The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

I read somewhere that this season will have even more character focused episodes than last season.

Ive never seen anything like that posted on the subreddit.

I have however seen multiple interviews from Scott Gimple saying this season will have more episodes involving the cast as a group and not duos or solo episodes. That was the biggest criticism from previous seasons, too many bottle and filler character centric episodes.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah. I don't watch FEAR so idk about that but even the video game series story has kinda gone to groups vs hostile groups and all that, though less so than the TV show obvs (only mentioning the game cause Gen mentioned it first)

My lifes Partner lost interest on the main series because he says that everytime a bad guy goes after them and get's killed (Governor), a new one Pops up and does the same(Negan) and he is pretty sure that after Negan is gone, they will Pop up another one so the Show is more about conflict then actual survival, Exploration and Things that the series focused more on in the first few Seasons,

Now the Walkers are just there because they are part of the TWD universe and everything else is about gunning each other for dominance.

He understands that it is a part of such a world and that there always will be such People around acting like that, what he dislikes is that they became the main Focus of the series Seasons in, Seasons out.

I'm still watching since I like some of the characters and because I'm a fan of the series though.

I seriously don't get that complaint. If you really want the walkers to be the main threat of the show forever then I don't think you really understand what TWD is. The walkers can't be the main focus forever otherwise there would be no show left.

Should it always be about gunning down the next army? Absolutely not there has to be some sort of middle ground there, but the show moving on to opposing communites was the natural progression. I don't want to bring up realism into this show because they've gone out of their way to through realism out the door, but they're several years in at this point (the vague timeline puts it at about 3 years) and a hell of a lot of the walker population would be incapacitated bones by now. What would be left after that? A feudal society vying for power and supplies.

Realism hasn't bothered me as it's not just a drama zombie tv show but it's based on a comic book series. Which was never about realism and many opposing community threats is as huge of a theme in the books as it is on the main show.

My biggest problem with the show has always been many characters and way certain story arcs have played out

Havent seen the finale of Fear and or the latest episode of Walking Dead so I skimmed a lot and I dont know who is arguing what...

But I dont understand the complaints about the lack of realism. This is a show about zombies and to be fair, its still a lot more realistic than 90% of action movies. I dont mind cool but questionable things like the tiger and whatnot.

I know some people laugh at the Kingdom gimmick but yo, Ive seen and heard of crazier things in real life. Theres grown men who think of themselves as babies and GROUPS of people who bow down to charismatic cult leaders. In a fictional show, Ezekiel and Negan brainwashing groups into thinking their way isnt hard to believe.

I don't even think that the main Problem is the realism here.

We all know it's a comic book and that certains things will be not really realistic.

The main problem I think many have is that several times the characters are doing things that are out of their character and after they did them, they just shrug them off as if it were their "normal" behaviour.

Of course one could debate there is is no "normal", neither in their Comic book world, nor in ours since the term is viewed always differently from Person to Person and depends on what each and every one of us considers to be "normal" in our lifes which is based solely on the way and things we are used to, the things we have grown up with, our beliefes and our surroundings.

Yet when you have a Person say in one Scene like (just as example), "no one get's hurt, besides ONE Person" and in the next scene he and others actually hurt and kill several People totally forgetting that he just said like 2 minutes ago, it's kinda bad and totally out of place in my opinion.

One could argue of course that the situation needed this approach, but the character for itself could had addressed the change of mind at least at a later Point instead of just shrugging it off and moving on without a comment.

Such actions make characters that have gained lots of depth in the past looking shallow again.

Maybe the writer thought that through this the character will look more "badass", I don't know.

In my opinion though there are far better approaches to make someone look like a "badass" then that.

Then you have characters like Sasha in the last season that would had NEVER just went gung ho running to her own capture no matter what Rosita said and yet instead of laying in wait till a chance Shows itself so she can take out Negan from afar, she just says "oh well, let's do this" and runs with a sniper rifle into the "lions nest" and due to this into her own meaningless death (at that Point in time).

Then you have them all wanting to see Negan dead, yet everytime he stands in front of them talking, no one shoots at him at all (except the one time in last season).

That's just bad writing in my opinion and it doesn't matter if it's out of a Comic or real world circumstances.

So when it comes to this, the writing of season 3 in FTW was superior to the writing in TWD in my opinion.

The Kingdom are great. The fact they had Ezekiel 'pull back the curtain' in that first episode of his was very cleverly done. It made you realise that yeah it's a little goofy, but it makes sense within the context of that world.

The Kingdom is the best new addition for a long time IMO and not even just because of the tiger. I really enjoy King Zeke and I really wanna see Jerry use that god damn battle axe! :lol:

Damn man what a strange return for a tertiary character. Im all for it though, I suppose we have another original group member on the show. :lol:

Fun episode, I like that they got to learn that not all of Negans minions are evil. Only most of them lol.

that return shockes be. did not see that coming. i wonder if we'll ever see that other group from S1 that was taking care of the old folks?

They were found dead during a deleted scene from the season 2 premier.

lmao

After binge watching the first seven seasons I always wondered what happened to the other half of the Atlanta group and then comes this :lol:

Love it

What other half exactly? There were a bunch of no-named ones that got killed when the walkers attacked the Atlanta camp. Morales and his family (wife and daughter) left on their own. Aside from him all the ones from Atlanta went with Rick & co to the CDC. The only ones alive from them are Rick, Carl, Carol & Daryl. I guess Morgan kinda.

and now Morales.

At the end of the first season some people went with Rick, some others with Morales

No they didnt it was only him, his wife and daughter. I just rewatched it. All the other ones that were alive went with Rick.

This is one way to tie up one loose end. Love it, adds so much depth between the two. They ended off as allies and now, it's like they're two different people.

Sheesh, no loyalty huh? If it were me, I'd probably be throwing icebreakers and cracking jokes

What do you guys think of the theory that's going around about the little girl we saw in the future/dream timeline not being Judith but actually Gracie? Could teary-eyed Rick be crying over the loss of his daughter?

I like that theory a lot. Would be nice little bit of decent writing, which this show needs more of. :lol:

Ricks been raising someone elses baby, I suppose he can do it again.

Archived