeable" comment seems to be rather opinion than fact, because almost every show has characters who some fans do not like.

I don't completely agree with RVF, but it's been cited often and shouldn't be a surprise to people that the character development/portrayals on this show have always been it's weak point. People act contradictory to themselves very often or just stupid.

I mean, come on guys. The Walking Dead is a great show, but it's far from flawless.

I'm going to agree with RVF about this. I've watched the show a good bit. All of the first season and a few episodes of the second. Every time I watch it, it almost always gets into my head about how I don't really care for the characters since none of them are really making me ask questions about them. The other day when I was watching the episode Chupacabra though, I had walked out of the room right after Daryl was shot. Came back and asked if he was dead. Eh.

Dale was my favorite. I hope we see more of Merle and morgan

Lennie James said he is in talks to return, but nothing is final due to old scheduling conflicts. I can see them fitting a scene of him in later in the season (if you read the comics you'll know what happens)

Dale was my favorite. I hope we see more of Merle and morgan

Lennie James said he is in talks to return, but nothing is final due to old scheduling conflicts. I can see them fitting a scene of him in later in the season (if you read the comics you'll know what happens)

Im starting to read the comics. trying to find them online

...If you hate the show so very much then why are you in a topic labeled 'The Walking Dead Discussion'?

I'll never understand why people ask questions like this.

Anybody know if this show is on Netflix? I remember talking to Fuse I think it was ages and ages ago about it but never actually got round to watching it. A lot of spare time on my hands atm.

...If you hate the show so very much then why are you in a topic labeled 'The Walking Dead Discussion'?

I'll never understand why people ask questions like this.

Anybody know if this show is on Netflix? I remember talking to Fuse I think it was ages and ages ago about it but never actually got round to watching it. A lot of spare time on my hands atm.

Season 1 is online for streaming.

Yup, they have season 1, and the deal with netflix seems to be that they get a new season when the next season starts. I know it worked that way with Breaking Bad...they just got season 4 on the exact day that season 5 started...so I would possibly expect the same with Walking Dead, considering it's also an AMC show.

Archived