The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

Yeah, the Negan entrance has to be gut wrenching, right? That writes off Abraham as his victim. Right now, the common viewer doesn't give two shits (or dingle berries) about him after the way he broke up with Rosita. I feel like he's in an awkward spot now where he can't die without redemption first, perhaps saving Rosita. And Morgan - I can see how it would be tragic how the guy who wants peace gets Lucille, but again I still feel like the viewer, after 6 seasons, has the same mindset as Rick and would have no patience for a guy like Morgan in this world. I always go back and forth with Judith being the victim because I really don't know how long they're going to keep this up with the group trying to raise her. That would be pretty disturbing tv. Maybe that's too much.

That leaves me guessing either Carol, Daryl, or Glenn. It really should be a season 1 character. All 3 are in some kind of path to wrap up their story in the next 4 episodes, so it makes sense for either of them to go.

If you're waiting for them to kill off Judith you're gonna be waiting A long time. They're not going to kill A baby especially not with Lucille, thats just a bit too much for TWD.

Daryl isn't going anywhere, he brings in the most merch and people love him way too much.

It'll be Carol or Maggie. It probably should be an original cast member, but by this point Maggie is also pretty much that anyway plus I cant see them having another baby on the show. Also they made a big deal over Glenn having to kill his first person and they used those weird Polaroids to give it a bit if weight, but you know Glenn is still gonna be hugely reluctant. If they kill off Maggie and his child they can give Glenn a snap in character, have him go beserk and really take it to The Saviors. I kinda hope that will happen.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morgan doesn't need to die to prove anything. The morally righteous character that refuses to be changed by the situation has been killed off 3 times already. It doesn't really pack a punch anymore.

It'll prove that Rick's line of thinking was wrong and that he & the group need to proceed differently when it comes to dealing with other groups (y'know not killing them while they're sleeping and such). It'll teach Rick that death is not always the answer -- that they're are other penalties that can be dealt to those they see as threats. Morgan is building a jail cell and it will be that very cell that Rick will use to honor him by when he feels it's appropriate.

I'm not saying I'm right and I'm just offering my own thoughts on how things will play out.

I could see it but they already did that with Herschel and the Governor. Moral compass that got caught up in their dealing with another group. And I think Rick and the group as a whole cared a lot more about Herschel than they do about Morgan. Morgan just kind of showed up and no one besides Rick knows really anything about him and the majority of them disagree with him.

Morgan doesn't need to die to prove anything. The morally righteous character that refuses to be changed by the situation has been killed off 3 times already. It doesn't really pack a punch anymore.

It'll prove that Rick's line of thinking was wrong and that he & the group need to proceed differently when it comes to dealing with other groups (y'know not killing them while they're sleeping and such). It'll teach Rick that death is not always the answer -- that they're are other penalties that can be dealt to those they see as threats. Morgan is building a jail cell and it will be that very cell that Rick will use to honor him by when he feels it's appropriate.

I'm not saying I'm right and I'm just offering my own thoughts on how things will play out.

I could see it but they already did that with Herschel and the Governor. Moral compass that got caught up in their dealing with another group. And I think Rick and the group as a whole cared a lot more about Herschel than they do about Morgan. Morgan just kind of showed up and no one besides Rick knows really anything about him and the majority of them disagree with him.

The way I see it, someone's gotta rein Rick in a bit. He's going down a dangerous path that will lead to constant bloodshed. It's similar to the Herschel-Governor bout except in this case it's the inverse (Rick's group are the attackers) with a different lesson that will be taught. The Governor attack taught Rick that he can't let his guard down too much, that they need to protect themselves better in a world like this. Here, IF it plays out like I think it does, the lesson will be killing isn't always the answer, that there are other options to consider and use.

Is the actual scenario the most original thing? I suppose not, but I'm just here to predict what I think the writers are going to do.

I agree that Morgan lacks the personal connection Herschel had with the others; he's not a father figure. But I don't think it matters. What matters is if he was right. Plus, we have four (?) episodes left, so that's plenty of time to get some characterization in for Morgan, which has been lacking lately.

The way I see it, someone's gotta rein Rick in a bit. He's going down a dangerous path that will lead to constant bloodshed. It's similar to the Herschel-Governor bout except in this case it's the inverse (Rick's group are the attackers) with a different lesson that will be taught. The Governor attack taught Rick that he can't let his guard down too much, that they need to protect themselves better in a world like this. Here, IF it plays out like I think it does, the lesson will be killing isn't always the answer, that there are other options to consider and use.

Is the actual scenario the most original thing? I suppose not, but I'm just here to predict what I think the writers are going to do.

I agree that Morgan lacks the personal connection Herschel had with the others; he's not a father figure. But I don't think it matters. What matters is if he was right. Plus, we have four (?) episodes left, so that's plenty of time to get some characterization in for Morgan, which has been lacking lately.

Plus, knowing this show and how many bad decisions they've made throughout they'll probably do Morgan because the casual audience likes him and have done since episode 1 rather than doing someone like Maggie or Carol whose deaths would actually effect multiple characters. Pretty much all of them. As said Morgan is just an acquaintance of Rick's who turned up. So they could one of two ways. Actually progress the story and their characters or go for the shock factor for the casual audience.

Also and I know this may sound pedantic, but it's spelled Hershel. :lol::)

I blame Grenade. ;):D

I don't think it's an awful decision. It may not be most ideal situation in terms of impact and shock value (although I still think killing Morgan has impact and I'm not a casual viewer), but, as of right now, I think it works really well thematically. It's a moral lesson thing that's been done before, sure, but the lesson itself is different I think.

Now if Glenn or Maggie dies, thematically it'll show there's no hope left in this world for Rick. It'll show that perhaps true civilization is unobtainable and that the future is bleak. (For the added bonus, if it's Maggie, then Glenn will go apeshit and become all ruthless -- but they've done that before, too, so...) I think that works, but it lacks the moral lesson that I know will be taught at some point. I mean, you don't expect the writers to keep Rick and crew morally inept for long, do you? I just don't see that happening.

If it's Carol, I'm not sure what the effect will be at this point. Obviously, it'll be a devastating blow to the survivors but thematically what are we suppose to get out of it? I don't think there's a clear answer, yet, because Carol is currently undergoing major character development, so by the time we get to the finale she may be totally different. So as of now, I think it's hard to call for her.

Morgan dying wouldn't necessarily prove he was right. Everyone knew he was right that there was a real chance of members of their group dying when they attacked the Saviors. Their only disagreement was that Morgan thought there was some chance of reasoning with them or having a peaceful relationship which I think Glenn especially knows now that was impossible. Rick and the group made the decision because they knew that if they didn't, the Saviors would eventually attack them which they are right about and now Glenn on top of Darrell , Abraham, and Sasha know for sure pretty much. If anything I could see Morgan being killed while refusing to kill someone in self defense and would prove the exact opposite.

I understand they probably want to teach a moral lesson or whatever but they have literally already done that 3 times, once with a character much more impactful than Morgan. They have a bad record of basically repeating the same plot every season but I can hope that they will do something different.

Okay, all of this hypothetical discussion is growing tiresome now. There are four episodes left, so who knows what will happen. All I did was suggest that if Morgan is killed, Rick may have second thoughts about how he pursued the situation. I don't see how that is out of the realm believability. Furthermore, if Morgan perishes, I would think Rick would want to honor his friend in some form like reconsidering the usefulness of his philosophical teachings. Will that happen? Once again, I have no clue. There are signs that seem to point in this direction to me but things can change.

Yeah, the Negan entrance has to be gut wrenching, right? That writes off Abraham as his victim. Right now, the common viewer doesn't give two shits (or dingle berries) about him after the way he broke up with Rosita. I feel like he's in an awkward spot now where he can't die without redemption first, perhaps saving Rosita. And Morgan - I can see how it would be tragic how the guy who wants peace gets Lucille, but again I still feel like the viewer, after 6 seasons, has the same mindset as Rick and would have no patience for a guy like Morgan in this world. I always go back and forth with Judith being the victim because I really don't know how long they're going to keep this up with the group trying to raise her. That would be pretty disturbing tv. Maybe that's too much.

That leaves me guessing either Carol, Daryl, or Glenn. It really should be a season 1 character. All 3 are in some kind of path to wrap up their story in the next 4 episodes, so it makes sense for either of them to go.

If you're waiting for them to kill off Judith you're gonna be waiting A long time. They're not going to kill A baby especially not with Lucille, thats just a bit too much for TWD.

Daryl isn't going anywhere, he brings in the most merch and people love him way too much.

It'll be Carol or Maggie. It probably should be an original cast member, but by this point Maggie is also pretty much that anyway plus I cant see them having another baby on the show. Also they made a big deal over Glenn having to kill his first person and they used those weird Polaroids to give it a bit if weight, but you know Glenn is still gonna be hugely reluctant. If they kill off Maggie and his child they can give Glenn a snap in character, have him go beserk and really take it to The Saviors. I kinda hope that will happen.

Yeah idk why I forgot to include Maggie. There's a lot of time being spent on her lately that it could lead to her demise. Plus, like I said, more babies more hassle. Glenn could go on a killing spree and now that he's finally got two under his belt, he won't hesitate. I've never been more hyped for an episode that wasn't a premiere or finale.

Bottle episode, but a rather great one. Great character development for Carol & Maggie, some weird new insight on this whole Negan shit and some great villains who were rather grounded and rather relatable. Interesting to see how actual Negan and the rest of The Saviors are gonna back into it, but they should be dropping like a bomb!

does anyone get the vibe that the team now have become bad people? I know you have do anything to survive in this World but it felt like they only killed when there backs were against the wall but when they are killing people when they're asleep and basically know nothing about this gang apart from they take other camps food and supplies does it justify killing everyone? I'm not complaining but it is very interesting supporting the main cast when they are killing for just about anything.

I thought the new episode was annoying until the last 15 minutes kicked in. Carroll for me is a very annoying character now. Was she acting so scared to make the henchmen not care about her or was she actually scared? Because she's been in a lot worse situation to have a panic attack about.

does anyone get the vibe that the team now have become bad people? I know you have do anything to survive in this World but it felt like they only killed when there backs were against the wall but when they are killing people when they're asleep and basically know nothing about this gang apart from they take other camps food and supplies does it justify killing everyone? I'm not complaining but it is very interesting supporting the main cast when they are killing for just about anything.

I thought the new episode was annoying until the last 15 minutes kicked in. Carroll for me is a very annoying character now. Was she acting so scared to make the henchmen not care about her or was she actually scared? Because she's been in a lot worse situation to have a panic attack about.

They're certainly portraying them as "less than good guys" lately. I think they're going for realism. Its normal for TV shows and movies to root for your main cast, but I like it that TWD are making you feel more neutral towards them. It's an interesting dynamic. In the end I think we're all going to root for Rick and Daryl and Glenn etc, but they're playing it nicely.

As for Carol. I think whether she was actually scared or not is ambiguous. We know Carol, we know she's ruthless, but she's definitely going through some character development right now. I'd say she was putting on the act, but who knows.

It's not as clear cut as it has been previously but I don't think that they're bad people at all. This time they just have the luxury of knowing what a group's about before it's too late and they're using it to their advantage.

About Carol:

The panic attack was fake, I think. Used so she could talk to and reason with The Saviors but she really doesn't want to kill anymore. I think it's supposed to show how Sam's death has affected her. Morgan's outlook and Tobin being in her life too I suppose.

I feel the same way. I think the panic attack and the fear was faked. I do however think she is starting to really regret a lot of the things she's done and breaking down a bit. It's not fear though, in my opinion.

Yeah I agree, however I think its fear of herself. Carol has been stoic and a hardass for so long now and the amounts of PTSD she has (they're all bound to have tbh) is finally catching up with her.

Going by the preview, I assume Daryl is going after Dwight and not Carol. Him and Carol has that outsider bond so if anybody he understands that she's getting some space and can certainly handle her own. Maybe he's out for both but more driven to find Dwight. Either way, things will all piece together.

^ Yeah, I think that too.

I think Daryl is going to go on an alcohol-fueled rage-session...maybe even turn into Merle a bit...which might be why they reminded the viewers about him. He goes a bit off the deep-end after seeing Denise (who was basically the most pure character they had) die in such an unjust way. He'll find the rest of the burnt forest group and kill them in the most unforgiving way.

Archived