The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

^ Either that or FTWD needs a massive time jump. Frankly right now, I'm hoping for the latter because the idea of Morgan leaving his neighborhood at any point while he was in his "Clear" state doesn't sit well with me.

Regarding last night's episode: I didn't think it was possible for me to hate the Michonne-Rosita filler-road-trip more until Daryl and Tara showed up and they all decided they wanted to go on yet another idiotic rogue mission. These characters aren't that dumb.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Planning on bingeing whatever is there of season 8 right now, near the end of episode 2 and I'm digging it so far. Might start picking up Fear after I clear some of my shows out.

IGN just *censored*ing spoiled it on Twitter. I mean, Im guessing they did from their tweet. UK doesnt get the episode until tomorrow night the *censored*ing twat faced *censored*s!

Incorrect. We get it at 1/2AM the same time as the US. Its just repeated in Monday night.

Also damn man, that was actually a good episode. A cool mid season finale, a lot of ramifications!

I guess that flash forward thing was just a Ricks perfect life-type dream. Damn poor Carl I never thought they would do it (before the final season/episode ever.) Rick is going to *censored*ing crazy on the Saviors!

So how exactly is every major storyline from the comics going to play out now? Without Carl? He is a pretty central figure for most of them. This seems illogical right now.

Comic spoilers:

It's certainly the biggest change since Andrea died. No more Negan bonding with Carl. No more Lydia and Carl romance. No teen drama with Sophia (Enid in the TV series). I'm sure they're going to remix the Negan plot line with someone else and it'll have a different dynamic. But the Lydia narrative will be completely different now. I'm curious to see how that plays out now.

From what it looks like, Chandler Riggs and his family feel kinda of screwed with Carls death. His parents have commented on it on social media coming out of the blue and apparently they were told he would be around for at least 3 more years before Scott Gimple changed his mind about the thing. Chandler made it seem like even Andy Lincoln was upset about the show recently. I dont blame him either really.

Seems to me that they decided to reveal Carls been bitten just for shock value. Im not a fan of Chandler Riggs or his acting and I am excited to see the fallout of this, but it just seems like poor writing.

So, I'm at least 3 episodes behind on Walking Dead, probably...but I watched about the last half of yesterday's episode just because I decided that I don't really give a shit about spoilers anymore. I'll probably catch up on those missed episodes eventually...but after seeing that finale, I feel like it hardly even matters. Show really feels like it's going nowhere at this point.

Carl being bitten was hilarious, though. Good riddance.

From what it looks like, Chandler Riggs and his family feel kinda of screwed with Carls death. His parents have commented on it on social media coming out of the blue and apparently they were told he would be around for at least 3 more years before Scott Gimple changed his mind about the thing. Chandler made it seem like even Andy Lincoln was upset about the show recently. I dont blame him either really.

Seems to me that they decided to reveal Carls been bitten just for shock value. Im not a fan of Chandler Riggs or his acting and I am excited to see the fallout of this, but it just seems like poor writing.

The thing that bugs me most about Carl's arc this season is his sudden change in character. I don't get when he became so virtuous.

The thing that bugs me most about Carl's arc this season is his sudden change in character. I don't get when he became so virtuous.

Idk man, character growth I susppose? I have no answer for you lol. So many characters have wishy washy changes in these latest seasons its hard to keep track of them. The only one in recent memory I can call any good was Morgan. Then Jesus and his character change had to go opposing him and we got that pointless rivalry between them.

I don't recall anything sticking out to me last season, but I wonder if there were signs of the character evolving his moral standards after he failed to assassinate Negan. Because if not... if it's truely something that was only thought of when season 8 was being written -- I feel like it gives more credence to what Chandler's Dad had said and that perhaps it was a behind-the-scenes decision.

Well if you look at what he did in this episode, with being very selfless and being ready to sacrifice himself to save Alexandria, you should take into account that be already knew he was doing to die. He had been bitten whilst going out to help Sidiq (I think thats his name), well that seems to be Reddits general consensus, so in tonights episode all his actions were based on that. That would explain his virtuous attitude for this one episode, but not for the previous episodes of this season.

I guess that flash forward thing was just a Ricks perfect life-type dream. Damn poor Carl I never thought they would do it (before the final season/episode ever.) Rick is going to *censored*ing crazy on the Saviors!

So how exactly is every major storyline from the comics going to play out now? Without Carl? He is a pretty central figure for most of them. This seems illogical right now.

*fingers crossed*

And for the record, screw Eugene. Legit hoping he's the next one to go.

Archived