The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Other than her singing scenes, Beth didn't bother me much. Can't say I was a fan but she never made me want to bash my head against a wall, so to speak.

I gotta say, the only characters that have bothered me to such an extent have been Andrea, Carl, Sasha, and Rosita.

Funny Thing is that Andrea is a loved character in the Comics along with Carl while People hated her and his portrayal on the Screen. :P

That's why Andrea is still alive in the Comics (as far as I remember) and her on Screen role was split between Sasha (the sniper) and Michonne (Ricks girlfriend).

One of the characters that totally annoyed me in the beginning was Gabriel.

Most of all when he almost got Michonne and Carl killed (though my lifespartner was excited to see carl die and was sad that it didn't happen :P ).

I actually like both Rosita and Sasha due to the journey they both had to go through (most of all Sasha that lost Tyrese, then Bob, the Abraham on Screen) and because both are characters that won't sit on their Hands waiting for things to happen but would rather even sacrifice themselves for the group.

You are right. I just rechecked and she seems to be a main cast in the meantime. :)

I thought she is still reccuring since we barely saw her at all and she was mostly handled like a reccuring character. :)

I wouldn't compare her with Daryl or the other main characters since they are barely using her in most episodes though. That's what also makes the difference between her and Daryl, Rick, Michonne and other main characters. She get's the least screentime from them all.

And how much screen time did Beth have compared to those characters? Definitely on the lower side of the spectrum close to Tara's level I would say. The point is: they're both tertiary characters who are not as major as your Daryls and your Ricks.

I'm glad you brought up the screen time again, though, because that was something I wanted to comment on. Earlier in the topic I recall you being rather critical on the handling of Tara and Heath. And while I do agree it's been poor, for this instance, I would not blame the writers too harshly since factors outside their control have come into play: Alanna was pregnant during production and the guy who plays Heath was busy filming 24. So for these two characters the writers have been limited and I think when criticizing them that is something that needs to be considered.

I knew about Heath filming for the other series he is involved so it makes sense he isn't much on this season but didn't know that Alana was pregnant. :)

What I meant about him was that he got hyped for season 6 as a "Major character" but ended up to be barely on the screen at all. When he was he wasn't as Major as hyped either.

Beth had more screentime then heath or tara in every season she was involved (in the farm, in the prison and later).

Even in her final season in which she got one single Episode, a full Episode with daryl(the one she was kidnapped at the end) and a few others on which she was with the cops and noah.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Rosita and Sasha - Yep and through their needless sacrifice they're going to screw things up for the group and make things worse.

RE: Beth and Tara - Screen time is irrelevant to me. What matters is their importance to the plot. It wasn't until they began the hospital storyline that Beth truly became crucial to the plot. Much like how Tara is currently becoming crucial to plot with the Oceanside plot line.

Andrea's character in the comics isn't just Rick's sniper girlfriend. Those are two characters traits that they've shared between Sasha and Michonne, but those aren't the only things comic-Andrea has going for her.

RE: Rosita and Sasha - Yep and through their needless sacrifice they're going to screw things up for the group and make things worse.

RE: Beth and Tara - Screen time is irrelevant to me. What matters is their importance to the plot. It wasn't until they began the hospital storyline that Beth truly became crucial to the plot. Much like how Tara is currently becoming crucial to plot with the Oceanside plot line.

Rosita and Sasha: I guess they went that way to write off Sasha in the process by getting her killed while giving Rosita more grief in case she doesn't get killed there too.

Tara: Yeah. It seems that she is gonna tell Rick about it which makes me VERY worried since the Oceanside immediately shoot someone at sight. :(

Unless she manages to meet the granddaughter somehow and talk with her first.

I have a strange feeling that you're on to something here... wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if you're 100% accurate here.

Don't think you have to be worried about anyone from Oceanside ever killing Rick. Or anyone important.

Well it's pretty obvious that Rick, Daryl, Carl and Maggie won't die. :P

Everyone else is a maybe and Sasha is marked for death since she got the leading role in the new star trek series and won't have time for TWD anymore.

In fact: who do you think will survive/die this season? :)

1. Maggie will almost certainly not be there.

2. I think Oceanside will be way more receptive than we are thinking.

3. Sasha isn't automatically marked for death because she's gong to be in Star Trek. TWD films in the summer specifically, for all we know Star Trek films in the winter or the spring or the autumn.

4. I think Carol is dying this season. I think she'll be forced back into the action to save the others, but will sacrifice herself to do so.

Nah Carol shouldn't take any blame, it's not her fault that Richard set the whole thing up wrong. Inadvertent or not, the blame doesn't pass to her IMO. She also has no reason to feel horrible, Carol is a damn hard head, she knows how the world works. If anything the kid is to blame for calling that one guy a "rat faced prick".

I actually thought this was a genuinely good episode. I really enjoy The Kingdom and I think they have a good cast of characters. I thought the two deaths ... heh it's always two when it comes to The Saviors it seems, were handled well and Morgan ruled in this episode. I figured the kid was gonna die when he gave Morgan that painting.

I'm pumped for The Kingdom, Carol and Morgan getting involved in the action now the war is gonna kick some *censored*ing ass!

Also is anyone else waiting for Jerry to actually use that damn battle axe?

Archived