The Walking Dead Discussion

Fuse

At this point, Glen being dead is pure speculation. Given how he fell and that someone was on top of him. Its completely possible that Glen somehow survived. If he did survive I do imagine he is not in a good way. So, at this point its wait and see on Glen's fate.

that's what i thought, but you can see the walkers pulling at his shirt

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guts were spilling everywhere.

True, but there is really no way of knowing those were Glen's being ripped out. Given how the scene was shot its possible there were his or Nicholas'. I'm really looking forward to see how Maggie will take this. Everything she loved is now gone, her father, her sister and now (possibly) her husband. Really looking forward to seeing her progression in the next few episodes.

^ Doesn't mean anything. Probably just want to drag it out until it's confirmed by the group.

Only way Glen is alive, is if the whole thing didn't happen...like, I heard someone suggest that Nicholas was hallucinating due to the stress of the moment. But aside from that, Glen is not living through that shit. You can see when he falls that the other dude is not on top of him, then a grey shirt (Glen's chest) gets tore open and he screams in sync with it. Not to mention the whole "he covered him up" theory is stupid just for the sheer volume of walkers. They would at least bite Glen in the process of eating the dude on top of him. I will legit be pissed if they try to spin it that he got away...because it would be some horseshit.

Christ alive that was a rough episode.

Glenn is dead people, its a choice to make it seem like it could POSSIBLY be Nicolas instead. Everything went wrong in this episode, I really felt for everyone and it realy drained me.

He was never my upmost fave character, but he's always been one of the best. RIP Glenn

Totally just realised that guys note to his wife was just mirroring Glenn and Maggie. Meeting his wife after the word turned, turning him into a better man. Makes me realise that Glenn will never get to say goodbye :(

Whew...shit.

Yeah man Glenn has to be dead. No way can they make up some scenario where he gets out and it be logical. In the moment it happened, I didn't wanna believe it and as a fan you want to think they he could make it out - but rationally there's no way. So *censored*ed up :fedup: ...

It's interesting though that the guest on the Talking Dead found an intriguing fact that Glenn never killed living people and always gave people a chance before resulting to drastic action. He really was character that stayed true but also one of the most developed on the show. R.I.P. Glenn :(

As for Rick, he's in a heap of shit but I think someone's gonna come along way to distract the walkers away from the RV. If it comes down to it that the walkers break through the door, I'm sure Rick can find some way to the top of the RV. Should be an opening in the roof somewhere.

Best case scenario.. what? Glenn somehow crawls under the dumpster? Without his walkie? There are walkers from all directions, there's no escape even if he's unharmed.

He calls Rick "dumbass" which brought me feels, either indicating he was going to die... Or now it's Rick who has to save Glenn from a swarm while being trapped.

That whole scene pissed me off though, because if you watch again, they run right by some stairs that go to the top of the building. Yeah...there's some crap piled in front of them...but they could have got up there. When they were on the dumpster, it looked like they could have even jumped, grabbed the fence and climbed off to the side where those trees were. Just seemed really bothersome that they couldn't figure a way out of there.

If they do somehow make Glenn survive this then it's going to feel really cheap and a massive waste of time. I saw those stairs too Gen' but the way I figure it was that they tried the door first, tried to find a gap in the fence and when they realised they couldn't get through either the walkers had already blocked the stairs off. Bit bothersome I know, but not totally illogical.

Plus, if they managed to get up those stairs the door probably would have been locked like the other one and they would've been in the same situation. Perhaps Glenn wouldn't have been knocked over by Nick killing himself, but he still would have been surrounded and either died trying to get away or stayed until he starved.

They could have done something with the dumpster too...maybe hopped in there and waited until the herd got distracted and moved on. You can open a dumpster when you're on top of it. It might be tricky...but you can do it. Especially when you have a chain link fence to hold onto. I guess the idea is that Glen himself would have found a way out of that situation, but having someone who is panic-stricken with him is what caused him to die.

I thought about leaping from the dumpster, too, but did you see how much room they actually had on there? They wouldn't have had momentum to make it to the fence by just jumping without a running start. If Glenn is dead, why wouldn't they show his body being torn apart? Why cause this much speculation? IDK, man.

I thought about leaping from the dumpster, too, but did you see how much room they actually had on there? They wouldn't have had momentum to make it to the fence by just jumping without a running start. If Glenn is dead, why wouldn't they show his body being torn apart? Why cause this much speculation? IDK, man.

They said on Talking Dead that we'll be seeing Glenn in one form or another in the future of the season. I reckon we'll be seeing zombie Glenn.

They did. I don't know how people saw anything different.

I wish the two of them weren't wearing the exact same outfit in this episode. I flip-flop every time I watch, and the "Have you ever been covered in so much blood you're not sure if it's yours, walkers, or your friends?" quote from Michonne stuck with me.

Why wouldn't he be in the In Memoriam?

I wish the two of them weren't wearing the exact same outfit in this episode. I flip-flop every time I watch, and the "Have you ever been covered in so much blood you're not sure if it's yours, walkers, or your friends?" quote from Michonne stuck with me.

Why wouldn't he be in the In Memoriam?

Because its a stylistic choice to make the audience talk about it. We'll get the closure later down the line ... Same deal with The Governor when the screen went black with the gunshot.

The more I think about it, the more I think they are going to somehow save Glenn. It is going to have to be some major tom*censored*ery though. Like the intestines being ripped out were obviously Nick's, his body fell on top of Glenn which is what knocked Glenn down there to begin with. But even then he is in some incredibly deep shit that there is virtually no way he makes it out. I want Glenn to be alive but I don't want to see them pull major shit out of their asses to save him. The show will just lose a lot of the feeling of inherent danger if they save him and prove that there is indeed a list of unkillable characters.

The more I think about it, the more I think they are going to somehow save Glenn. It is going to have to be some major tom*censored*ery though. Like the intestines being ripped out were obviously Nick's, his body fell on top of Glenn which is what knocked Glenn down there to begin with. But even then he is in some incredibly deep shit that there is virtually no way he makes it out. I want Glenn to be alive but I don't want to see them pull major shit out of their asses to save him. The show will just lose a lot of the feeling of inherent danger if they save him and prove that there is indeed a list of unkillable characters.

1zly5vl.png

I'm actually fine with them saving Glenn purely for that ^ reason, no matter how ridiculous it is for him to survive. It really should be him.

even though it's a TV show, I see no realistic outcome in which Glenn survives. Like, dude's surrounded by walkers and walkers. Sure they may be eating Nicholas (*Censored* Nicholas) but with that many walkers, Nicholas is just a quick appetizer and Glenn would be next pretty fast. Hopefully the show has the balls to kill him off.

Archived