The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh wow. The writing was on the wall with the main show being phased out but this is still a bit surprising nonetheless. I guess they will go the comic route after all and just have the two outsiders go their own way.

There’s also going to be a new anthology series called Tales of the Walking Dead. And the showrunner for the Daryl/Carol show will be Angela Kang.

• 4 weeks later...

Just finished watching the first episode of World Beyond. It was... okay.....

I wasn't particularly captivated, none of the characters or the story have really drawn me in at this point but I am interested in seeing more of what the CRM is about. Elizabeth mentions her daughter's a part of the CRM too, I'm assuming that's Isabelle from Fear which would be cool. I liked Isabelle.

Overall I would say I liked it, but the war aspect felt limited which is a shame because that part of the show had my favorite sequences.

Loved the sequence where they used the wagon blasting Talking Heads to draw the horde away and the Whisperers getting pissed off and started running at the survivors with their walker shields.

Beta's death was super gruesome, but the "fight" that preceded it was underwhelming.

Them revealing the Carol/Daryl spinoff really undercut the suspense of Carol possibly dying. A shame they did that. I liked the callback to the cliff and the imagery of Alpha's mask falling through the air, though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not a great episode last night. The main plotline just felt very generic and dull. I enjoyed them building the Maggie/Negan tension and Daryl & Maggie interacting with each other, but the rest just felt very uninspired.

There's no intrigue for the new baddies, The Reapers. Kelly fretting over Connie does nothing for me because we know Connie is alive and it's a plotline they've done so many times already. And I don't understand why they chose to unmask Elijah in such an unremarkable, pedestrian manner.

I'm also bummed they're shooting in digital now instead of film. What a shame.

On 3/14/2021 at 11:33 PM, PaperThinWalls said:

Now tonight’s episode was solid. Robert Patrick was terrific.

Why'd they have to do my guy like that? I've always been a fan of Robert Patrick, he was the T-1000 in the 1st movie I ever saw as a kid. (Terminator 2)

Other than that, enjoyable episode overall.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived