The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Oh I did read the recaps, but in truth nothing really stuck in my mind. At least not at this point, it was enough to get me into that first episode I watched and I took it from there. I just got that Nick didn't like where he was at and left to clear his own head. I got that, understandable to me IMO, but that might be my own head canon.

+ it really is so-so show isn't it? TWD proper has its faults and has gotten stale (in some aspects) but at least it has that gravitas aura about it. Fear just feels like a slog to watch.

I'm enjoying it somewhat, but it's not something I'd binge.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been trying to hang onto the show in hopes of it improving but apart from one episode this season (season 3), it's been such a drag for me. There are passable moments but in general, it's been so sloppily crafted. They apparently have a new show runner for season 4, so there's a part of me that is willing to bear with it for yet another season. But man, they're testing me.

Something that bothered me way more than it should have:

Not the most recent episode, but the one before that...when they see the prison bus and they start killing all the prisoners...I'm 99.99% sure that prisoners are all chained together in those buses, and the chains run under the seats, and it would be virtually impossible for all of those prisoners to be walking around outside of the bus like they were. Again...bothered me way more than it should have. I know it's really not a big deal.

Something that bothered me way more than it should have:

Not the most recent episode, but the one before that...when they see the prison bus and they start killing all the prisoners...I'm 99.99% sure that prisoners are all chained together in those buses, and the chains run under the seats, and it would be virtually impossible for all of those prisoners to be walking around outside of the bus like they were. Again...bothered me way more than it should have. I know it's really not a big deal.

They probably had found a way to break out or at least try to do so and died through Shooting in the process ending up as Walkers. The reason I believe that is because the officers were also outside so a some short of accident or a breakout must have happened that lead to this. :)

*Censored*. I love the show. Don't know what it is.

Like I legit look forward to each new episode more than I did Walking Dead. But with that said, I still haven't seen Sunday's episode.

I like season 3 a lot too.

The whole series had a slower pace since it also took place in LA instead of a "village" like in ricks place in twd so it made sense things will be handled differently and not all hell will break loose THAT fast.

Even i understood why many people disliked the slow approach and found the build up of the characters boring, I think it payed out to see how they slowly but steady have grown with the Situation and learned to deal with it in different ways.

It also makes sense that they have found camps more often then the twd people that were mainly somewhere outside and far away from the bigger cities.

Just hope that season 3 will be a bit more action with it (though it already does) and that the pace season 3 came with will remain cause it was nice to have a slow approach at first but now that the main characters are quite fleshed out and newer ones are introduced, we don't need that slow approach on things anymore.

Yeah read about that. The stuntman was doing a scene with an actor on a balcony and fell 30ft. He was pronounced brain dead at hospital. Terrible stuff and a horrific accident. Can't imagine what that actor must feel like being the one with him, I guess we'll find out come season time.

RIP.

Christ...as shitty as it is to say, this is why big shows have stunt people; I don't want to suggest for one second that one life is worth less than another...but if that was an actor who died, the show would be in quite the squeeze to rework everything. Kinda puts everything in perspective.

How the hell did they capture Gabriel?

Well I'm guessing we'll find that out lol. The Garbage Pale Kids managed to do it last season.

5 minutes is hella long for a trailer, I feel like I've seen everything. It all looks pretty fun though, it looks like a good amount of time is being given the alliance and strategies of the different communities. I kinda hope one of them, preferably Hilltop gets burned down or something.

Anyone notice that the logo is all nice and clean now? It's been decaying for 7 years. I guess they are no longer The Walking Dead...

Well I'm guessing we'll find that out lol. The Garbage Pale Kids managed to do it last season.

5 minutes is hella long for a trailer, I feel like I've seen everything. It all looks pretty fun though, it looks like a good amount of time is being given the alliance and strategies of the different communities. I kinda hope one of them, preferably Hilltop gets burned down or something.

Anyone notice that the logo is all nice and clean now? It's been decaying for 7 years. I guess they are no longer The Walking Dead...

:lol:

Just speculation. Are only the survivors in a "Take no prisoner" mindset or...? Cause if both sides are trying to ice each other, why have hostages?

• 2 weeks later...

Just speculation. Are only the survivors in a "Take no prisoner" mindset or...? Cause if both sides are trying to ice each other, why have hostages?

I don't think Gabriel was a hostage. It looked like one of the houses in Alexandria. Negan being there can mean anything.

It seems that Shiva will "bite it" to reduce the productions CGI costs. :(

At least it seems that way in the Trailer with her being surrounded by Walkers.

The Comic con Trailer of the second half of Season 3 of fear Looks promising.

Can't wait to watch further. :)

• 1 month later...

Wow! I never thought this will happen but Nick pissed me in the latest Episode of Fear SO OFF, I wanted him and Troy to get hit by a Meteorite and die on the spot!

This is the first time in my entire life that I literaly shouted towards a tv character like that. I wanted to grab them and scream on their face for being THAT stupid. :P

RIP Jake. :( I really hope Alisha kills Troy and punches her brother unconcious for being the stupid person he really is

• 2 weeks later...

People on Reddit are thinking it'll be Abraham's group from before he joined the show, when they were in Texas. Not sure if that's before or after he meets Rosita & Eugene, but apparently the (already vague) timeline would be about right.

Which would mean we could see Abe with his family & being more of an army sergeant or we could be seeing all the people that he and Rosita talked about helping them on the early stages of protecting Eugene. Some of those people could be characters already in Fear, but I never made it past season 2 so I wouldn't know.

Archived