The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slow episode, but A decent one. I was wondering all week how they're going to bring The Saviors back into it considering Carol and Rick killed all the other ones lol. Sucks that Denise is dead, she was a fun character and the actress is really good. Ah well, atleast Daryl got his crossbow back. I wonder if they're going to explain why Dwight's face is burned.

Another thing about Daryl and his feels...

It was his decision to take the train tracks on the way back. He's definitely blaming himself for Denise dying in that sense...because they wouldn't have been exposed otherwise. In fact, it's entirely possible that Daryl is just leaving the group...going out on his own because he has come to the conclusion that he's getting too soft around other people. He knew originally that taking the tracks was a bad idea, but he changed his mind after they traversed them successfully the first time. He knew that killing the burnt forest people was the right thing...but he let his conflicted feelings talk him out of doing so. Riding off on his bike might be to get revenge on the people who killed Denise...or it might just be him leaving the group. I'm sure he'll kill those people either way...he just might not return afterwards. He also had that talk with Carol where she told him he was right and she knew it when he said it...and that was right before Carol left the group. So, the thing he was "right" about was probably about the two of them not belonging there...unless that talk alluded to something else that I just missed.

Also why they took those shitty train tracks is beyond me. What A dumb af decision. Railways are the most direct line between places. In normal times anf times of crisis like this you can be damn sure people are gonna be taking them. Hence why Terminus put those signs on them. And especially with bad dudes like The Saviors around. Rosita made one successful walk through it, but that doesn't mean its always gonna be safe. Daryl has been a real idiot these past few episodes and it's showing, badly. I get that it was for the story and to progress stuff, but damn come on Daryl.

Also why they took those shitty train tracks is beyond me. What A dumb af decision. Railways are the most direct line between places. In normal times anf times of crisis like this you can be damn sure people are gonna be taking them. Hence why Terminus put those signs on them. And especially with bad dudes like The Saviors around. Rosita made one successful walk through it, but that doesn't mean its always gonna be safe. Daryl has been a real idiot these past few episodes and it's showing, badly. I get that it was for the story and to progress stuff, but damn come on Daryl.

I thought that at first but they had Eugene, they were probably following Daryl and them the whole way, it didn't matter which path they took. It's not like they were just camping the railroad waiting for any random group to pass, they were specifically after Daryl.

That's what I'm saying though...it's to show that Daryl is becoming too soft...that he's conflicted with himself, because he wants to trust other people, but he knows deep down that he still knows how to survive a shitload better than everyone he surrounds himself with. The train tracks were just one thing in a long list of stupid mistakes that he made directly because he trusted the poor decision-making of other people. Which is why I think he's not just riding off to kill the burnt forest people...but to leave in general.

I just hate the finale is the same day as Wrestlemania

just had to be reminded of that, great D:

with the way the WM card looks right now, if you watched TWD instead , would you really be missing anything special during that hour? lol

I thought that at first but they had Eugene, they were probably following Daryl and them the whole way, it didn't matter which path they took. It's not like they were just camping the railroad waiting for any random group to pass, they were specifically after Daryl.

Yeah you're probably right and thats A good enough answer, but I mean in general also. Stay away from them.

@Gen'

Am I missing something? Daryl's leaving? I guess Carol is, but is Daryl doing so as well?

@Gen'

Am I missing something? Daryl's leaving? I guess Carol is, but is Daryl doing so as well?

Not necessarily...

I'm just saying that I think he is leaving in general. They showed a clip of him tearing out of the town on his motorcycle. He's either going to get vengence and then return, or he's going to track down Carol and convince her to come back...or he's just leaving in general (which is what I think he's doing).

@Gen'

Not necessarily...

I'm just saying that I think he is leaving in general. They showed a clip of him tearing out of the town on his motorcycle. He's either going to get vengence and then return, or he's going to track down Carol and convince her to come back...or he's just leaving in general (which is what I think he's doing).

Oh fair enough I didn't see the promos so I thought I had missed something.

Mackenzie Crook!

Oh wait...it's Dwight. It was cool to see him again.

I've got to say...I'm not too bothered about Denise's death, although I have been looking forward to seeing who would get Abraham's death from the comics so it was cool to see that.

I could see Daryl gone for a while before returning at a key point against The Saviors.

Man Mackenzie Crook really should have played Dwight!

Also thats another thing that pissed me off about this episode. Why is the ONLY Doctor in Alexandria going beyond the walls in the first place. She told Tara a couple weeks ago she cant go out because she's valuable so why is she off wandering around now? No excuses. She is probably the most valuable person in Alexandria right now and Rick should be protecting that woman at all times, not only because she saved Carl's life, but because she can save anyones life. I get it, storyline purposes and whatnot but please.

Also before anyone thinks I'm being too negative or whatever, I'm not really. I thought the episode was really good and I still think this back-half of the season is the strongest TWD has ever been. I just think some of the decisions made by the characters in this episode were stupid.

Yup.

Her being allowed to go simply because she threatened to go on her own was ridiculous. If they had a character better at reasoning (probably anyone other than Rosita or Daryl), they would have told her that they understand why she wants to go, but she is far too important to the people of Alexandria...and that shit would have worked. She would have backed right down. Guaranteed. And the fact that they let her go based on Daryl and Rosita being shit at understanding why people do things would have made sense...if not for the fact that I'm sure everyone who leaves needs to check in with the rest of the group...especially Rick. And if it was about learning how to dispatch walkers and get her confidence up, she could have practiced on a single walker right outside of the walls, with the direct support of the entire community. If it was about the orange soda...then she deserved to die.

. Yeap. Denise wanted to start pulling her weight, despite working her ass off as the only doctor already so they instantly had her take a road trip to a dangerous spot. They didn't have her with Daryl & Rosita & and anyone else practicing outside the gates first.

Also does anyone else find it funny that Denise didn't mention about the Apothecary in the whole 2 years she's been in Alexandria before? She mentions she saw it when things started going down. Alexandria had run crews all along, Heath, Nick, Aiden etc. They weren't good at it, but still, you'd think something that important would've come up sooner.

^ Didn't think about that second part...but, maybe it was inaccessible for all that time (note the ridiculous amount of bloody hand prints outside the entrance, suggesting that there was a shitload of walkers trying to get in there)...

Eh I guess that could be it. Either way it was just A bit an eye roll moment. But even then all it takes is for her to say to Daryl and Rosita that she mentioned it to Heath or Nick in the past, but could never get to it because of walker traffic in the area. It's easily forgive able for sure, but a mishap on the writers side.

Does the other settlement have a doctor? That might be the solution. The hill top place that Jesus is from. If they have a doctor, then they can maybe get that doctor to jump ship when the other settlement either joins them or gets taken out. Another option would have been the doctor that they were going to trade for with the Saviors...but they ended up shooting that guy. Or they could start training new people to be doctors. There is certainly no shortage of cadavers. :lol:

Does the other settlement have a doctor? That might be the solution. The hill top place that Jesus is from. If they have a doctor, then they can maybe get that doctor to jump ship when the other settlement either joins them or gets taken out. Another option would have been the doctor that they were going to trade for with the Saviors...but they ended up shooting that guy. Or they could start training new people to be doctors. There is certainly no shortage of cadavers. :lol:

They do. The guy that did Maggie's baby scan. There really cant be more than one doctor on this show at a time. :lol: they could get him to join the town I guess, but at the moment that seems like a bit of a stretch.

*censored*ing Denise! I hate it when inexperienced characters want to go out. Then upon being told they're not ready will insist to "prove something." If I'm working on a construction site and someone with experience tells me I'm not ready to work heavy machinery I WOULDN'T DO IT. "Oh, but I know how to use a machete." Really, bitch? You didn't even know how to hold the thing correctly! Then her stupid unnecessarily long speech in the open. You leave, head to your location then get.your.ass.home. She deserved to get killed on grounds of stupidity alone. You don't know who could be watching considering that's how THEY scout people.

Archived