The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

The whole episode almost felt like a dream sequence.

I swear, for about the first half of it, I expected Rick to wake up and be like "CORAL!"

Yeah me too. Felt very much like the beginning of season 4 when all we well at the prison. We all know shit is gonna drop rather quickly lmao.

I got a magician/escapologist feel from Jesus. Would make for a rather interesting character.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird episode. I liked it, but I felt more soap opera-y than most. It was cool though, Jesus was cool and the walker Deanna moment was alright. Carl and Enid's stuff was boring though.

Maybe...but I guess it was to show that Carl has compassion and understanding now. He went through his "eat all the pudding in the house and kill as many zombies as you can" tough guy act...and now it's showing that he's grown up more...to the point where helping Spencer kill his zombie mother became a priority of his. And at the same time, that scene was used to show that Enid is still not quite understanding what the outside world is like. Like she doesn't understand that Carl is trying to help Spencer heal...or even when she finds the balloon and makes a comment about there being other people in the world...and Carl has to remind her that they already know there are other people...because they destroyed the town and tried to kill everyone. I mean...it was a slow scene, but it featured some character progression anyway.

I think Glenn and Maggie are going to "adopt" her, so to speak. I think that's what Maggie was hinting at. Enid even looks kinda like Maggie. I guess the whole thing with her saving Glenn and Maggie on separate occasions was to show that she really just wants her parents back...or at least parental figures...or something like that. And she likes to act like a loner, but she even outright said in the church that she was only going to follow Glenn anyway. And that's kinda why the walker Dianna scene was important for another reason too...because she wanted to just kill it and be done (she doesn't have any parents), but Carl wanted to lead walker Dianna to Spencer...because Carl still has Rick and he understands that bond. So...Carl hurt Enid's feels by saying that she didn't understand. It was like calling her an orphan. :lol:

I think Glenn and Maggie are going to "adopt" her, so to speak. I think that's what Maggie was hinting at. Enid even looks kinda like Maggie. I guess the whole thing with her saving Glenn and Maggie on separate occasions was to show that she really just wants her parents back...or at least parental figures...or something like that. And she likes to act like a loner, but she even outright said in the church that she was only going to follow Glenn anyway. And that's kinda why the walker Dianna scene was important for another reason too...because she wanted to just kill it and be done (she doesn't have any parents), but Carl wanted to lead walker Dianna to Spencer...because Carl still has Rick and he understands that bond. So...Carl hurt Enid's feels by saying that she didn't understand. It was like calling her an orphan. :lol:

I didn't understand Eden in that scene until you just pointed it out. Still hope we get one more episode with just 60 minutes of Glenn and Maggie, too. I feel like it's well overdue and we're kind of owed one after all of the finale speculation.

• 2 weeks later...

-I feel meh about Morgan being a pacifist in this situation

-the *Censored* is this ship Carol is in

-Rick just punching a decapitated walker head like it ain't shit :lol:

-Glenn's first non-walker kill?

-FATHER GABRIEL YES

-that murder spree though

-interested to see how next week's ep will play out

-FATHER GABRIEL YES

Yeah this is the first time Glenn has killed anyone. Dude sucked it up this week it was great.

Thoroughly impressed with this show this season. Aside from a few stupid writing decisions, but in general it's been very good. Abraham continues to be the best.

What was Morgan welding at the end?

-FATHER GABRIEL YES

Yeah this is the first time Glenn has killed anyone. Dude sucked it up this week it was great.

Thoroughly impressed with this show this season. Aside from a few stupid writing decisions, but in general it's been very good. Abraham continues to be the best.

What was Morgan welding at the end?

It seems to be a cell cage.

Going by twitter and Talking Dead, why do people think Carol feels guilty about Sam dying? People saying it was her voice he remembered which cause him to freeze, but how the hell would she even know that? He was a scared little kid walking through a crowd of zombies lmao

But all life is precious

And Carol's concerned about the baby;s future. That's what you were referring to, right? Should be at home making sure it has the best chance of survival by staying home and avoiding bullets

I didn't catch the premiere but just got up to speed on the eps a few minutes ago and woooooooow I should've waited longer to binge watch the season. Don't read the comics amd don't know how much they parallel, but this guy who's about to show... should be gold.

Those SWAT tactics tho, ^_^

But all life is precious

And Carol's concerned about the baby;s future. That's what you were referring to, right? Should be at home making sure it has the best chance of survival by staying home and avoiding bullets

I didn't catch the premiere but just got up to speed on the eps a few minutes ago and woooooooow I should've waited longer to binge watch the season. Don't read the comics amd don't know how much they parallel, but this guy who's about to show... should be gold.

Those SWAT tactics tho, ^_^

Aside from a few changes this season has been rather close to the comics.

Speaking of changes...

After watching this last episode, I'm beginning to think Morgan will meet Lucille.

Nah, Abraham

No way. I don't doubt he'll die soon, but it won't be him. It just doesn't make sense for him to be the ONE. It's gotta be someone really meaningful to Rick. It's gotta be a death that will teach the group a real lesson. Furthermore, it's gotta be a death that will punch the viewers right in the gut and make Negan (and the Saviors) look like a legit threat, people who will not simply disrupt the status quo but obliterate it.

So no, it can't be Abe. In my eyes, Glenn dying will be the gut punched death (like in the comics) that will shake the viewers the most but Morgan's death, while not as devasting as Glenn's death, makes more thematic sense at this point.

Speaking of changes...

After watching this last episode, I'm beginning to think Morgan will meet Lucille.

Nah, Abraham

No way. I don't doubt he'll die soon, but it won't be him. It just doesn't make sense for him to be the ONE. It's gotta be someone really meaningful to Rick. It's gotta be a death that will teach the group a real lesson. Furthermore, it's gotta be a death that will punch the viewers right in the gut and make Negan (and the Saviors) look like a legit threat, people who will not simply disrupt the status quo but obliterate it.

So no, it can't be Abe. In my eyes, Glenn dying will be the gut punched death (like in the comics) that will shake the viewers the most but Morgan's death, while not as devasting as Glenn's death, makes more thematic sense at this point.

Hmm, maybe, fair enough. Carol is also a front runner for that position IMO. I don't think they'll do Glenn considering the shit they've put him through this season the guy has almost died like 3 times. Carol or Morgan, perhaps even Maggie because I really can't see them having another baby on the show, she doesn't exactly have a relationship with Rick like Carol, but still, she has a good relationship with everyone.

Yeah, the writers keep teasing us with Glenn's death. I originally thought they were doing that to foreshadow his ultimate demise but now I think they're just trying to throw us off.

Carol has a target on her but my gut says she'll end up okay. We'll see how things play out.

Maggie I think is safe. But her baby? Yikes... how screwed up would that be?

Morgan doesn't need to die to prove anything. The morally righteous character that refuses to be changed by the situation has been killed off 3 times already. It doesn't really pack a punch anymore.

It'll prove that Rick's line of thinking was wrong and that he & the group need to proceed differently when it comes to dealing with other groups (y'know not killing them while they're sleeping and such). It'll teach Rick that death is not always the answer -- that they're are other penalties that can be dealt to those they see as threats. Morgan is building a jail cell and it will be that very cell that Rick will use to honor him by when he feels it's appropriate.

I'm not saying I'm right and I'm just offering my own thoughts on how things will play out.

Yeah, the Negan entrance has to be gut wrenching, right? That writes off Abraham as his victim. Right now, the common viewer doesn't give two shits (or dingle berries) about him after the way he broke up with Rosita. I feel like he's in an awkward spot now where he can't die without redemption first, perhaps saving Rosita. And Morgan - I can see how it would be tragic how the guy who wants peace gets Lucille, but again I still feel like the viewer, after 6 seasons, has the same mindset as Rick and would have no patience for a guy like Morgan in this world. I always go back and forth with Judith being the victim because I really don't know how long they're going to keep this up with the group trying to raise her. That would be pretty disturbing tv. Maybe that's too much.

That leaves me guessing either Carol, Daryl, or Glenn. It really should be a season 1 character. All 3 are in some kind of path to wrap up their story in the next 4 episodes, so it makes sense for either of them to go.

Archived