The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Thanks for the heads up, guys lol.

I've seen shows with horrible first seasons to get to the good stuff before, so this should be no prob for me. Can't wait to get to season 3. :D

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thoroughly enjoyed season 3 of Fear, it was quite refreshing and honestly better than anything I've seen from the main show in some years. The way it's shot makes TWD look cheap.

Agreed. Ive preferred FEAR since season 2.

Is Maggie still preggers btw?

I think they mentioned recently on Talking Dead that she is, but she's only like a month or so into her pregnancy, which is why nobody can tell. Crazy considering her pregnancy was announced, what, 2 seasons ago? Lol

They haven't really left the audience to watch the next season though. I'm all for no shit cliff hangers but this almost feels like the end.

Is Maggie still preggers btw?

Yeah, they did. They teased the inner turmoil within Rick's group and then there's the fact that Negan is still alive and imprisoned. How's that going to work?

The Civil war (for lack of a better term) conflict is probably the biggest thing to get people to keep watching. There is also that helicopter and whoever Georgie and those girls are. Negan being alive of course. People will always watch and despite the low ratings (compared to previous seasons) it's still one of the most watched shows on television in the world.

+ yes Maggie is still pregnant. They don't really like explaining their timeline very much, but it's been about a month since Negan showed up. It doesn't feel like it at all, but the past two and a half seasons is a very short time frame. That is why Maggie is so volatile against the idea of keeping Negan alive, because Glenn didn't actually die that long ago.

The Civil war (for lack of a better term) conflict is probably the biggest thing to get people to keep watching. There is also that helicopter and whoever Georgie and those girls are. Negan being alive of course. People will always watch and despite the low ratings (compared to previous seasons) it's still one of the most watched shows on television in the world.

+ yes Maggie is still pregnant. They don't really like explaining their timeline very much, but it's been about a month since Negan showed up. It doesn't feel like it at all, but the past two and a half seasons is a very short time frame. That is why Maggie is so volatile against the idea of keeping Negan alive, because Glenn didn't actually die that long ago.

Pretty much this.

So, who is enjoying season 4 of FTWD so far? :)

I LOVE the new characters and both episodes so far were great and very interesting.

Pretty sure they will explain some things in flashbacks down the line too.

This season is far from done with flashbacks. I'm sure we'll get them for at least the first half of the season if not most of the whole one.

I think Althea is a bit bland and the SWAT van is over the top, but they're not bad I suppose. John Dorie is a cool character and physically looks a lot like comicbook Rick. I like the idea of the Vultures too and am eager to find out more about them.

I wonder if the writers know that 'John Dorie/Dory' is a slang term for the penis. :lol:

This season is far from done with flashbacks. I'm sure we'll get them for at least the first half of the season if not most of the whole one.

I think Althea is a bit bland and the SWAT van is over the top, but they're not bad I suppose. John Dorie is a cool character and physically looks a lot like comicbook Rick. I like the idea of the Vultures too and am eager to find out more about them.

I wonder if the writers know that 'John Dorie/Dory' is a slang term for the penis. :lol:

I know both of them from other series and "Naomi" aswell so I was happy to see them in the series since they are great actors/actresses and the characters brought a breeze of fresh air in the series.

Personally like Altheas Approach and how vulnerable she looks to People thinking they can take Advantage of her only to get their asses kicked when they try. :P

Johns attitude is lovely to say the least! A Kind hearted Person that can immediately turn to a bad ass killing machine if need be.

Naomi was interesting aswell so far but we didn't got to see much of her yet so I need to find out more about her character.

All 3 bring some needed humanity into the series in my opinion cause madison, nick and most of all strand(or however he is spelled) are double edged swords one could call "tweeners" in Wrestling instead of "heel" or "faces".

Alicia and Luciana seem to be the only real "Face" characters from the old group.

According to the Trailer of the next Episode, it seems that the swat van won't exist long

Is that a UK thing/slang (Dorie/Dory)?

Asking because I never heard of it and from the US I only know "John Long" or "Long Dong" or something. :lol:

they said on Talking Dead that Frank Dillane(Nick) requested to leave the show. for me, Nick was a character that felt like if he was gonna die, he should go out heroically. not like this lame shit

they said on Talking Dead that Frank Dillane(Nick) requested to leave the show. for me, Nick was a character that felt like if he was gonna die, he should go out heroically. not like this lame shit

according the online reports they said that he asked to leave due to other Projects he wanted to pursue before the new crew took over. Since Nick was always touched emotionally by kids taking the older brother role, they thought that it would be a fitting way to let him be taken down by one he had even slightly bonded with.

Scott Gimple's insane or got huge f'n balls, "WTF" indeed.

He was an executive producer, not a writer. I'm bored of this misconception.

It's sad that the most interesting character had to be killed off due to the actor wanting to leave, but damn it was a fitting death for Nick. Nick was never a hero, he was a slimy, troubled person whose mental health was pulling him in all sorts of directions and he was never comfortable. His life was bittersweet and therefor his death was bittersweet.

Nick's absence will leave a huge hole in the show, but I applaud them for handling it that way. Very well done. Now kill off Althea please.

Scott Gimple's insane or got huge f'n balls, "WTF" indeed.

He was an executive producer, not a writer. I'm bored of this misconception.

Scott was a writer and eventually showrunner of TWD before moving over to Fear briefly this season and is now the chief content officer of the entire franchise which is the equivalent Kevin Feige and the MCU. He is and was very much in control of where things have went, and deserves the reputation he's received. Executive Producers are much more hands on in television than they are in film.

Had AMC not scheduled Talking Dead an hour after Fear ended last night it probably would've saved him some heat on Twitter....assuming folks still watch that dreadful show.

Being a writer on TWD is not him being a writer on Fear TWD. He has never been a writer on Fear and continues to not be one.

Also. It was not his decision to kill Nick so your rant is a bit irrelevant. It was Frank Dillane's choice and he honoured it in a very well-crafted fashion. I never said Gimple didn't deserve his reputation, but he doesn't deserve the blame for this. My misconception point still stands.

Also. Did I miss Salazer dying in the end of season 3? Not sure that I'm into him suddenly reappearing half way through this season for the second time. I really loved his re-introduction episode in season 3, but if that happens again it'll feel like a bit of a rehash.

+ lots of us still watch Talking Dead for some reason. Stop being so negative.

Being a writer on TWD is not him being a writer on Fear TWD. He has never been a writer on Fear and continues to not be one.

Also. It was not his decision...your rant is a bit irrelevant.

+ lots of us still watch Talking Dead for some reason. Stop being so negative.

Gimple's the showrunner for this current season of Fear and showrunners dictate where the stories go. He was their Vince McMahon overseeing Creative.

And as I explained, it was perceived to be his decision because the reasons why weren't clear at the time and probably still aren't for those that don't watch Talking Dead or didn't catch it because of the scheduling issue.

Also, not liking something is not liking something, it's not being "negative." I think the show is mostly needlessly forced psycho-analyzation of writing that usually doesn't warrant it. You don't have to agree with that, and I'm not here to change your mind.

Archived