The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its seems like S3 is going to speed it up action wise, the progression of this series has been pretty slow, haven't seen S1 but I remember seeing a part were they was on a hill and Ed and Daryl was having a go at Rick but anyway this series hasn't seen much action as I hoped its more building the storyline of Shane being reckless and them staying on Hershels farm but it seems S3 has more survivors in considering they announced cant remember his name as governer so obviously theres gonna be crap going down

Anyone know why theres no phones or internet? i've never understood modern day zombie films/TV not having it

Anyone know why theres no phones or internet? i've never understood modern day zombie films/TV not having it

I'd imagine it's because they don't have anyone to maintain that kind of stuff.

Some discussion needs to happen about

Michonne's debut, The Prison, and just everything.

99qjr.jpg

I really like how they haven't decayed as much in the show because you can make out somewhat of who they are. (black men). If you all would like to know who this character is without spending massive amounts of money on comics, pick up the latest issue of Playboy. They exclusively published a 6-page origin comic of Michonne in there. It's a nice read.

Who were the two who got eaten at the farm first? Herschel's family?

So, Rick is also a psychopath and I really hope they kill off Carol, she doesn't bring anything to the show.

Jimmy and Patricia got killed off.

Lori I didn't understand at all. She basically pushed Rick to take out Shane, then got pissed at him for doing it. I know Glen Mazzara on the Talking Dead basically said she's pissed at herself, but still. Shane was being a dick and it had to be one or the other.

Same with Carol. All of a sudden she doesn't trust him because he held that secret? Bitch please. Sometimes the characters on the show bug me.

I'm wondering if now T-Dog is going to become relevant at all with the group changing as much as it has. He's basically been invisible since he sliced his arm in the beginning.

According to some people and Kirkman as well (i think), Lori didn't actually think Shane and Rick were going to have to kill each other. She just thought Rick would talk him down, so when he actually killed Shane, she was shocked.

So, Rick is also a psychopath and I really hope they kill off Carol, she doesn't bring anything to the show.

Lori I didn't understand at all. She basically pushed Rick to take out Shane, then got pissed at him for doing it. I know Glen Mazzara on the Talking Dead basically said she's pissed at herself, but still. Shane was being a dick and it had to be one or the other.

Same with Carol. All of a sudden she doesn't trust him because he held that secret? Bitch please. Sometimes the characters on the show bug me.

I'm wondering if now T-Dog is going to become relevant at all with the group changing as much as it has. He's basically been invisible since he sliced his arm in the beginning.

Is it possible that they can kinda merge Tyrese from the comics and T-Dog?

I mean, bringing in Tyrese's daughter and her boyfriend would be pretty useless since their purpose in the comics was to reveal that they were all infected and the show already did that with Shane. At least this would give T-Dog some importance.

Also, on Talking Dead, Kirkman said there was a 100% chance we'd see one of Merle, Morgan, and Dwayne which is cool.

Is it possible that they can kinda merge Tyrese from the comics and T-Dog?

I mean, bringing in Tyrese's daughter and her boyfriend would be pretty useless since their purpose in the comics was to reveal that they were all infected and the show already did that with Shane. At least this would give T-Dog some importance.

Also, on Talking Dead, Kirkman said there was a 100% chance we'd see one of Merle, Morgan, and Dwayne which is cool.

1. The thing is, Tyrese was actually cast during Season 1 production and was expected to join this season, but I guess that idea was scrapped, because I wanted to see the gym scene in the prison.

2. It's Merle. Michael Rooker confirmed he resigned

It's Merle. Michael Rooker confirmed he resigned

That's pretty awesome.

I hope Daryl kills him, or at the very least, doesn't take any shit from him. It would be awesome to see Daryl become the alpha male, and tell his brother how it's gonna be.

I kind of hope he's somewhat in co-hoots with The Governor. Having those two team up would be amazing. Daryl can kill him during Woodbury's riot.

Sometimes I feel like the producers and writers want the viewers to hate Lori. The characterization of her is so inconsistent and contradictory. I don't really care for her either way, but it's one of those things you can't help but notice when you watch. The show is admittedly up and down with it's characterization and that's it's biggest flaw. Regardless, I loved the last few episodes of this season and saw that finale with some friends who haven't seen the show at all. Now they're all hooked and catching up.

How is Rick a psychopath? For asserting his authority over a crumbling group? If you did everything you possibly could to keep a group of people safe and they gave you nothing in return but doubt and distrust, would you not get frustrated?

Killing his best friend 'for the good of the group' and withholding important information because he wants to. And yeah, making yourself the dictator of said group. Just because they're all idiots doesn't make Rick any less crazy.

Shane had a gun to Rick's face and there was no talking the dude down. It was pretty obvious that he sought to take Rick out of the equation long ago and just couldn't find the right moment to follow up (hell, he almost did it in season 1 when the two were out scouting). What was Rick suppose to do? He has a pregnant wife and child. Also, releasing that type of news to a group of individuals who are already on edge following the Sofia incident (not to mention the fact that he was unsure as to whether the information could be trusted, based on who he received it from) just seems like a formula for disaster. Why cause unnecessary worry?

He's fed up, not crazy.

Rick lost his shit because of how Lori reacted when he told her what he did. If she had actually reacted in a logical way, and agreed that it was for the best, then Rick would have continued with his cool attitude, IMO...but she's a crazy bitch...like the majority of women, and she caused him to blow up.

Yeah, I was thinking that they might try to kill her off next season.

Someone on another forum suggested that she could miscarry, thus the child would reanimate within her due to the virus and begin to claw away from within (since the baby would have fingernails, but not teeth). I thought it was an interesting theory.

Yeah, I was thinking that they might try to kill her off next season.

Someone on another forum suggested that she could miscarry, thus the child would reanimate within her due to the virus and begin to claw away from within (since the baby would have fingernails, but not teeth). I thought it was an interesting theory.

In the comics, she's shot and killed while the prison is being raided by the opposing gang, and the baby is killed in her arms as they're both running. I prefer that story, because the zombie baby thing is cliche and has already been done.

I haven't looked into the comics but where should I start if I want to continue from what happened in the season 2 finale? I'm sure some will say to read all of them but I'd rather just start where the story let off here as long as they are somewhat similar.

Well, the story is basically completely different at the moment, and if you start off where this season ended, there is a big bunch of characters that weren't introduced in the show, and some characters survive, and most events in the show didn't happen in the comic so it will be extremely confusing.

Just buy The Walking Dead Compendium Vol 1. It collects issues #1 (Rick's Awakening) to #48. (The end of the prison story which we will see.)

If not, just start at issue #15?

I looked into the Compendium but it's a little big, I would rather get the individual volumes. If I got the first 3 volumes would that cover the same amount? Judging from the title the 3rd volume is about the prison so I would assume that season one and two covered the first two volumes?

Actually I started to read into it and found this, which I'll put in spoilers, so I think I might have to just read from the beginning,

I was reading the plot synopsis for the 2nd volume and saw they were burying Shane before Carl gets shot/they find Hershel's Farm. I'm guessing if that happened before the farm I should probably read up on what happened in the first one :P

He dies in like the 6th issue well before the farm. It think it may have even been before the big walker attack on the Atlanta camp where Amy died.

You really should start from the beginning.

It's not a pure adaptation, there are vital characters in the comics that aren't in the show such as Donna and Allen, their twin boys and Hershel's twin girls.

The first EIGHT volumes cover the beginning of the story to the end of the prison, which could run you 70-90$.

It's best to get the Compendium which covers all eight volumes and could run you 20-50$ depending on where you get it.

You'll then have a big book friend for your Mass Effect 3 guide!

Wow if it's the first 8 volumes then yea I probably should just get that.

Also, if the prison story is that long in the comics do you think they will try to fit it all into one season or will/should they do it over multiple seasons? I'm sure Lori/Sarah Wayne Callies would feel right at home in a prison setting anyways :shifty:

Archived