The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

^

Daryl is my favorite character but I think Shane could kick his ass.

He's mine too, there's something else I need to say regarding your comment.. I don't know if you watched The Talking Dead or not but if not, whether you watch it later or not...

Norman Reedus (Daryl) was on it as a guest, somebody asked if he got injured doing stunts and he said Jon Bernthal (Shane) hurt him, beat him up.. so, it sounds like Shane does end up kicking the crap out of him.

Agreed though, with Tsel. I had chills too.

Yeah I did watch it, but I don't remember him saying that. Must've missed that.

Yeah, he said he sprained his knee when they were shooting the Church scene, when they were running out after the bell was ringing. He said they had to shoot it so many times and he got hurt shooting it. He said he's dislocated his shoulder and he said 'Jon Bernthal, who plays Shane, beat the sh- out of me.' and he was speaking in context of the show, so they must go at it some point during the season. I don't mind, seeing as how Shane's my least favorite.. I don't know if Daryl can do anything to him physically, but it'd be entertaining.

I heard him say everything about his knee and his shoulder, but missed the part where he mentioned Shane somehow lol. I think Shane is actually pretty cool though, but if he beats up Daryl, I may have a different opinion, depending on the circumstances.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy hell. I wasn't expecting that. It never even crossed my mind that the girl was in the barn. I just kept hoping that she was alive. I nearly shed a mantear watching that final part. Wow. Just wow.

Also, I updated the first post with Episode 8 sneak peak.

Quick question to anybody who saw the Talking Dead, as it might've been answered on there:

Did they say how Sophia ended up in the barn? I'm assuming Hershel/Otis or one of those guys found her already changed into a walker and threw her in there but I'm not 100%.

Quick question to anybody who saw the Talking Dead, as it might've been answered on there:

Did they say how Sophia ended up in the barn? I'm assuming Hershel/Otis or one of those guys found her already changed into a walker and threw her in there but I'm not 100%.

I believe they said Otis usually put the zombies in the barn, and Shane shot Otis so.. They also mentioned he died before there was talk of finding Sophia with the people on the farm. That would mean Otis put her in the barn as a walker (without knowing the people were searching for her), and he was the only one who knew she was in there and he died.

Carl will become so amazing. I guaran-damn-tee it. If you thought what Otis did was bad, just wait until Season 3.

I don't know why you're talking like you know what's gonna happen when they're clearly not following the comics.

Carl will become so amazing. I guaran-damn-tee it. If you thought what Otis did was bad, just wait until Season 3.

I don't know why you're talking like you know what's gonna happen when they're clearly not following the comics.

They are, but they're adapting the stories. Everything that's happened so far has happened in the comics but in a different way. Although, character development is different. I think Andrea, Dale and Carl are the only ones who have similar personas to their comic characters. Kirkman also confirmed that two fan-favorite comic characters will be entering the show "eventually". (Michonne and Governor.).

They're two different story arcs. You can't say something is gonna happen in the TV show just because it happened in comics. Especially when things have happened on TV that didn't happen in the comics. Speculation is fine, but to flat out say you guarantee it is radical.

Clearly he's just trying to be funny/cool. OMG THAT WAS SO FUNNY, I LOL'D THE ENTIRE TIME!

I genuinely did laugh at the end and even threw in a fist pump when Rick did the business.

As stated before , I wanted it to pan out that way. :poke:

Read this on IGN yesterday, thought it was funny (and kinda true)

NOTE: Contains spoilers from Season 2.

The Walking Dead's Otis: World's Greatest Person?

One man was Hershel's farm's expert hunter. And EMT. And musician.

December 7, 2011

by Eric Goldman

Note: Major spoilers for events from the first half of The Walking Dead: Season 2 (which is to say, the episodes that have already aired) follow.

On the most recent episode of the IGN TV podcast, Channel Surfing, Matt Fowler, Scott Collura and I had a long conversation about The Walking Dead. And at one point, we specifically turned to chatting about Otis, who we've come to realize is The World's Most Accomplished Man!

Yes, Otis is dead and gone now, but just think about what we've learned about him and how inspiring he is.

Otis the Hunter: We met Otis when he accidentally shot Carl, but lest we forget, he actually was aiming for and successfully shot a deer - the bullet went through the deer and into Carl. Yes, Otis was a hunter and apparently a good one who had a way with a gun. A great talent to have in the zombie apocalypse. But wait, that wasn't all…

Otis the EMT: After Carl was shot, we learned Otis had been a volunteer EMT with the local fire department, knowledge that was integral when it came to going to get medical equipment that could save Carl's life. While Otis tragically wouldn't return from that trip (SHANE!), we still have to applaud a man who would volunteer his time to help others like that. Clearly, Otis had made sure his life counted! In more ways than we could imagine…

Otis the Musician: While Otis is dead and gone, his legacy remained, as we begin to learn more about his amazing talents and what a true renaissance man he was. Glenn finds a guitar and wonders if anyone can play it. Guess what? Turns out Otis was the resident musician on Hershel's farm! Yes, in between learning to hunt and to administer emergency medical assistance to those in need, our boy Otis also could jam! What we would have given to hear some of that sweet, sweet music Otis could create on a guitar. But surely that has to be the limit to his skills, right? No one man can possibly have time for more than this! But you underestimate Otis, dear readers…

Otis the Zombie Wrangler: If you live on Hershel's farm, you abide by his rules and his belief that zombies are just sick people. And so he has zombies locked up in his barn. And guess what? It was Otis' job to put them there! The question is, are we to assume Otis did this alone? Many viewers have used the "It was Otis' job" reasoning to explain how no one else at the farm knew Sophia was in the barn. But did you see that barn and what happened once you opened the door? Even taking into account that you could go in from above, one man getting a zombie in there on his own would be incredibly difficult and dangerous. But the thing is, this is Otis that we're talking about. This man is brilliant. We're sure he figured out some sort of intricate system of levers and pulleys or a zombie-catapult to shoot those zombies up and over into the barn, in the time it's taken you to read this paragraph.

Otis, they broke the mold with you. They broke the mold.

At this point, the message is clear: Do not underestimate Otis! We can only assume more "Otis used to do that" reveals are coming when The Walking Dead returns in the spring. So what do you think is the most likely skill we'll next learn Otis possessed?

Eric Goldman is Executive Editor of IGN TV. You can follow him on Twitter at @EricIGN.

• 2 months later...

Huh. Surprised nobody bumped this already.

Am I the only one who thought last night's episode was kinda, I dunno, meh? I know pretty much anything will be after what we saw a few months ago, but still. I guess it's gonna build to another big twist further on.

Also, I wasn't expecting

Rick to kill those two guys. They seemed like they'd atleast hang around for a few episodes, Michael Raymond James (black haired guy) atleast.

Archived