The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Thank you.

Executive producer is not the decision maker. An authoritive figure yes, but not the sole decision maker.

I dont know about anyone else, but Im thoroughly enjoying the season so far.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gimple is not the showrunner. Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg are the showrunners this season.

He was for this period of the show we are watching now.

He was promoted afterwards to his current position.

Executive producer is not the decision maker. An authoritive figure yes, but not the sole decision maker.

While that is partly true, the showrunner guides the story, tells the writers where to take it, and approves their ideas.

No, he's not the showrunner of FTWD. He's the chief content officer of the TV franchise. Different role. I'm sure he has some creative input, but Andrew Chambliss and Ian Goldberg are the driving creative forces behind this season.

You're right.

He's not, as I said, he was promoted after moving over to Fear.

He now oversees everything, and was instrumental in this soft reboot of the show which is likely a last ditch effort to see if it can manage to improve its dwindling ratings before they move on to one of the other projects he's teased. They have to strike while the iron is still warm as he's already ran off a good portion of the audience over the last couple seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna watch so bad, but can't find the first 2 seasons anywhere. ?

They're all on Amazon Prime video. The first 3 seasons that is.

Agreed. It's remarkable how much the show has improved. The actors, the writing, the cinematography -- it's all so much better. One aspect I love about this season is how much mystery there is. It's made me way more invested in the show.

That's true. I see lots of people complaining about the two timeline story frame, but it's lending itself quite well to the mystery aspect of it all. I guess people just want the answers right away and are a bit impatient when it comes to trying to figuring out how flashbacks relate to the present story, but I think it's setting itself apart from most other TV shows in that regard.

I'm very eager to learn more about the Vultures. I'm very eager to find out where Madison is and if she survived -whatever they went through with the Vultures-. The flashback timeline also lends itself to giving us more info on the new characters like John Dorie and Althea. It's certainly keeping me engaged.

I am a bit worried for ole Daniel Salazar though. I read a report that Ruben Blades is busy with one of his many other careers (I had no idea he was a world famous musician), so that's why he hasn't been on the show this season. I seriously hope they didn't kill him off screen when the dam exploded. If Nick managed to survive that, then Salazar should have too. That character doesn't deserve to die off screen as he's one of the very best characters in the entire franchise. IMO. I'm not sure what the logistics of him travelling all the way to Texas would be, but I suppose he could have gone with them after the dam, but separated from them before the establishment of the baseball stadium? Maybe he's even been a prisoner of the Proctors this whole time, although I can't see them popping back up again. That's venturing into fan fiction territory. :lol: Now that the show lost Nick I feel like Salazar could plug that whole.

Maybe those two native American guys helped Salazer out. I want to see them again also.

I wanna watch so bad, but can't find the first 2 seasons anywhere. ?

They're all on Amazon Prime video. The first 3 seasons that is.

Agreed. It's remarkable how much the show has improved. The actors, the writing, the cinematography -- it's all so much better. One aspect I love about this season is how much mystery there is. It's made me way more invested in the show.

That's true. I see lots of people complaining about the two timeline story frame, but it's lending itself quite well to the mystery aspect of it all. I guess people just want the answers right away and are a bit impatient when it comes to trying to figuring out how flashbacks relate to the present story, but I think it's setting itself apart from most other TV shows in that regard.

I'm very eager to learn more about the Vultures. I'm very eager to find out where Madison is and if she survived -whatever they went through with the Vultures-. The flashback timeline also lends itself to giving us more info on the new characters like John Dorie and Althea. It's certainly keeping me engaged.

I am a bit worried for ole Daniel Salazar though. I read a report that Ruben Blades is busy with one of his many other careers (I had no idea he was a world famous musician), so that's why he hasn't been on the show this season. I seriously hope they didn't kill him off screen when the dam exploded. If Nick managed to survive that, then Salazar should have too. That character doesn't deserve to die off screen as he's one of the very best characters in the entire franchise. IMO. I'm not sure what the logistics of him travelling all the way to Texas would be, but I suppose he could have gone with them after the dam, but separated from them before the establishment of the baseball stadium? Maybe he's even been a prisoner of the Proctors this whole time, although I can't see them popping back up again. That's venturing into fan fiction territory. :lol: Now that the show lost Nick I feel like Salazar could plug that whole.

Maybe those two native American guys helped Salazer out. I want to see them again also.

oh hell yeah. Walker turned out to be a great and likable character. would love to see him back again.

Loved the last Episode! I was afraid that it might be a bit off since it seemed to content only new characters but it was written well, executed very well and gave us a good and very needed amount of character development.

Huge plus that I like both actors from other series they were in aswell. :P

Now I REALLY hope that Naomi and Madison survived somehow but Nick, Alisha and the others thought they were dead due to whatever happened back then.

I NEED a John/Naomi(Laura) reunion! :D

Really enjoying FTWD a lot.

Just hope they won't get rid of the whole main cast and make it the "Morgan Show" until he goes back to TWD somehow cause the series is way too good to be wasted like that.

I really hope they didn't just kill John Dorie god dammit. He was so pure!

I swear... if he's dead that would be their first major mistake this season. Now is not the time to go.

Sooooo I missed the last episode of The Walking Dead and I cant can't get it on demand on Sky. Help?

Have you checked Amazon Video?

I really hope they didn't just kill John Dorie god dammit. He was so pure!

I swear... if he's dead that would be their first major mistake this season. Now is not the time to go.

Sooooo I missed the last episode of The Walking Dead and I cant can't get it on demand on Sky. Help?

Have you checked Amazon Video?

Reddit would wholeheartedly disagree with that statement. I had to unsub from the TWD boards because of their sheer negativity. The constant blaming of Scott Gimple for everything they haven't liked about the season so far is overwhelming. I genuinely can't understand the complaints, I'm having a great time watching the show every week, it's a wonderful change from TWD proper.

OMFG!!!! They BETTER not have just done that! :chair:

REALLY hope that John is not dead! I think that there is a possibility that Charlie is Naomis daughter after all OR that she stayed in contact with the vultures after the Stadium was done or something? :(

I can't believe that she was one of them since the beginning.

As a sidenote: I LOVE the Season so far.

I don't think Laura was a Vulture since the beginning. I think she went with them after they did whatever to the stadium. She might have had a run-in with them before meeting Madison, but I wouldn't say she was a member all along. Maybe I'm wrong.

It needs to end here, no way it can continue without him.

Also, Norman Reedus negotiated a $20 million contract to become the new lead.

Got a report, so I'll say it here. Since this isn't technically a show spoiler, but actual news on an actor, you don't need spoiler tags. If anyone disagrees, please say something lol

Isn't Norman Reedus's wife pregnant? The $20 million offer must have been very tempting and especially for the baby and so I'm sure he signed the new contract right away.

Season 10 will be a whole new era for the show, wheather fans embrace the change or not will be interesting

^ I'm sure AMC will officially announce it soon. It'll be foolish if they don't.

It's so hard to imagine the show without Rick. I can't even picture it.

I'm not sure I want to picture it. However, Andrew Lincoln is seriously talented and I'd like to see him in other things. I think he'd be perfect in a GoT spin-off.

Have to imagine if his leaving is making other actors question their passion for the show. I wonder if Danai Gurira will leave soon after, it's possible. It really might become the Daryl and Negan show.

Archived