The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

6 hours ago, Creepia said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I was glad they kept it to Negan, and not just have Carol do it. That's Negan last major act in the comics right? He disappears shortly after this if I remember correctly? I think they will have him stick around longer on the show. Them letting Carol having a part in Alphas death, but not rob Negan of doing it was the right call. 

And agreed with Samantha Morton. It's crazy how they can still introduce new characters 10 years into the shows lifetime that breathe new life into it. She was great.

EDIT: Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that the first time Carol and Negan have ever shared screen time?

He fights for the good guys in the war, gets his freedom/exiled from Alexandria, and then we get the Maggie confrontation (which we kind of got on the show already). That's it until the final issue where he basically cameos. For the show I can see them having him fighting alongside the good guys against Beta & the Whisperers but beyond that... that's a big question mark.

Not sure if it's their first time sharing screen time together, but I wouldn't be surprised.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they fumbled her last episode myself. A lot of it felt like a waste of time to me. You can really feel they were working against Danai's schedule and it hurt not only this episode but the whole season.

Bummed about the finale being delayed. ? I wonder if Better Call Saul will be in the same situation as well?

I love how Beta is a country singer, but I hated how heavy-handed the hints got. Did we really need Magna listening to the album earlier in the season, the Whisperer noticing who he was, and the fan’s apartment all together? It became too much and too contrived. But other than that, I enjoyed pretty much everything else related to Beta in the last episode. His new mask with part of Alpha’s skin is such a gruesome concept.

Nvm I was under the impression he was a singer in real life.  They did tease early on that Beta was a famous person so I just assumed when they finally did this week that that's what he did before. :lol:

3 hours ago, Fight Me. said:
  Hide contents

Nvm I was under the impression he was a singer in real life.  They did tease early on that Beta was a famous person so I just assumed when they finally did this week that that's what he did before. :lol:

Nah I dont think hes meant to actually be Ryan Hurst lol. Idk if I want TWD to be that meta. :lol:

7 hours ago, Jmerc said:

WOW

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE SEASON FINALE

Still postponed unfortunately. ???

Season finale spoiler from Talking Dead:

MAGGIE. ???

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't get round to watch episode 15 until this morning, because I didn't want to have to wait until the finale later in the year. 

It's a real shame we have to wait, because I want to see Beta's hail mary assault so bad! Me thinks it's time for Carol to die, but I could also see them pulling off a finale where no one major dies. Maybe some tertiary guys.

Finale:

Is anyone else not bothered about Maggie? Can't say I've missed her one bit. I've enjoy the time spent on other characters not in that early season crew, and her constant scowl and angry face got annoying toward her last scenes.

2 hours ago, Creepia said:

Didn't get round to watch episode 15 until this morning, because I didn't want to have to wait until the finale later in the year. 

Hide contents

It's a real shame we have to wait, because I want to see Beta's hail mary assault so bad! Me thinks it's time for Carol to die, but I could also see them pulling off a finale where no one major dies. Maybe some tertiary guys.

Finale:

Hide contents

Is anyone else not bothered about Maggie? Can't say I've missed her one bit. I've enjoy the time spent on other characters not in that early season crew, and her constant scowl and angry face got annoying toward her last scenes.

Finale:

Hide contents

I'm interested to see how she has changed in the time jump, but yeah not OVERLY excited.

• 1 month later...
On 4/21/2020 at 1:51 PM, Jmerc said:

Finale:

Reveal hidden contents

I'm interested to see how she has changed in the time jump, but yeah not OVERLY excited.

I see them having Ezekiel sacrificing himself so he can go out in a heroic way instead of dying on the Cancer.

Maybe another guest or supporting character aswell but I hope not cause I liked all the new added characters so far.

There will be a new a special one-shot Walking Dead comic by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard called NEGAN LIVES#1 that will be coming out on July 1st exclusively to local comic shops:

This shipment arriving in July will be without financial burden to receiving retailers—with no freight cost for them to worry about. “I’ve been inspired by Steve Geppi and Diamond’s efforts to shine a light on how essential the Direct Market is to our beloved industry with their #backthecomeback campaign,” said Kirkman. “While Charlie Adlard and I had laid the series to rest, this felt like something special we could do for the store owners who made our series a success to begin with. To that end, I’m happy to report that 100% of the revenue generated from this book will go to the stores selling it. The retailer community does backbreaking work to get comics into the hands of our loving fans, we should all be doing more in these trying times to show them how appreciated they are.”

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Jeb ? said:

It's being followed by the first episode of the new series

Yeah I understand that. I worded my original post wrong. 

I am confused about the fact that there will be more episodes of the season even after the finale. Does that even make it a finale then? 

Think of them of as bonus episodes, I guess. lol They’re doing it so there wouldn’t be a year without new episodes while also keeping their usual schedule.

Here’s all the new info that came out yesterday:

TWD: S10 Finale airs Oct. S11 is scheduled for Oct. 2021. Six new extra episodes for S10 scheduled for early 2021.

World Beyond: S1 starts its 10 episode season in Oct.

Fear: First half of S6 will air alongside World Beyond until its 8 episodes are up. The second half will air whenever it’s finished.

Rick Movie: Script is finished. Aiming for a 2022 release.

I got a lot of trust for Angela Kang at this point. I am hoping the extra six episodes dont extend the Whisperer War unnecessarily. I would like them to be a contained story that can perhaps lead into season 11. I'd even enjoy a mini season focusing on a small group of characters out on the road somewhere. 

Archived