The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final shot was so beautiful.

I guess the "flash forward" in the season premiere is indeed a dream and not meant to represent reality.

So in other words a waste of my damn time?

Its a shame in this day impatient era that some people consider basic story telling devices like a dream sequence or flash forward/backward/sideways a waste of time. I would hate to live your life if you cant sit through a couple minutes of a bit of non linear storytelling. Maybe Hungry Caterpillar is more your speed.

Anybody else feeling Daryl is next? He's been such a *Censored* up for a while that it could be so fans can give up on him and be like alright kill him off already!

Daryl is an original character inspired by comic book Dwight and now the real Dwight is on the show and so maybe they want to just have 1 of them

Do you honestly think after they

killed Carl

they care about following the comic? The fact that Daryl is an OC means he will more than likely stay on the show. They arent trying to sabotage his fan base, that is a ridiculous theory tbh. Daryl will continue to survive and if he was ever going to die it will be in the final season or even final episode. Thats IF he dies. Nobody cares about Dwight enough for them to replace Daryl with him, just because they are similar in the Comics means nothing. They arent similar in the show and Dwight doesnt have the relationship that Daryl has with the other characters. Cmon man, think.

This mid-season finale was trash. And it hurts to say that about a show that I had as a tradition to catch every Sunday. But this episode solidified that the writers has lost their touch. So many things to pick about this episode that made it bad: plot holes and inconsistencies, production quality is subpar, and that decision at the end for shock value sticks a knife in future comic arcs that promotes the life of the show.

Everything now is badly lit, to where it's hard to see. As is the sound -- it's almost impossible to listen without subtitles. Why did Simon let Maggie go instead of capturing her?

Can't hide these problems anymore. The writing is getting too poor and Gimple needs to take a hike

I wouldn't say trash but not all that great either. I still like the show and care about a couple of characters but the show hasn't been my favorite nor been hyped for it since last mid season.

The whole Negan vs settlements story is good but not executed well. It's been played out badly. Doesn't have to be like the comics but should be as good or better than original written.

I watch every new episode a day after airing but even if I had cable, I doubt I'd watch it as it airs like the early seasons

Everything now is badly lit, to where it's hard to see. As is the sound -- it's almost impossible to listen without subtitles. Why did Simon let Maggie go instead of capturing her?

An order directly from Negan would be my first guess...

• 4 weeks later...

No, he's the "chief content officer." He's overseeing everything related to the TV franchise.

Here's more details:

The cable network has renewed The Walking Dead for a ninth season and signed now-former showrunner Scott M. Gimple to an overall deal in which he will now serve as chief content officer of the franchise. In his new role, Gimple will oversee The Walking Dead's vast TV universe, including both the flagship and spinoff Fear the Walking Dead, as well as gaming and future brand extensions on a variety of platforms, among other areas. Writer/co-exec producer Angela Kang (pictured below) has been promoted to executive producer and showrunner, replacing Gimple in the latter role, of The Walking Dead. Kang has been with The Walking Dead since 2011, writing some 20 episodes of the show, including critically praised hours including "Coda" and "Still." Kang will take over as showrunner starting with season nine, which will premiere in late 2018.

Been listening to an old episode of the Nerdist podcast with CM Punk as the guest and they brought up the idea of Punk playing Negan (this was 2012 and Negan had just been introduced in the comic I believe.) I tend to think that Punk would have made a decent Negan, especially if he had his short buzzcut and dyed it darker. He can be funny and serious and pretty intimidating. Punk is a big dude compared to your average Rick.

Comic question; anyone know when compendium 4 will be released? I have the first three. Would I just be better off buying the volumes that have come out after 3 ended?

No date or timeframe confirmed. Reddit seems to think it'll be sometime this year.

• 1 month later...

Archived