The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're talking about Tara at the end, she ran because the Oceanside people were going to kill her. They weren't letting her go; it was a setup, so she made the right decision.

Why even let all of that go on for that long if that was the decision they'd reach anyways? There was only one person in that whole camp that didn't want her dead. Why not pop her right there at camp when that's what they'd rather done to begin with? She wouldn't have even gotten the chance to run and now they run the risk of exposure that set these events off to begin with. Just dumb as hell

And I agree about the episode being more about a "Negan's influence on the land" thing than just some "Yeah, Tara... just because." I wouldn't be surprised if his reign is indeed ended by that camp, or at least they sacrifice themselves for Rick-Clan to finish it

They gave her a chance to talk and she said some pretty dumb shit. You don't know if that was the plan all along. They even offered her the chance to stay.

Plus...it's a television show. Questioning every bit of logic in a show is super silly.

Right. After Natania realized that Tara wasn't being entirely truthful she probably thought it wasn't worth keeping her, so she hatched out a plan to dipose of her without Cyndie knowing what they intended to do.

I think in an instance like this it's worth questioning the show's logic. But personally I believe in this case everything is sound.

I think it's bothering me because I'da had her offed while everyone was sleeping and move the body somewhere, lie and say she escaped.

There's a lot of dumb sheeit that happens on this show. People make stupid decisions, been around walkers all this time and still let their guard down constantly. They let them creep up on them, allow monsters who's bodies are decaying and lacking the overall weight and strength of their live hosts overpower them making the living forget how to defend themselves. I accept that.

That plan... I just can't, lmao. I can't *Censored* that girl. Suck it up and deal with it. They've shot others on sight. She's dealt with that. Deal with this

I don't know what the sleeping situation was like, but I'm sure that wouldn't have gone too well since there would have been too many variables to blow their cover. Like noise. Like Cyndie. Like Tara herself. Too many risks to do it right there in their living quarters. So I think Natania ultimately devised the best plan to avoid a situation like that. Of course the plan didn't fool either Tara or Cyndie but I still think, in Natania's mind, it gave her the best chance to avoid further turmoil with her granddaughter. Which is key to this whole thing.

Regarding Cyndie. First, I believe she opposes their shoot-on-sight protocol, period. It's something she doesn't like doing and (I could be wrong) is something she hasn't done herself. You try to get over something you morally object to. It's hard even in the zombie apocalypse.

Second, since she saved Tara she's developed a personal attachment for her. She's not some faceless human to her. She wants the person she kept alive to stay alive.

I think I'm a special case with the logic thing. Action and horror are my favourite genres. With that said, I'd be a pretty miserable *Censored* if I questioned the logic in most of the shit I've watched.

If every character was brilliant, people would rarely die from things like Zombies (well the kind who are mostly spread out like in The Walking Dead anyways).

Just watched the ep. It wasn't nearly as bad as some made it out to be, but some of it just didn't make any sense. I must've missed something because I don't understand why chick ran towards the end of it. You make it that far just to run and risk gettin your sheeit flown? Stupid.

And I hate myself for thinking about bunny rubbing every time I see Tara

If you're talking about Tara at the end, she ran because the Oceanside people were going to kill her. They weren't letting her go; it was a setup, so she made the right decision.

However, her decision to follow the girl at the beginning and sneak around was bullshit. She had no business to do that. You don't pull that shit when someone gives you food and water and allows you to walk away. That's ridiculous.

Well said. As I mentioned before, it's almost certainly the studio just wanting to fill time and the writers not preparing enough of "filler" story between main plot points.

I don't think that's fair to say that the Tara episode was filling time. There was essential material in there that provided more context about how sinister Negan and his methods can be if you choose to fight back. And it also progresses the story with the bullet shells being on the bridge.

I'm pretty sure this won't be the last we see of Oceanside. Tension has been setup. Bullets and guns are in that area and Rick's group needs bullets and guns. This was not filler.

You're right, which we could have seen interspliced with Maggie and Sasha's episode at Hilltop.

I don't know what the sleeping situation was like, but I'm sure that wouldn't have one too well since there would have been too many variables to blow their cover. Like noise. Like Cyndie. Like Tara herself. Too many risks to do it right there in their living quarters. So I think Natania ultimately devised the best plan to avoid a situation like that. Of course the plan didn't fool either Tara or Cyndie but I still think, in Natania's mind, it gave her the best chance to avoid further turmoil with her granddaughter. Which is key to this whole thing.

Regarding Cyndie. First, I believe she opposes their shoot-on-sight protocol, period. It's something she doesn't like doing and (I could be wrong) is something she hasn't done herself. You try to get over something you morally object to. It's hard even in the zombie apocalypse.

Second, since she saved Tara she's developed a personal attachment for her. She's not some faceless human to her. She wants the person she kept alive to stay alive.

Yeah, I guess I agree with all of that. I figured the two (I don't do names after one episode, I'm awful with names) that took Tara offsite could've been on guard duty that night and be like "Hey, come walk with us. We gotta cuff your ass like a boss, doe", walk her to the perimeter and shank her to the back. You let her turn, go back the next day or later that night. finish the job, remove the cuffs, put the body somewhere (or leave it there) and say she ran and didn't get far. ALOOOOOOOOT of work, I know.

I guess it's because I saw how this plan actually turned out that I'm unpleased with it. If it had worked, depending on where they stabbed her, it would come down to Cyndie finding the body randomly and noticing she never turned. That way she'd know somebody from there offed her. But yeah, from Natania's perspective that all makes perfect sense.

I think it's sad that the younger girl, was it Rebecca(?), is so cold towards the shoot-on-sight thing. Guess you gotta get em young, program that mentality in

I don't know what the sleeping situation was like, but I'm sure that wouldn't have one too well since there would have been too many variables to blow their cover. Like noise. Like Cyndie. Like Tara herself. Too many risks to do it right there in their living quarters. So I think Natania ultimately devised the best plan to avoid a situation like that. Of course the plan didn't fool either Tara or Cyndie but I still think, in Natania's mind, it gave her the best chance to avoid further turmoil with her granddaughter. Which is key to this whole thing.

Yeah, I guess I agree with all of that. I figured the two (I don't do names after one episode, I'm awful with names) that took Tara offsite could've been on guard duty that night and be like "Hey, come walk with us. We gotta cuff your ass like a boss, doe", walk her to the perimeter and shank her to the back. You let her turn, go back the next day or later that night. finish the job, remove the cuffs, put the body somewhere (or leave it there) and say she ran and didn't get far. ALOOOOOOOOT of work, I know.

I guess it's because I saw how this plan actually turned out that I'm unpleased with it. If it had worked, depending on where they stabbed her, it would come down to Cyndie finding the body randomly and noticing she never turned. That way she'd know somebody from there offed her. But yeah, from Natania's perspective that all makes perfect sense.

I think it's sad that the younger girl, was it Rebecca(?), is so cold towards the shoot-on-sight thing. Guess you gotta get em young, program that mentality in

Why would you shank her in the back, let her turn and then come back the next night to finish the job? Lmao. You do that and you're gonna wake up with a zombie Tara munching half your town. Just shank her in the back of the head and dump the body.

It also doesn't take a night for someone to turn, we've seen it happen almost instantly. I believe in season 1 the CDC doc' said anywhere between 2 hours and 2 days. And then Shane turned very quickly... So the jury is still out with that one tbh.

If you shank her in the head and the girl happens to find this body.on a whim, she'll know Tara wasn't initially turned, she was murdered. If you shank her in the back, cuff her to a tree or something, and let her turn, then finish her off later, she'd have actual walker signs if the body was discovered. The point being make it look like she tried to run and got bit rather than they just killed her straight

Like I said, alot of work and thought when the plan they had wouldve worked in theory anyways. Tara just showed more wit and determinationin in that moment than she had previously and Oceanside may pay for it now

Dunno, sounds convoluted to me. Furthermore, I don't think Cyndie would have bought the "she ran off" explanation since Tara demonstrated that she doesn't run when she's not in physical danger.

Anyway, I'm excited for tonight's episode. I'm curious to see how much they remix Carl's interaction with Negan.

Dunno, sounds convoluted to me. Furthermore, I don't think Cyndie would have bought the "she ran off" explanation since Tara demonstrated that she doesn't run when she's not in physical danger.

Anyway, I'm excited for tonight's episode. I'm curious to see how much they remix Carl's interaction with Negan.

I love the episodes name and what it refers too.

I love the episodes name and what it refers too.

Me too. :shifty: If they do it, it's going to be even creepier.

Having a laugh at how Carl looked when this show started.

We're all old.

24ovdzb.jpg

I'm gonna have to sit down and watch the entire series again sometime. I haven't seen the original episodes since they aired. Not one of those people who got into watching things over and over. But I will eventually.

What more does Negan have to do to prove he shouldn't be *censored*ed with? Carl saw what he did and still goes on a suicide mission and the rest of them are plotting amongst themselves.

Rick gets the message and is trying his best to change everyone but people seem to think that he's basically wrong and Rick is now weak.

Carl is a *censored*ing idiot anyways.

Tbh, Negan is not that scary to me. It takes one person. ONE. To just kill the dude, and all of his followers will be like "Okay...guess Negan is dead now...time to go back to being our own selves." There have been at least 3 or 4 perfect opportunities to just off Negan, and everyone has bitched out. Rick is King-bitch. Seeing characters miss blatant chances to kill Negan actually makes me happy that he's shitting in their cereal. They deserve it.

Archived