The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The second episode was great.

I love how they walked with the zombies. It was like a more realistic Shaun of the Dead scenario.

Anyone else think the dude on the roof is still alive and will return on another episode? If you've read the comic, don't tell me. >:C

I love how they walked with the zombies. It was like a more realistic Shaun of the Dead scenario.

Anyone else think the dude on the roof is still alive and will return on another episode? If you've read the comic, don't tell me. >:C

That character wasn't in the comic. So...nobody knows.

I think he will come back. I hope this doesn't constitute a spoiler since I imagine everyone had the chance to watch this... but after the show in the "preview for next week" there is another redneck dude in that other camp of people yelling at them for his leaving his brother behind. I am assuming he meant the dude on the roof. Even if that is the case, well the guy could be dead... but I would imagine that they wouldn't have tied the character to another character unless they wanted to do more with him... nah mean. Still they could do something as simple as just have him turn up as an easily identifiable zombie in a future episode, or maybe he is still alive...

My friends and I watch this show. She is much more into it because she read the comics and follows up on the "insider" news about the show. They apparently were only going to do 13 episodes but because of the positive reaction to the first episode, they signed on for a whole season plus half of another season.

Definitely. Did you notice when the black guy (I forget his name) was going to unlock the cuffs, he tripped over the bag of tools? I'm assuming there was a saw in there that the guy on the roof will be able to saw the cuffs with.

Just watched the second episode and I'm still thoroughly enjoying it. Gonna watch the third one right now.

Loved the third episode and the way it ended...

...with them coming back to save the hick dude on the roof, only to find him missing with his hand still there.

Loved the third episode and the way it ended...

...with them coming back to save the hick dude on the roof, only to find him missing with his hand still there.

It was pretty awesome. I was actually expecting him to be dead. I actually got emotional during the father/son reunion. Great episode.

I'm not really fond of the fact we now have 3 generic hot-headed characters (The two brothers and the wife-beater.) Hopefully they get fleshed out later.

Well, Dixon seems more crazy (as is evident by the fact that he cut his hand off, rather than just cutting through the handcuff chain). His brother seems like a more reasonable person. He's a hothead, but he can be reasoned with. The wifebeater seems to be more about violence and anger management, while the brothers are more about ignorance.

A personal hobby of mine is to find symbolism, and I think the zombies in a way are symbolic of....something. (note that I look too much into everything).

It could be that on the conservative landscape of Georgia, the zombies could be seen as the rising majority of liberalism of America and the rejection of the GOP.

The zombies can maybe be seen as the greedy nature of American society, as the structural nature of capitalism leaves the poverty class of America struggling to live in any kind of living condition, the overwhelming zombies leave the surviving dudes to struggling to stay alive.......alive alive.

Or maybe I'm just full of myself. Idgaf haha

I've seen the first 3 episodes, still need to watch the 4th. I really like it so far, definitely living up to the hype for the most part. I do think there's several unnecessary characters though (the wife beater dude being the most useless -- I liked it when Shane beat the *censored* out of him). Then again I'm sure the writers have plans to make them an important factor in the story eventually.

I really like the pace the show moves at, and I like how it's proving to be very character based instead of only focusing on the zombies/horror aspect.

Archived